Use an Advanced + remote controller on Phantom 4 Pro?
7652 12 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4

Hello all,
this has probably been discussed before, but I could not find it.
I have a Phantom 4 Advanced +, with the GL300E controller (with built-in screen)
I can now get a good deal on a Phantom 4 Pro (version 1, not the plus), and I wonder if I can use my controller on that AC.

As far as I know the controller for a P4 Pro + can be used on a P4 Pro, but what about the controller for an Advanced +?

Thanks for any help!

2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. The Phantom 4 advanced + (GL300E) can be link on the Phantom 4 Pro aircraft. You just  need to choose the aircraft type in the APP . RC setting →advanced setting. After that, you can link the remote to the aircraft by following the video tutorial below.

2018-10-20
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-20 03:03
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. The Phantom 4 advanced + (GL300E) can be link on the Phantom 4 Pro aircraft. You just  need to choose the aircraft type in the APP . RC setting →advanced setting. After that, you can link the remote to the aircraft by following the video tutorial below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CABFbEF_QEk

Hi Paladin, thank you for your help!
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2018-10-20 04:22
Hi Paladin, thank you for your help!

You're welcome. Please let me know if you have other concern, we're here to help. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-20
Use props
Trampintransit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256385 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-20 04:38
You're welcome. Please let me know if you have other concern, we're here to help. Thanks for your support.

But can a 4 advanced plus a/c connect to a 4 advanced 'non' plus controller?
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Trampintransit Posted at 3-6 03:07
But can a 4 advanced plus a/c connect to a 4 advanced 'non' plus controller?

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. Yes the DJI Phantom 4 advanced plus A/C is compatible with the DJI Phantom 4 advanced remote controller.  if you have further concern or query. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.
2020-3-7
Use props
Trampintransit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256385 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-7 09:54
Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. Yes the DJI Phantom 4 advanced plus A/C is compatible with the DJI Phantom 4 advanced remote controller.  if you have further concern or query. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.

Well.... I managed to connect my old P4A controller to the P4A+ a/c in so far as I have a green light on the controller and a green light on the a/c ..but the app still shows 'Disconnected' ????
the cable is new, the app has been reloaded to the ipad ( not from cloud ..so no cache?)
Th a/c and controller firmware appear to be up to date
Rconnecting the 'old' controller , a P4A+ controller using the 'press C1,C2 and record at the same time reconnnects that controller to the A/C

Trying the same thing now with P4A controller.....gets beep on controller, then press light on a/c and now greens on controller and a/c but still 'diconnected' ?????
Found setting in app on ipad for 'controller type'  it was incorrectly set to 'Pro' ...set it to 'Adv' ...still not working and interestingly that selection in the app has no vanished.

The app on the apad...now  still seems to think it's conneted to a P4A PLUS controller, as in 'Multiple Flight Modes' it list options as P A F  not P S A as is that case on the P4A controller ????

SOLVED ..... the brand new straight out the packet lightning lead...was a dud...!!!!!

2020-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Trampintransit Posted at 3-12 05:03
Well.... I managed to connect my old P4A controller to the P4A+ a/c in so far as I have a green light on the controller and a green light on the a/c ..but the app still shows 'Disconnected' ????
the cable is new, the app has been reloaded to the ipad ( not from cloud ..so no cache?)
Th a/c and controller firmware appear to be up to date

Thank you for the additional information. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or query, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-12
Use props
maoly.2wo
New

Bulgaria

Btw ... Are the Phantom 4  Pro Plus and Phantom 4 Pro Plus ver. 2.0 remote controllers compatible with each other?
2020-3-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

maoly.2wo Posted at 3-22 07:03
Btw ... Are the Phantom 4  Pro Plus and Phantom 4 Pro Plus ver. 2.0 remote controllers compatible with each other?

No, because the V2 controller uses a more advanced version of Occusync.
2020-3-22
Use props
SpahicDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218947 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello, i have a question. Can a DJI phantom 4 Pro + controller(with the display built in)  be connected on Dji phanotm 4 ADVANCED (The regular version 1) , Thank you, and best regards
2020-4-15
Use props
Photographer1
New

United States

SpahicDJI Posted at 2020-4-15 13:55
Hello, i have a question. Can a DJI phantom 4 Pro + controller(with the display built in)  be connected on Dji phanotm 4 ADVANCED (The regular version 1) , Thank you, and best regards

No it cannot, i tried this last year with no success. DJI said the aircraft mist be an advanced plus as well.
2021-9-29
Use props
Mikeyflys
New
Flight distance : 28763 ft
Canada

Photographer1 Posted at 9-29 06:22
No it cannot, i tried this last year with no success. DJI said the aircraft mist be an advanced plus as well.

Does anyone have v1.3.6.0 version of firmware fore a Gl300e controller? In trying to link controller to phantom 4 and the settings on controller keep switching from phantom 4 to phantom 4 pro and back again. I’ve seen in another post that rolling back the firmware allows the Gl300e to operate a phantom 4.
Thanks.
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules