Go 4 missing ‘precision landing’ switch
1130 9 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T3Airops
lvl.2
Flight distance : 289902 ft
United States

New mav zoom - can’t get this thing to land the same place twice unless I do it myself.  Every sensor is enabled along with vision positioning and obstacle check & RTH programmed to land on the big orange pad takeoff spot (trying to stay out of the grass).  I’ve re-calibrated IMU & compass & GPS is seeing 12-18.  Happens in multiple flying locations and conditions both position and tripod.  RTH lands within 10–15ft of set home position (in the grass...).

Where’s the precision landing switch?

Thanks!

JP
2018-10-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Precision Landing is not a feature of the Mavic 2.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi T3Airops, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. We can now inform you that after carefully considering customers’feedback, we have decided to add the Precision Landing function for the Mavic 2. This feature will be released in a future firmware update. Please stay tuned. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-21
Use props
T3Airops
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-21 02:03
Hi T3Airops, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. We can now inform you that after carefully considering customers’feedback, we have decided to add the Precision Landing function for the Mavic 2. This feature will be released in a future firmware update. Please stay tuned. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Thanks!!

Just curious - why would a safety feature be not included on an upgrade model?  I’m sure there was a good reason, curious what that was...

(it has made me Very proficient with manual precision landings within ~1inch)

Looking forward to the new firmware release -

Thanks again,

JP
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

T3Airops Posted at 2018-10-21 05:55
Thanks!!

Just curious - why would a safety feature be not included on an upgrade model?  I’m sure there was a good reason, curious what that was...

No worries T3Airops. Thanks again for your continued support. Have a safe flight always.
2018-10-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

T3Airops Posted at 2018-10-21 05:55
why would a safety feature be not included on an upgrade model?

Check out this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-164274-1-1.html
2018-10-21
Use props
T3Airops
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-21 07:15
Check out this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-164274-1-1.html

I did!  Thanks for the link.  I better understand the history of this question now.  But, what a huge ugly mess!  

JP
2018-10-23
Use props
jmclfrsh5621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m glad it is being added, but I land mine manually every time so it has not affected me.

I get that it could prove far more important when the link to the RC from the aircraft is lost.

I for one am just amazed and happy that DJI is bringing out such well-behaving products! I’m probably older than 85-90% of the folks on here and remember when just about everything never had features like this.

So it’s pretty amazing how well these things work.
2018-10-25
Use props
T3Airops
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-21 02:03

Precision Landing now (1.00.02) works perfectly.  

Thanks!! for adding and for being so responsive to your customers.

Great Job!

JP
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

T3Airops Posted at 11-23 12:27
Precision Landing now (1.00.02) works perfectly.  

Thanks!! for adding and for being so responsive to your customers.

Hi JP, we're glad that all our efforts are being appreciated. Please keep us posted on your next flights. Again, thank you for choosing and trusting DJI. Cheers!
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules