Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Battery Issue] Brand New Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo
3635 13 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nordium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all!I received my brand new Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo in the mail yesterday, and after owning a Spark and a Mavic Air, I can say that that Mavic Pro (especially the Platinum) has been the best drone I've ever used; and I've only had about 4 flights so far. I love it.
However, I ran in to one issue. This issue doesn't apply to the drone itself, it's just a battery issue. 2/3 batteries that I received in the Fly More Package work perfectly, however one of them does not charge. One slowly flashing light (the one farthest from the power button) appears when I click the power button once, however when I connect the battery to the charging dock the lights cycle through on the battery and then the charging dock light turns red. The battery won't charge; not even for a second. I've tried charging my other two batteries first and then letting the dock cycle through to the defect battery, however it still would not charge. I also tried using the charger seperate from the dock with no luck.
If this is a matter of updating the firmware, the battery doesn't have enough to start the update (it has less than 25%) and won't charge.

I've attached a video below made by another user with the same issue to further demonstrate what happens when I try to charge the battery.
Any and all help would be very much appreciated. Thank you all!

2018-10-20
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

That one is broken I believe. I would contact DJI and send it back.
2018-10-21
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

It's probably dead, but you could try draining it some more via the included USB adapter. For example, charge your phone or something else, then try charging again. If it still does not work, the battery should be returned for repair or replacement.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Nordium, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry about the battery that came with the fly more combo. I suggest to sending an email to support@dji.com or call us to create a replacement process. We're here to help you. Thank you.  

2018-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is most likely a support case.
2018-10-21
Use props
Nordium
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-10-20 16:58
Sorry I see you already tried connecting it directly to the charger.

No worries. Thanks for your input & safe flying to you!
2018-10-21
Use props
Nordium
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sky Carrier Posted at 2018-10-21 02:09
That one is broken I believe. I would contact DJI and send it back.

Thank you for your input! I've created a support case, I'll probably have to send it back (which is no problem).
2018-10-21
Use props
Nordium
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-21 02:25
It's probably dead, but you could try draining it some more via the included USB adapter. For example, charge your phone or something else, then try charging again. If it still does not work, the battery should be returned for repair or replacement.

Earlier on I was able to see the lights on the battery, however now it seems completely dead already as no lights appear when power button is pressed. Whenever I try connecting it to the charger(s) in this state, the status indicator light on the dock turns red and the battery doesn't charge.
As of now, I've opened a case with support. Thanks for your input!
2018-10-21
Use props
Nordium
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-21 03:57
Hi Nordium, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry about the battery that came with the fly more combo. I suggest to sending an email to  or call us to create a replacement process. We're here to help you. Thank you.  

[view_image]

Thank you Gamora! I've opened a case with support and am awaiting a response.
2018-10-21
Use props
Nordium
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-10-21 08:52
That is most likely a support case.

Yep, I've opened one since then. Thanks for the input!
2018-10-21
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Nordium Posted at 2018-10-21 12:08
Earlier on I was able to see the lights on the battery, however now it seems completely dead already as no lights appear when power button is pressed. Whenever I try connecting it to the charger(s) in this state, the status indicator light on the dock turns red and the battery doesn't charge.
As of now, I've opened a case with support. Thanks for your input!

Good choice - you're welcom.
Hope you get a new one soon.
2018-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nordium Posted at 2018-10-21 12:09
Yep, I've opened one since then. Thanks for the input!

Hope you get it fixed asap!
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nordium Posted at 2018-10-21 12:09
Thank you Gamora! I've opened a case with support and am awaiting a response.

Hi Nordium, you may also check your case at this link https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace. Should you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you.

2018-10-22
Use props
Stony Marchetti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111549 ft
United States

Strange but that very same thing is happening to me. Brand new everything Fly more bundle and one of the batteries is defective. Also I ordered the combo with three extra batteries and only received two and the “guarenteed “ delivery date I was given has now been changed to 1 to 3 days after the guarenteed delivery date for the missing battery that I had to pay for again and then have the price of refunded minus the shipping cost. Also I’ve tried to purchase the “refresh package but every time I enter my DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Serial  Number it tells me “Product does not exist” and I started trying to get it and flying my drone on Friday and you can only purchase the insurance within 48 hrs of first Activation. And dji doesn’t offer support on the weekends. Still not sure what the outcome is going to be on that FUBU.
Hope you have better luck then me.
Sincerely,
A very disappointed and unsatisfied customer.
2018-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules