DJI Care Refresh Shipping Question
1653 5 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wREdTaedERHw
lvl.1
United States

I knew the DJI Care Refresh would eventually pay off.  I was filming at a local High School Football field for a friend, sitting almost in between and 2-3 feet above the goal posts composing a shot. A gust of wind blew up one of the telltales on the goal post and wrapped up in a prop, cascading it to the ground. It didn't hit that hard, but knocked off the gimble and jarred the battery out.

I have my DJI Care Repair Receipt and UPS Label already ready to go.  Do I send just the drone and gimble back in a normal shipping box, or do I pack everything included (drone, gimble, battery, props) up in the original styrofoam case for replacement? I know on repairs you just send in the affected part, but I'm assuming this would be an aircraft replacement since the gimble isn't attached.

Options and recommendations welcome.
2018-10-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

I sent everything in the original styrofoam case/box. It comes back this week, so I'm looking forward to the result... I included drone, battery, props and controller. Those are all on the return manifest in an email I got Friday.

Jeff
Obsidian.jpg
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, for Phantom 4 Advanced, the DJI Care Refresh includes the aircraft, gimbal, camera, and propellers. If these parts are damaged, you may send them in under DJI Care Refresh claim. If the RC and battery work well, there is no need to send them, hope this helps.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-10-21 16:51
I sent everything in the original styrofoam case/box. It comes back this week, so I'm looking forward to the result... I included drone, battery, props and controller. Those are all on the return manifest in an email I got Friday.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for heading up. I've read your previous comments and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1611261
We'll arrange the team to contact you via email, please kindly check when you receive it, thanks! Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-10-21
Use props
SLUF Driver
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-21 18:12
Hi there, for Phantom 4 Advanced, the DJI Care Refresh includes the aircraft, gimbal, camera, and propellers. If these parts are damaged, you may send them in under DJI Care Refresh claim. If the RC and battery work well, there is no need to send them, hope this helps.

Thanks Susan! On it's way to CA.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SLUF Driver Posted at 2018-10-23 02:57
Thanks Susan! On it's way to CA.

Alright, if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules