Mavic 2 Zoom not closing video recording when powered off
1368 1 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I've noticed that if I'm recording, and I land and shut off the Mavic using the battery button that the MP3 file that was being written to becomes corrupt.  Sometimes it's truncated and other times the file is unuseable.  I'm assuming that the drone is shutting down without properly closing the file.  If I stop the recording and then turn the drone off, everthing is OK.  

I know it's simply a matter of making sure I stop the recording with the controller before hitting the battery button..   But..  My Phantom 4 doesn't do this.  I can just hit the battery button to shut it down.   Any active recording file is closed cleanly.   After two years of P4 flying, I've picked up a habit that's hard to break.  I often shut it down without turning off video record and never suffer file corruption.   Just the other day I caught myself shutting down the drone without turning off record and cursed knowing I just lost that video.

First of all.. I wonder if others see this, or is it just  me?   And if this is happening universally, it would be nice if DJI could  include a 'stop recording & close file' function when the battery button is pressed.  That'll save me and perhaps others from  losing the odd video.

2018-10-21
Use props
zappy54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

yes I to get same thing happen some times if I shut off AC the file is there but not readable til I turn on AC again and it fixes the video file just have remember to always stop video before turning off AC
2018-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules