No toggle for gimbal pan/tilt?
329 1 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c477b90
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687156 ft
United States

I recently picked up a mavic 2 pro for the 20mp sensor. Being an inspire pro pilot makes a few features that are missing much more painful. Here’s what I’m talking about. On the inspire with the x5 all of my camera settings are at my fingertips literally on the dials. As a professional it sucks to have to take a hand off the controls in the middle of a flight and cover a chunk of my screen to adjust my aperture shutter speed and ISO. Not having the ability to both pan and tilt and toggle settings on the gimbal from the top two dials is also a major hassle. It may not seem like much but both of these features being absent is a bit cumbersome if you are a high volume pilot in any capacity or if you need to adjust quickly to catch a shot before it’s gone or your light changes. Maybe it’s just the shock of upgrading my sensor but downgrading overall on the aircraft although I think these could easily be added as programmable controls in a future update much in the same way that the c1 and C2 buttons are on the inspire series. I suppose I can’t complain too much being that it’s checks the 20mp box which some of engineering clients are beginning to request at a killer of a price point. I haven’t put the bird into service yet just so I have time to familiarize myself with it. But in nov I have to put this little monster to work in a high volume capacity so these items may end up slowing me down in the field. Another big win would be if DJI would offer something similar to the MavMount for mounting bigger tablets on the controller. I feel like I just went from a Ferrari to a Street Bike and one is a beast of a machine with a long track record and the other performs in much the same way but is missing things like a steering wheel windshield and roof. Maybe it’s just me but if you are trying to win over pros the features that are the same across the platforms should be accessible in the same way on both in my opinion.
2018-10-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am with you Dude!
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules