Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 CrystalSky Monitor Adapter Mount
5566 25 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iron Jim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1732372 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings All,

One of the biggest gripes with the Mavic 2 is the lack of a decent way to attach the CrystalSky Monitors to the Remote Controls, I have personally tried the Polar Pro Mounts, as well as the Skyreat Mounts and have found them both to be too Bulky, and somewhat heavy when attached to the Remote Control.  I have recently been using the Mavic 2 Monitor Adapter from DJI Arizona, and have found them to be very compatible to the original Mavic Pro Mount Brackets sold by DJI,  The Mavic 2 CrystalSky Adapters allows you to attach the adapters to the Remote Control without interferring with the controller sticks when stored inside the Remote Control, on my flight test with the adapters, I found the use of the adapters to be just as good as they are using the Mavic Pro Mount Brackets on the Mavic Pro, I,ve recently ordered a 2nd set to use with my Mavic Air.  I'm not sure if DJI will ever make a mounting bracket for the Mavic 2 Drones, if not the adapter from the DJI Arizona website will fill in perfectly.  
  I do not work for DJI Arizona, I'm just a guy who enjoys flying my Drones, and one who absolutely refuses to use a Cell Phone as a Monitor, for me, if a cell phone was acceptable, I would have never bought my CrystalSky Ultra and CsystalSky 5.5 Monitors

https://djistoreaz.com/product/m ... itor-adapter-mount/

Monitor Adapters

Monitor Adapters

Adapters Slide into the Bottom Slots

Adapters Slide into the Bottom Slots

Both Adapters Installed

Both Adapters Installed

Installed Adapters

Installed Adapters

Adapters installed, Sticks Stored in the Remote Controller

Adapters installed, Sticks Stored in the Remote Controller

extended Bolts are supplied with Adapters

extended Bolts are supplied with Adapters

Extended Bolts can be finger tightened

Extended Bolts can be finger tightened

Back View

Back View

Monitor Mounts and Function like the Mavic Pro

Monitor Mounts and Function like the Mavic Pro

Easy Installation

Easy Installation

Rea View

Rea View

Monitor Mounts From Bottom of the Remote

Monitor Mounts From Bottom of the Remote
2018-10-20
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

$29.00 Bucks add the cost of the mount $79.00. It may be a great mount and solution , but come on DJI, over $100.00 for a mount ??? This should be bundled with the Crystalsky. Crystalsky is  already a premium price for a non premium product.
2018-10-20
Use props
Iron Jim
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-10-20 14:06
$29.00 Bucks add the cost of the mount $79.00. It may be a great mount and solution , but come on DJI, over $100.00 for a mount ??? This should be bundled with the Crystalsky. Crystalsky is  already a premium price for a non premium product.

I do see your point Sky Donkey, I was unfortunately thinking about those who may have already purchased the Mavic Mount for the Mavic Pro, or Spark and we're disappointed because the Mounting Brackets would not work with the Mavic Air or Mavic 2 Drones
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Iron Jim, thanks for sharing with us. Our engineers are working on the Remote Controller Mounting Bracket for Mavic 2. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready, Appreciate your support and attention.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

$29.00 Bucks add the cost of the mount $79.00. It may be a great mount and solution , but come on DJI, over $100.00 for a mount ??? This should be bundled with the Crystalsky. Crystalsky is  already a premium price for a non premium product.

Hi Sky Donkey, sorry for keeping you waiting. The standard package of CrystalSky does not include the mounting bracket for now. Our engineers are working on the CS bracket for Mavic 2 and will release it soon.
2018-10-22
Use props
Iron Jim
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-22 03:10
Hi Iron Jim, thanks for sharing with us. Our engineers are working on the Remote Controller Mounting Bracket for Mavic 2. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready, Appreciate your support and attention.

Thanks for the information Susan
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Iron Jim Posted at 2018-10-22 14:00
Thanks for the information Susan

You are welcome. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-10-24
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was about to pull the trigger on a set of these but the cheapest shipping option from that outfit was damn near the price of the adapter.  It shouldn't cost $20 to ship those things.
2018-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Look at this option it’s pretty cheap, you will see it at the end of the video.
2018-10-26
Use props
Iron Jim
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-10-26 08:43
I was about to pull the trigger on a set of these but the cheapest shipping option from that outfit was damn near the price of the adapter.  It shouldn't cost $20 to ship those things.

Unfortunately, the shipping fees is the one negative part about the CrystalSky Adapters, the shipping fee was a lot lower when I bought my first adapter, and a lot higher on my second set, not sure why they increased the shipping fee
2018-10-27
Use props
EV007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8146 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing this Iron Jim!

Interesting option - looks 3D printed?  
2018-10-28
Use props
Iron Jim
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EV007 Posted at 2018-10-28 06:57
Thanks for sharing this Iron Jim!

Interesting option - looks 3D printed?

They are 3D printed, not sure as to what the material is, but it is very good and solid, so far, I haven't had any issues with the adapters
2018-10-29
Use props
Iron Jim
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Recently ran across these items on eBay, if you're looking for affordable Mounting Adapters for your Mavic 2/Mavic Air, they might be worth looking into, have just ordered a pair for my Mavic 2/Mavic Air, will post on their on their functionality when I receive them, the pair costed me $8.43, the shipping was free.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Holde ... 2057872.m2749.l2649
2018-10-29
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iron Jim Posted at 2018-10-29 19:38
Recently ran across these items on eBay, if you're looking for affordable Mounting Adapters for your Mavic 2/Mavic Air, they might be worth looking into, have just ordered a pair for my Mavic 2/Mavic Air, will post on their on their functionality when I receive them, the pair costed me $8.43, the shipping was free.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Holde ... 2057872.m2749.l2649

Here's the same thing for $4.23. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holder- ... Screws/401621391373[/url].

It's amazing they can ship these free at that cost.  You couldn't hardly make it for that price, and it would cost that much just to ship it within the U.S. let alone from China.

Anyways, when it finally gets here around Christmas, let us know how it works.  

2018-10-31
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iron Jim Posted at 2018-10-27 14:00
Unfortunately, the shipping fees is the one negative part about the CrystalSky Adapters, the shipping fee was a lot lower when I bought my first adapter, and a lot higher on my second set, not sure why they increased the shipping fee

I contacted them and there was an issue with their site.  You can get reasonable shipping for these now, but there appear to be cheaper alternatives, and if DJI is actually going to make one themselves, I may wait for that.

How much you wanna bet the DJI product looks a lot like the ones shown in this thread from eBay shipped from China?
2018-10-31
Use props
Iron Jim
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 10-31 06:13
I contacted them and there was an issue with their site.  You can get reasonable shipping for these now, but there appear to be cheaper alternatives, and if DJI is actually going to make one themselves, I may wait for that.

How much you wanna bet the DJI product looks a lot like the ones shown in this thread from eBay shipped from China?

I agree with you 100%, I'm surprised that DJI did not have adapters ready to go when they made the Mavic Air, the 2 sets I bought from eBay costed a total of $8.43, with one being for the Mavic Air, and the 2nd set for the Mavic 2 Pro, there was a discount for buying 2 sets, I'm still waiting to see if DJI will eventually make some type of bracket themselves since others have found a solution that works well, I'm not sure if DJI will bypass the brackets and introduce a new Remote Controller that has a built in CrystalSky Monitor, there has been rumors that it was something that was being worked on.   The carrying bag that came with the DJI Mavic 2's shows a packing diagram that depicts a diagram of a  newer controller that appears to be larger with a possible built in monitor.
2018-11-1
Use props
linewalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 500502 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-22 03:37
Hi Sky Donkey, sorry for keeping you waiting. The standard package of CrystalSky does not include the mounting bracket for now. Our engineers are working on the CS bracket for Mavic 2 and will release it soon.

Hi Susan,

In October you said this bracket would be released soon. It's nearly March now. Why has it not been released?
2019-2-21
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

linewalker Posted at 2-21 09:04
Hi Susan,

In October you said this bracket would be released soon. It's nearly March now. Why has it not been released?

Sorry to burst your bubble ..but unless the Crystalsky 2 is the exact outside physical dimensions as the current Crystalsky then dont expect to see one, EVER ! . Its been 6 months now already. If DJI were going to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to create, develop and manufacture the product it would have done by now.  There just leave it to 3rd party suppliers. Don t think they feel there enough profit in it for them.
2019-2-21
Use props
sclelectronics
Captain
United States

Well I couldn't wait....
So I made my own adapter on my Taig CNC Mill out of Aluminum.

2019-2-22
Use props
fans775f4789
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623586 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

sclelectronics Posted at 2-22 07:37
Well I couldn't wait....
So I made my own adapter on my Taig CNC Mill out of Aluminum.

You can commercialize this and make money !!
2019-2-23
Use props
Iron Jim
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sclelectronics Posted at 2-22 07:37
Well I couldn't wait....
So I made my own adapter on my Taig CNC Mill out of Aluminum.

would you be interested in selling me a bracket, would love a pair for my Mavic Air, and Mavic 2
2019-2-28
Use props
fans399719d9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3830781 ft
Belgium

My Solution

2019-6-24
Use props
DaFred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3830781 ft