Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark_07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2283 ft

Portugal

Hi

I need some help with this issue.

After upgrading to the lastest versions of the drone and remote firmware everything was normal, until my last hollidays..

In mid flight i lost GPS and had to land on atti mode.

Never again i had more than 5 ou 6 sattelites.

I have tryed:
Rebooting the phone (samsung galaxy s8+)
Downgrading firmware of drone to 1.00.0701
Downgrading firmware of remote to 1.00.0600
Diferent batteries
Diferent apps
Reinstalling DJI GO app
Calibrate compass.. ok

Calibrate IMU.. stuck in phase 2 of 6.. cant get past this phase..

In the same place i before had 14 ou more sattelites, spark can get only 4 or 5, and i'm confirming with the app UAVforecast.
I usually can fly it from my balcony, and now cant get any sattelite there..

I dont know what else to do...

NOTE:
I crashed spark once, 1 year ago.. no issues so far..
2018-10-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

the correct firmware for .0701 on the remote is 400 I think but I doubt that is contributing  almost sounds like you are not getting one band of satellites .. either GPS or GLONASS .. but a full battery in it and give it a really good view of the sky and let it sit for a good while.. if it was put away for an extended time it may require quite a bit of time to download the ephemeris data and lock on to sats..
2018-10-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

not being able to complete and IMU alignment worries me more than your sat issue.. might have a bad FC board or knocked a cable connector loose
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Can you please try to update the firmware of your drone to the latest version? After that, try to re-calibrate again. Also, please see the attached video below for Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. In this video, we will show you the best practices when using the DJI Remote Controller in order to get the optimal signal performance.  Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-10-19
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Not trying to insult your intelligence, but I was stuck on step 2 as welll, and it turned out, I wasn't paying close enough attention to the proper orientation of the spark.

This video does show it quite clearly.  Once I turned it correctly, and there was zero movement, it went through each step quite nicely.

2018-10-19
Use props
Dark_07
lvl.1

Portugal

Thank you all for your time.

So I payed atention to the IMU calibration instructions and it did calibrate.

I connected the drone directly to the phone to avoid remote issues.

Went outside and got this:
Screenshot_20181020-072538.jpg
Screenshot_20181020-072639_UAV Forecast.jpg
2018-10-19
Use props
Dark_07
lvl.1

Portugal

I extracted all the information from the spark, on dji assistand 2, black box.

You can read it here:
https://mega.nz/#!tZ5gnIRA!eAJm7 ... D1SO6HIuxREAKxSybLk

Faulty GPS module?

Warranty?
2018-10-20
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Dark_07 Posted at 2018-10-20 02:11
I extracted all the information from the spark, on dji assistand 2, black box.

You can read it here:

the UAV forecast software does not show a location ... if it doesn't know where it is it can't predict sat coverage...

even if it does know the location.. that is a prediction of sats overhead, does not show actual sat signal lock... so if there is extensive blockage of the horizon or other structures that interfere with GPS it will effect usable sats.  

how long did you give it?  have you tried a different location?

not saying its not hardware.. very well could be...  but I see a lot of little things here that make me believe that it may be operator error not understanding how GPS works
2018-10-20
Use props
Dark_07
lvl.1

Portugal

I 'll try in diferent locations and leave them on for some time ;)
2018-10-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Place it on high ground, no cover from either side for at least 20 or 30m (if not so high), further away if there are high trees or buildings.
And let it sit for a full battery, if it isn't coming up with sats

Just 4 sats is more pointing on "no sats there", than to receiving just only one band.
Even one band should get you 6+ sats
2018-10-20
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

The other day, mine kept switching to opti mode while under some trees. Once I was out in the open, it was back to normal.
2018-10-20
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

Sounds like the GPS module has an antenna problem. The GPS antenna is an integral part of the receiver and probably cannot be replaced. The antenna is some sort of a ceramic capacitance design which makes them very small and light. In any case I do not think antenna itself is replaceable. However the entire GPS module is easily changed and the modules are available on eBay for $35-50. I would suggest you change the module if the bird is out of warranty. If it is still in warranty send it in for repair.

Here is a link to the spark tear down instructions; https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/dji-spark-teardown-whats-inside

Here is a link to an eBay search; https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ... module&_sacat=0

Also available on Amazon.

~Bill
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dark_07 Posted at 2018-10-20 02:11
I extracted all the information from the spark, on dji assistand 2, black box.

You can read it here:

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refreshing the firmware of your aircraft if the unit is already up to date. Please let us know if the issue is still persisting even if you've tried to change the location, however, If it would be the same result then I'm afraid that the unit needs to be sent back for further evaluation to your drone as it experienced an incident before. You can contact our team using the link below and also, for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads -DJI Assistant 2

www.dji.com/support -Support Team
2018-10-23
Use props
Dark_07
lvl.1

Portugal

I havent had much time to solve this..

Since i crashed it once, and got no dji care, today i opened it.

Found the gps module broken.. result from the crash obviouslly..

50€ on ebay, oem part, ordered ;)

Thank you all for your time!
20181228_202519.jpg
2018-12-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Dark_07 Posted at 12-28 13:55
I havent had much time to solve this..

Since i crashed it once, and got no dji care, today i opened it.

Ow! That smarts.
2018-12-29
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

BMelody Posted at 10-20 07:08
Sounds like the GPS module has an antenna problem. The GPS antenna is an integral part of the receiver and probably cannot be replaced. The antenna is some sort of a ceramic capacitance design which makes them very small and light. In any case I do not think antenna itself is replaceable. However the entire GPS module is easily changed and the modules are available on eBay for $35-50. I would suggest you change the module if the bird is out of warranty. If it is still in warranty send it in for repair.

Here is a link to the spark tear down instructions; https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/dji-spark-teardown-whats-inside

Good info.
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules