1152 16 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I'm hoping a DJI moderator can help.

I purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom at the end of August and subsequently purchased Care Rrefresh soon after.
On Sunday, 10/7 I damaged both my Mavic aircraft and remote.  That afternoon I submitted a repair request, opting to have a repair evaluation rather than an epress refresh.
On Tuesday, 10/16, DJI Support emailed me, acknowledged reciept of my aircraft, remote, gimbal/camera attached to the AC, and a pair of props.  Case # CAS-2321009-H9R7J6
was allocated to the repair.
On Wed 10/17 I received email that the repair was evaluated, and I will be emailed an invoice within a couple business days.  The repair of the remote was put under a different case #,  but I have no issues with how that proceeded.
The same day, Wed aftermoon I received an invoice for the aircraft.  This is where I have an issue.
The invoice itemized the repair cost both parts and labor, totalling $233.  What I failed to realize was that the bottom line total amount was for the refresh replacement fee of $119 which is what I paid through Paypal.
Early the next morning I realized my mistake, and emailed DJI support using email address support.us@dji.com as a forward to the invoice email, indicating I wanted to have the AC repaired, rather than use up one of my refresh incidents.  Since I had used a forward, the case number was in the subject line of the email.
I never received a reply to the email.  Instead I received emails later that Thursday indicating my AC/remote was repaired, and subsequenlty shipped.

I would have paid the additional $114 for a total of $233 (plus the cost of extra set (not just a pair) of props which i had also asked for), had the unit repaired, and saved my first refresh for a more serious incident but I was not given the opportunity to select having it repaired rather than replaiced.
It seems nobody at DJI seems to ever read a customer's email or case notes.

What can be done about this so I can save my refresh for a more "stormy day"?

One other note: the original case was split with the remote moved to new case # CAS-2375805-C7R4C2.  That case was handled well, but I don't see it attributed to my DJI account.
The support site needs fixing.   If one is already logged in, it should be easy to get to one's cases and not have to enter one's case # and the captcha code to view the progress/details.   Also what does show never seems to go to completion.  My Phantom repair 2 years ago still shows to be in progress rather than a history.

2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Daniel, we are terribly sorry to know about the issues that you had with your repair case for Mavic 2 Zoom. As per checking your case, it appears that the payment has been confirmed and the processed before your request to do repair service instead of using the care plan. We understand how you feel about this situation and sorry about this, however this is an automated process in our system. There is a note indicated in the invoice that the type of service is DJI Care Refresh. We hope you understand. Thank you
2018-10-21
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

That's the problem.  The system is too automated and the automation has serious flaws.  That's why DJI customer service has a bad reputation.  Nowhere were there instructions on how to opt for repair instead of refresh.   Both options should be available and clear as to how to select one or the other.   Selecting Care on the repair request form should not constitute an unconditional request for refresh, that's what Express is for.  Selecting care is so that i get VIP service and have the option to select refresh.  I was quoted parts and labor so naturally I assumed it was an invoice for a repair.  Nowhere in the invoice other than the busy text did it indicate I was paying for refresh.
Early the next morning, 4:30am PDT, after paying the invoice the previous evening for what I initially thought was for a repair, i sent an email indicating I wanted a repair, not a replacement.   To this day that email has gone unanswered.

Anyway, you did PM me that you would look into this further.  I hope DJI CS and I can work something out to both of our satisfaction, despite the replacement having already been sent out and arriving to my house Wed.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DanMan32 Posted at 2018-10-21 20:36
That's the problem.  The system is too automated and the automation has serious flaws.  That's why DJI customer service has a bad reputation.  Nowhere were there instructions on how to opt for repair instead of refresh.   Both options should be available and clear as to how to select one or the other.   Selecting Care on the repair request form should not constitute an unconditional request for refresh, that's what Express is for.  Selecting care is so that i get VIP service and have the option to select refresh.  I was quoted parts and labor so naturally I assumed it was an invoice for a repair.  Nowhere in the invoice other than the busy text did it indicate I was paying for refresh.
Early the next morning, 4:30am PDT, after paying the invoice the previous evening for what I initially thought was for a repair, i sent an email indicating I wanted a repair, not a replacement.   To this day that email has gone unanswered.

Hi DanMan, yes, I have received your PM and we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, your concern has been escalated, please wait patiently for the further communication, thank you.
2018-10-21
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

Someone has tried to get in touch with me, but they only leave a voicemail with no direct callback #.  After they made two attempts they finally sent me an email but alas the sender/return address is the generic Support address.  Also the phone number in Gino's signature and the number shown by caller-ID only directs me to the automated menu, again with no means of communicating directly with Gino.

We'll see if i get a reply from both my emails, one thanking him for the email, the 2nd one informing him that i was not provided with a means to contact him back directly.   Without that, we're at a standoff since I do work during the day and can't answer the phone, not to mention I don't usually answer calls from numbers I don't recognize.
2018-10-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

Gino called me when i happened to be home, it seems DJI doesn't want to do anything for me.   I really feel I was let down and deceived.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DanMan32 Posted at 2018-10-24 07:39
Gino called me when i happened to be home, it seems DJI doesn't want to do anything for me.   I really feel I was let down and deceived.

Sorry about this, Daniel. We hope you understand that we have a process and policy that needs to be complied. We have sent you the invoice that stated the type of service being used is DJI Care Refresh. We can request not to use your care plan if the dispute was prior the payment confirmation. Unfortunately, the payment has been processed when we received the request. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2018-10-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

There was only one spot that indicated I was going to be enacting a refresh and nowhere did it indicate what to do if i did NOT want to use refresh.  Even subsequent followup emails indicated repair, not refresh which could further confuse someone.

I strongly suggest the following changes:
In the invoice have the total show the REPAIR total, another line showing a REFRESH total, with those bolded words in the respective total line item.

In the text, under separate paragraphs separated by a blank line, indicate like below:

You have two options for this quote.  You can opt to have your drone repaired, or to have it replaced as one of your remaining Care Refresh incidents.

To have your unit repaired, pay the amount indicated on the line marked Repair Total.

To have your unit replaced under refresh, pay the amount indicated on the line marked Refresh Total.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DanMan32 Posted at 2018-10-24 09:13
There was only one spot that indicated I was going to be enacting a refresh and nowhere did it indicate what to do if i did NOT want to use refresh.  Even subsequent followup emails indicated repair, not refresh which could further confuse someone.

I strongly suggest the following changes:

We understand your situation and we're sorry about it. Rest assured that this will be forwarder to the respective department to learn from the cases like this and to keep improving our service. Thank you so much for your understanding and suggestion.
2018-10-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

Thanks  It might have been for the best anyhow, but who can predict the future?  Hopefully someone will listen and make the corresponding change. to the process.

Question:  It had been said that with a care refresh replacement, that the S/N of the AC and gimbal isn't automatically transferred, that we need to contact support to have it done.  The fact that i needed to activate the replacement and the app reminding me that I have 48 hours to purchase Care seems to support that possibility.
Is that true?  If so, it should have been stated somewhere.   Also if so, what's the best way to go about it?
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DanMan32 Posted at 2018-10-24 12:21
Thanks  It might have been for the best anyhow, but who can predict the future?  Hopefully someone will listen and make the corresponding change. to the process.

Question:  It had been said that with a care refresh replacement, that the S/N of the AC and gimbal isn't automatically transferred, that we need to contact support to have it done.  The fact that i needed to activate the replacement and the app reminding me that I have 48 hours to purchase Care seems to support that possibility.

For your DJI Care Refresh. If the repair center replaced the unit, the remaining balance of your care plan should be transferred from the old unit to the replacement automatically. But, if it wasn't transferred after unit has been replaced, we recommend you to directly contact DJI Care team by sending your previous case number, old and new serial number to djicare@dji.com for the confirmation.

If the app remind you to buy the care plan even though you have remaining/consumed DJI Care Refresh, I'm afraid you might experience system error or won't be able to use it since we have the records in our system.
2018-10-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-24 14:02
For your DJI Care Refresh. If the repair center replaced the unit, the remaining balance of your care plan should be transferred from the old unit to the replacement automatically. But, if it wasn't transferred after unit has been replaced, we recommend you to directly contact DJI Care team by sending your previous case number, old and new serial number to  for the confirmation.

If the app remind you to buy the care plan even though you have remaining/consumed DJI Care Refresh, I'm afraid you might experience system error or won't be able to use it since we have the records in our system.

First, how would it be possible to get a refresh repolacement except through the repair center?
How would I be able to tell if it was transferred or not?

For that matter, how can I confirm how many replacements i have.

What do you mean if i was prompted to purchase refresh with my replacement, I can't use my second refresh?  You're scaring me now.
I hope you were misinterpreting me about being prompted to purchase refresh and thinking I was saying i could repurchase refresh because it prompted me as such.  I'm sure that popped up simply because I had to activate a new device into my account, without it being able to tell it was a refresh replacement.  I really hope you aren't saying that because this happened, I lost my refresh.
2018-10-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

OK, I figured it out.   Under Support->DJI Care Refresh, it has a link to check care refresh remaining balance.  The interesting thing is I still have to put my agreement or S/N in even though i am logged in, just as I pretty much had to do to check on my case.   The site really needs to be fixed up.

Anyway, it has the old serial number listed.  GRRRR.
2018-10-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

Either they just corrected the matter after I sent a support request, or I mixed up the emails that had the original and new S/Ns.   The new one shows under refresh now.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanMan32 Posted at 2018-10-24 18:05
Either they just corrected the matter after I sent a support request, or I mixed up the emails that had the original and new S/Ns.   The new one shows under refresh now.

Hi DanMan32, sorry to know the final result, we will learn from this and keep improving our repair process and system.
Usually the DJI Care Refresh will be transferred to the replacement by our repair center when you get the drone back from the repair center, we can check the status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
Since the DJI Care Refresh is bound to the serial number and the service agreement instead of the DJI account, we will need to input the serial number or service agreement number to check the status, thanks for your understanding, please let us know if you have any further concern, thank you.
2018-10-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

I do understand.  It appears it was my mixup of S/Ns when I went to check.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanMan32 Posted at 2018-10-25 14:54
I do understand.  It appears it was my mixup of S/Ns when I went to check.

Alright, please keep us updated if you have any further concern, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules