DJI Provides False & Misleading Info Towards Warranty Claim
652 5 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
annntdra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32746 ft

I bought a Mavic Air (Fly More Combo) in Germany on August 9, 2018. On October 6, 2018, I was flying the aircraft outdoors, in Germany, when it pitched forward, flew into a cliff wall, and fell into the river. I was unable to retrieve the aircraft from the river without a risk to life. I spent over an hour assessing the situation after the crash before abandoning the recovery attempt. I have pulled the flight record of the flight, analysed the data, and submitted a waranty claim to DJI based on my findings.

The data shows no reponse from the drone to my control inputs in trying to prevent the collision, and the sudden changes it attitude match correctly with the timeline during the flight in question. The drone proceeded to issue warnings after the crash, when it didn't matter. DJI Support are refusing to acknowledge the timeline of events and the time of the crash, even though I have referenced the data clearly multiple times.

I complied with all of the information requests, submitted the flight logs to the DJI servers, and approached this issue honestly and in an open way with DJI. In return, from the time this claim was initiated, DJI has provided false and misleading statements, and has focused more creating a false narrative on what I have done wrong instead of showing why the product was functioning correctly. Each time, these arguments are proven wrong by my own analysis and/ or by your own company's "analysis". To be blunt, my patience is wearing thin. This seems like a shameful practice and goes against the spirit of the law and the reversal of burden of proof as stipulated by the EU Directive on consumer laws:.

"The seller must prove that the item was not defective for the first 6 months after the delivery of the product ("reversal of burden of proof"). After this time the consumer must prove that it was defective."

So far, DJI have failed to prove that their product was not defective in the first 6 months. Further to that, I have had to uphold the burden of proof by doing the data analysis myself. I hope this can now be resolved, as the unprofessional handling of this warranty claim is rivalling the compensation I'm seeking from your defective product. I am extremely disappointed in the product and the customer service, or lack thereof, and would not recommend these products to anyone who cares about a EUR1000+ loss.

2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi anntdra, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. I managed to get your case number via the forum info, please kindly find the data analysis result as below:
1. The aircraft worked in OPTI mode after took off due to the weak GPS signal;
2. T=00:30, H=10.4 m, the aircraft switched to Attitude mode;
3. T=00:48, H=5 m, the aircraft crashed in A mode;
Conclusion: In Attitude mode, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake and avoid obstacle automatically which requires high flying skills. From the flight records, we do not find any product malfunction and sorry that it is not a warranty case. You may refer to the screenshots to confirm. Hope for your understanding. If you were recording when the accident happened, you may also provide us with the cached video, we'll forward to our engineers for further check, thanks! 0008.PNG
0048.PNG

2018-10-20
Use props
annntdra
lvl.1

The drone had already crashed at T=30s. You are now saying the exact same things as the email thread with DJI Support. Please escalate this to someone who can help solve this claim.
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

annntdra Posted at 2018-10-20 01:54
The drone had already crashed at T=30s. You are now saying the exact same things as the email thread with DJI Support. Please escalate this to someone who can help solve this claim.

According to the flight records, when T=00:30, the drone switched to ATTI mode due to lack of GPS, we do not find any crash at that time. If you have other clues or data to confirm this point, please do not hesitate to share with us.
Your case has been escalated to the management for further follow-up, they will review your case and contact you during the working time, thanks for your patience.
2018-10-20
Use props
annntdra
lvl.1

What exactly do you mean by "escalated to management"? I've seen that reply so many times on this forum. It sounds like a gimmick to put us at ease by using big words. I do not want this case sent to another support technician, I have heard enough false and misleading statements from them.

Below is a photo of the breakdown of the events, which shows the loss of control and crash from the attitude traces. The timeline of events at the scene on October 6, 2018 matches what is seen in the data.

2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

annntdra Posted at 2018-10-20 05:22
What exactly do you mean by "escalated to management"? I've seen that reply so many times on this forum. It sounds like a gimmick to put us at ease by using big words. I do not want this case sent to another support technician, I have heard enough false and misleading statements from them.

Below is a photo of the breakdown of the events, which shows the loss of control and crash from the attitude traces. The timeline of events at the scene on October 6, 2018 matches what is seen in the data.

Hi Andrei, thank you for providing this information. Your concern about the result of the analysis has been forwarded to the higher team to investigate and follow up, we will have someone contact you during working hours about the next resolution, we are sorry again for the inconvenience caused. We hope for your patience.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules