Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No devices DJI App will Connect
611 11 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa18c375d
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I've crawled the forum and the web for an answer, and was also told by DJI support to send it in for repair but doesn't seem to be under warranty. No crashes, spills, anything - and for some reason i cannot get my Mavic Pro to connect to any device's app. I've tested Android Pixel 2, iPad and new Iphone, none will connect. I've done the USB port underneath the controller, tried several cables - not sure what i'm missing here - there's either a setting or a software issue. I can see the phone being charged from the controller, so there is a connection but not registering in App (and yes I have most recent DJI 4 version).

See video here for example on iPad, which worked weeks ago:

2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, just to verify, could the aircraft be controlled by the RC? Upon checking your video, it seems that both the side port and the bottom port are plugged, please kindly unplug the side port and see whether it works, thanks!
2018-10-19
Use props
fansa18c375d
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-19 18:40
Hi there, just to verify, could the aircraft be controlled by the RC? Upon checking your video, it seems that both the side port and the bottom port are plugged, please kindly unplug the side port and see whether it works, thanks!

Yes, I can control the aircraft by RC, I just can't connect the App to the RC. So basically I can't see where I'm flying for video capture/etc, which sort of defeats the purpose.

I can remove the plug from the side to see if it helps? IT's not plugged into anything.
2018-10-19
Use props
Mike Frey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4661821 ft
  • >>>

Following - I seem to be having a similar issue. Nothing is connecting to either my Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. I think the app updated earlier today, so maybe that is the issue?
2018-10-19
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

For the bottom USB to work on my controller, the side USB have to be pulled out.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa18c375d Posted at 2018-10-19 19:58
Yes, I can control the aircraft by RC, I just can't connect the App to the RC. So basically I can't see where I'm flying for video capture/etc, which sort of defeats the purpose.

I can remove the plug from the side to see if it helps? IT's not plugged into anything.

Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, only one port can be plugged at one time, please refer to the above suggestion and keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks so much!
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mike Frey Posted at 2018-10-19 20:15
Following - I seem to be having a similar issue. Nothing is connecting to either my Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. I think the app updated earlier today, so maybe that is the issue?

Mike, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current mobile OS and App version? You may try to reinstall the App, unplug the cable or change another working one to verify.
2018-10-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

you can only have one port connected at a time, if using the bottom remove the cable completely from the side port
2018-10-19
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Suren Posted at 2018-10-19 23:03
you can only have one port connected at a time, if using the bottom remove the cable completely from the side port

It is OK to connect the side port to charger if needed afteryou have connected the app true middle port. I do that if I fly more than 5 battery.
2018-10-20
Use props
fansa18c375d
lvl.1
United States

Removing the side port seemed to have fixed it for my iPad - thank you. The Pixel 2 does not want to connect, so I'm just guessing that's an unsupported device.
Now the only bummer is I'm close to an airport and am in a No-Fly Zone so can't even get it in the air
2018-10-20
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

fansa18c375d Posted at 2018-10-20 07:05
Removing the side port seemed to have fixed it for my iPad - thank you. The Pixel 2 does not want to connect, so I'm just guessing that's an unsupported device.
Now the only bummer is I'm close to an airport and am in a No-Fly Zone so can't even get it in the air

That's easy to fix... find another location, and don't even think about flying near airports.
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa18c375d Posted at 2018-10-20 07:05
Now the only bummer is I'm close to an airport and am in a No-Fly Zone so can't even get it in the air

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear it works on iPad now. For the Pixel 2, you may try to reinstall the App or change to another working cable to check.

Regarding the NFZ, you may refer to the FlyDK's suggestion to change another open filed to test. Alternatively, you may write to flysae@dji.com if you have got the local authorization, thank you!
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules