Crystalsky lost frames
1838 10 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73835 ft
United States

I just received my CrystalSky ultra and likely will return it given the screen drops frames and at times freezes.  Is there some settings like turning off WiFi that helps.

Are others using the Mavic Pro 2 having this issue

2018-10-19
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
United States

Height errors with Mavic 2 Pro

I took off and went about 60 feet and stopped but the elevation kept going Higher.  It finally stopped around 130 feet and then the numbers slowly dropped to the correct number.    This along with the dropped frames resulted in my using my iPhone again.

Has anyone else had this probelem?.  Are others not having this issue?
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. You can try to reset your CrystalSky, turn it on- look for  for the Settings - Back up reset - Factory data reset. If it is convenient for you, please provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Aimbraguglio, may I have a short video of the height errors and dropped frames do you refer? Also, please kindly provide us with the CrystalSky OS, App version and aircraft version, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-10-20
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
United States

Looking at the log video, it does not show the height as being wrong.    I do notice it shows the normal message home port has been recorded at 164 feet then is start the ascending and notice the screen rapidly rising to 164 feet then starts to go down in feet but at this point I stop moving the controls to ascend.   Eventually it does lower the number to a more reasonable altitude.  I can’t provide a video because I was not recording a video.  Perhaps you are referring to the flight data log which records the height, distance... and shows the route on the map with the path of the aircraft.   I decided to land the craft and use my iPhone X which performed without any issues.   

The OS version is V02.06.06.00. Model CS785U

I am using DJI GO 4.0 version 4.3.0 (646-dpad s)

The WiFi was on at the time but I was not in a WiFi hotspot.   Would this cause video transmission dropped frames?  I do not have this problem with my iPhone or iPad.

Is there something else. Did to do to stop the dropped frames,   That part is somewhat the most disturbing given the screen is why I purchased the device.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro and it has all of the latest updates.

I have only so many days before I can return the device so trying to trouble shoot an issue for a new device likely will take longer then I have to return it.   I should not have problems with the device out of the box.

You can definitely see the jerkiness in an earlier flight video.   It’s very disturbing.  I do not get this on my iPhone.

2018-10-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Aimbraguglio, you can review the data in your TXT flight log by uploading it here. If you'd like other members to comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-10-20
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
United States

Drop frames and lag video test

I ordered two CrystalSky monitors with the attempt of keeping one them.   The goal was a brighter screen.   In the end I was giving up performance, having to carry a lot of extra weight, the purchase of mounting brackets and chargers.  The performance loss compared to an iPad Mini 4 was apparent right away.   I kept getting frame drops and a lag in transmission.  There is a video test on YouTube where a guy shows you with his fingers the lag.   I exhausted myself trying to figure out every possible setting that would give better performance and in the end their was no solution.   Having the screen freeze on you at a critical moment can be catastrophic.   It’s not even a huge distance needed to demonstrate the problems.  I place my drone in a car   on the dashboard and had my friend drive down a flat straight street,   In only a few blocks you can noticiibley see the frame drops and pixilation of the images.   This happened with both crystalsky ulta monitors.   I then tried my ne iPhone xs MAX and it was clear as the sky is blue.   No dropped frames, no pixilation and vibrant colors.  The diagonal on the new iPhnome Xs MAX is 6.5 which is above the smaller crystalsky.  

The brightness on th iPhone is now the best as any phone or tablet.   I still would prefer the brightness of the Ultra but unfortunately the Ultra can be bright but fails to deliver what you came to see.
2018-10-21
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
United States

I have two I purchased and they both have similar poor performance.   I purchased the iPhone X’s max which blows the crystalsky out of the water.  No droped frames and no lag.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aimbraguglio Posted at 2018-10-20 05:58
Looking at the log video, it does not show the height as being wrong.    I do notice it shows the normal message home port has been recorded at 164 feet then is start the ascending and notice the screen rapidly rising to 164 feet then starts to go down in feet but at this point I stop moving the controls to ascend.   Eventually it does lower the number to a more reasonable altitude.  I can’t provide a video because I was not recording a video.  Perhaps you are referring to the flight data log which records the height, distance... and shows the route on the map with the path of the aircraft.   I decided to land the craft and use my iPhone X which performed without any issues.   

The OS version is V02.06.06.00. Model CS785U

Thanks for getting back to us. Just to verify, does the issue appear frequently? Could you export the corresponding flight records and share with us? Currently, we're not sure whether it is the misinformation and want to look into the exact status.
Also, could you check and resend the video? I do not find any video or link in your comment, sorry. It will be better to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox, then share the link with us here, I'll forward to our engineers to review.

BTW, it seems that you started several posts with a similar timeframe, we'll merge them here for better follow-up, thanks for your understanding. If you need one's attention, please click the reply button under one's message for better follow-up, thanks so much!
2018-10-22
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
United States

Is it possible that the USB-C to USB A is causing the lost frames.   
2018-10-23
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
United States

There have been a number of  messages regarding fragmentation, dropped frames and freezing screens on the CrystalSky.   Perhaps those that have made the original posts can comment as to if the issue has been resolved by a firmware update or is there settings, cable recommendations that you find have solved the problem.   You would think there would be instructions on how to solve this known problem.

I want to confirm that the cable should go from under the CrystalSky monitor where the two screws are located for mounting the monitor to the controller on the Mavic Pro.

2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules