Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LITCHI - Orbit Help
2356 12 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David J.
Captain
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

I just got Litchi, and it has been working great. It is pretty awesome what you can do with it, but I have run into one small problem - when I save an orbit mission on my iPad, then try to find it on my iPhone, it does not show up. Yet, when I save a waypoints mission, it shows up on my other device. I am logged in on both devices and both are connected to internet.
Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Also, one feature that would be nice to have added to orbit would be to have a way to control the number of rotations per mission. As of now, if connection to the remote is lost, the drone will continue to circle until battery reaches critical level. That seems like a disaster waiting to happen, but that’s just my opinion. Maybe just integrate Orbit into waypoints as a added function...

Thanks for the help!
2018-10-21
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Probably because 'orbit' is a parametric function and as such would need to be converted into a set of discrete way points in order to qualify as a flight path. IMO.
2018-10-22
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

That's I think a bug on IOS, on android you can save/load an orbit. You have to report it to Litchi directly. support@flylitchi.com
2018-10-22
Use props
David J.
Captain
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-10-22 03:05
That's I think a bug on IOS, on android you can save/load an orbit. You have to report it to Litchi directly. support@flylitchi.com

Sweet, thanks. Sent them an email.
2018-10-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Jos A Posted at 2018-10-22 03:05
That's I think a bug on IOS, on android you can save/load an orbit. You have to report it to Litchi directly. support@flylitchi.com

I know, it is a old topic. But google leads to it ;-)

Can you save orbits and they get synced from one device to another?
I can't, on android.
My guess is, that just waypoint missions can be synced.
But still hope, to get a orbit from a tab to a phone, p.ex.!
2019-2-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I know, it is some month ago, but I found a solution to this, I think:

-"As of now, if connection to the remote is lost, the drone will continue to circle until battery reaches critical level."-

I did read that, too.

Changing from litchi to Go4 keeps the orbit still running.
And if I remember right, the Go4 announced a RTH at some time.
I may have time to test that, 2morrow, but I think the App switch will be a soluition for this "problem"
2019-2-26
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Netherlands

I will check it again, did you have the same versions on both devices and did you signed in?
2019-2-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-26 22:55
I will check it again, did you have the same versions on both devices and did you signed in?

Yes, I do have all litchi apps updated
And tried it, today "in the field"again:
Waypoints get synced, orbit stays localy on the device it is created/flown with.
The litchi hub is also not offering any orbit to create, isn't it?

For the other topic:

I flew today 2 orbits with litchi.
Both times the app anounced "aircraft request to go home" with countdown and the bird goes home, when message 's not cancelt.
Despite the help/faq answer, that it will land where it is

Disclaimer: On DJI Spark, litchi is doing it like it should be done.

Can someone check with a mavic, perhaps? ;-)
2019-2-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I will check it again, did you have the same versions on both devices and did you signed in?

Yes, I do have all litchi apps updated
And tried it, today "in the field"again:
Waypoints get synced, orbit stays localy on the device it is created/flown with.
The litchi hub is also not offering any orbit to create, isn't it?

For the other topic:

I flew today 2 orbits with litchi.
Both times the app anounced "aircraft request to go home" with countdown and the bird goes home, when message 's not cancelt.
Despite the help/faq answer, that it will land where it is

Disclaimer: On DJI Spark, litchi is doing it with RTH

Can someone check with a mavic, perhaps? ;-)
2019-2-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I even have tried to send the files, which seem to be in the pois-folder inside the litchi app, from one device to the other.
Neither via mail, nor via messenger possible.
(unknown file format)
But that might be just me ;-)
2019-2-27
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Netherlands

you are right about sync of the orbits to an other device, never notice that. THat's the reason the hub hasn't the option to save or create the orbit.
the second, never seen that coming on the app( "aircraft request to go home" ) on android for my mavic and for my spark.
2019-2-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-27 07:46
you are right about sync of the orbits to an other device, never notice that. THat's the reason the hub hasn't the option to save or create the orbit.
the second, never seen that coming on the app( "aircraft request to go home" ) on android for my mavic and for my spark.

I think I try that again, soom, with a screen recorder working.
So I understand right, on mavics it is NOT returning home, but land where it is?
Lucky Spark-Litchi user!
Does it orbit-land on critical battery (~10ish if resonable high) ), or already on the "RTH-critical" battery level (~20ish was it, in my case, when it initiated RTH)?
Another question:
How far away was your bird, from the homepoint, during your litchi-orbit and the battery-level landing?
2019-2-28
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Netherlands

When I do an orbit I always stay in line of sight because for the reason if signal is lost the mavic stay in orbit and land when batt. is low. It's the same thing like GO (same sdk)10 %.
This is only  when outside range. If you are in range normal RTH is initiate when battery is low, like go app.
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules