Anyone use Epson Moverio glasses?
1859 5 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phila100
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Have a P2V+ and considering getting some Moverio BT200 FPV Smartglasses? Does anyone have any experience with them so far?
2014-11-6
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

They work great for me.
2015-3-18
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

They are quite nice; I use them quite a bit.  I originally had the Cinemizer but found myself wanting to occasionally look around the googles rather then FPV and that operation is cumbersome with the Cinemizer.  The main reason for my switch was to be able to see 'through' the projection at the Phantom or surrounding areas.
2015-6-25
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

I had high hopes for these but now, a year later after purchasing them, and they still are buggy, still issues with the DJI app and Epson has done nothing to improve this product. Don't waste your money. Epson seems to have stopped all development on these glasses for use with DJI. It was a partnership announcement made by Epson to sell the glasses.
2015-11-3
Use props
nathan.blankens
New

United States

RickDennis Posted at 2015-11-3 13:28
I had high hopes for these but now, a year later after purchasing them, and they still are buggy, st ...

I bought a pair to use with my Phantom 3.  As specified, no native support for the DJI Go app, and so I am using the Miracast technique. (Run Miracast on the tablet attached to the DJI controller, and mirror the image to the Moverio BT-200).

This works with little lag and seems to depend largely on the speed of the Direct-WIFI connection between the tablet and the glasses.

I did find that some devices do not adhere to the Miracast standard very well, and these have issues...
The mirroring approach works with iOS devices as well but no Miracast support, so I used a droid to get the dedicated (Built in) connection. Hope this helps...
2016-1-1
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

nathan.blankens Posted at 2016-1-1 19:52
I bought a pair to use with my Phantom 3.  As specified, no native support for the DJI Go app, and ...

Nathan, I have mirrored also and had good and bad luck at different times. Just too unreliable. An HDMI direct box for the BT-200's would be great, but they are rare to find. The one that is sold commonly goes for around $1600.00 - More than I will spend. From the beginning, I loved the Moverio approach. It was the perfect FPV option, but neither Epson, nor DJI wanted to partner up and resolve the conflicts. I believe the Epson Moverio department has now all but folded. It's sad that a company like Epson would continue to mass produce disposable printers but wouldn't go out on a marketing limb for the Moverio product that would probably, by now, be VERY popular among the FPV users.
2016-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules