1234 18 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11837 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3SE.

1. Whenever I'm flying I noticed the disconnect comes up during flight but the controls and video were all working fine. I would land, re-connect the wi-fi and get the green Ready to Go. Lift off and after a short period of time it would show disconnect again. How or what do I do to remedy this?

2. Is it still okay meaning safe to fly if the disconnect comes on but the video and controls all seem to work properly?

Please assist...

2018-10-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Drone sight 1hello !! Try To Use another Channel in the wifi settings of the Dji Go APP .  I use the same Bird !

2018-10-22
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

close all apps to free more memory and cpu power and maybe 1 or several apps dont run with the dji go.i use litchi app all the time when flying as it dose not need so mutch memory to run
2018-10-22
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

close all apps to free more memory and cpu power and maybe 1 or several apps dont run with the dji go.i use litchi app all the time when flying as it dose not need so mutch memory to run
2018-10-22
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-10-22 01:35
Drone sight 1hello !! Try To Use another Channel in the wifi settings of the Dji Go APP .  I use the same Bird !

[view_image]

Thanks so much for the response. I was not certain about the channel index aspect. So just switching channels may help. I will try this the next time I fly which will be tomorrow. Is there any kind of idea how the channels work for connections?
2018-10-22
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-10-22 13:03

Thanks for your response Rene. I will check this out now.  I clear my cache and optimize often. Appreciate your assistance.
2018-10-22
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i use a huawei y5 to fly with and its only used for my drone nothing else and no sim card in it  
2018-10-22
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-10-22 20:51
i use a huawei y5 to fly with and its only used for my drone nothing else and no sim card in it

iT is a good idea , in this way you avoid unwished programs running below
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Also, are you receiving other error message? Please make sure that your firmware is updated to the latest version. Thanks.
2018-10-30
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
United States

Hi Natalia, I use a Samsung S6 Active phone and the DJI go app. Firmware updated, compass calibrated. No, I did not see any other messages. Everything was a go and during the flight is when the loss of connection would occur. Been a bit windy as of late, planning on flying hopefully soon and trying a different satellite channel as was recommended.
2018-10-30
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The Channel mode does nothing to do with any satellite,but with the birds control and image transmissions signal. Is 5.8 GHz too weak then try 2.4 GHz. And disable the local video cache in the Go app if you need more power.
2018-10-30
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 10-30 13:53
The Channel mode does nothing to do with any satellite,but with the birds control and image transmissions signal. Is 5.8 GHz too weak then try 2.4 GHz. And disable the local video cache in the Go app if you need more power.

Gotcha. I tried the 5.8GHz and the 2.4GHZ. I thought the 5.8 would be better but still had the disconnect again after 5 minutes or so. After I charge everything up again I'll try the 2.4 again and see if it works better.
2018-11-3
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
United States

This is so frustrating that I have to pause my flight while doing video, reconnect the link from my Samsung S6 to the controller. Still disconnects after clearing cache, memory and closing open apps.
2018-11-3
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
United States

Well the video actually does stop recording I noticed.
2018-11-3
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 10-22 01:35

[view_image]

Changing the channel did not seem to help.
2018-11-3
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
United States

Drone sight 1 Posted at 10-22 15:06
Thanks so much for the response. I was not certain about the channel index aspect. So just switching channels may help. I will try this the next time I fly which will be tomorrow. Is there any kind of idea how the channels work for connections?

So for a flight the other day there was no disconnect problem set at 2.4G and picked a channel. no issue. The next time I flew set to the same settings and while flying a video job it would disconnect. Is it my Samsung S6 Active? Would it be better to use another device like the Crystal sky from dji or is there a recommended iPad?
2018-11-21
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Mini 4 is one of them recommended.
2018-11-22
Use props
Drone sight 1
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 11-22 07:43
Mini 4 is one of them recommended.

Thanks, I was trying to save a little money and not have to buy one of the newer items.  I'm looking at all options out there.
2018-11-23
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

You need an iOS device with iOS version 9 or higher. Mini 4 is recommended but not required. An iPad (2015) could handle that stream and command the Phantom as well.
2018-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules