Cant update Mavic Air Remote on app or Assistant 2
7834 9 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DtrainMcMav
lvl.2

I can't update my Mavic Air Remote on the app or Assistant 2 using windows 10.
Running latest version of both and I can update the Mavic Air unit on both the app and Assistant 2 with no problem.

When I plug the remote into the PC it just acts like it is being plugged in and unplugged over and over. I will attach a video.
Also, the option to update the remote in the go 4 app is not available. Picture attached.

Please help!

IMG_1159.jpg
2018-10-21
Use props
Mattew
lvl.1
Italy

Same problem to connect to windows 10
2018-11-1
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

Mattew Posted at 11-1 13:56
Same problem to connect to windows 10

Yep. Same here. Device Manager tells me I'm missing a driver for an "Other device" called "CDC ACM Data".

When I connect my Mavic Air's remote control to my Windows 10 (64-bit) PC using a USB cable, with or without DJI Assistant 2 or the new flight simulator running, the USB connection appears and disappears endlessly until I remove the USB connection.

When I display the Properties of this elusive "CDC ACM Data" device (it keeps appearing and disappearing like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland), I see two alternating messages displayed:

The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)

Currently, the hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45).

These alternate endlessly until I yank the USB connection.

Larry
2018-11-2
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With only the controller on, In the DJI GO 4 app, go to the main screen(the one that shows a picture of your drone, in this case Mavic Air), touch and hold your finger in the top right of the screen for a few seconds(on top of the icon with the 3 lines), then let go. You should move into a firmware update menu, this should let you update/refresh the firmware, if it doesn't just screen shot it so we can see the message you get.
2018-11-2
Use props
DtrainMcMav
lvl.2
United States

Update: I used my Dad's Mac Book Pro to update my controller and the controller connected with assistant 2 with no issue and it showed the firmware as up to date!! It only gave me the option to refresh the controller firmware.
Why dji why????????? Why won't you just tell me in the app that it's up to date?
2018-11-2
Use props
Phospho
New
Flight distance : 43 ft
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-11-2 05:56
With only the controller on, In the DJI GO 4 app, go to the main screen(the one that shows a picture of your drone, in this case Mavic Air), touch and hold your finger in the top right of the screen for a few seconds(on top of the icon with the 3 lines), then let go. You should move into a firmware update menu, this should let you update/refresh the firmware, if it doesn't just screen shot it so we can see the message you get.

THANK YOU! This worked for me.
2019-8-26
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phospho Posted at 8-26 10:23
THANK YOU! This worked for me.

No Problem, Happy Flying!
2019-8-26
Use props
DavidGrif
New

United Kingdom

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-11-2 05:56
With only the controller on, In the DJI GO 4 app, go to the main screen(the one that shows a picture of your drone, in this case Mavic Air), touch and hold your finger in the top right of the screen for a few seconds(on top of the icon with the 3 lines), then let go. You should move into a firmware update menu, this should let you update/refresh the firmware, if it doesn't just screen shot it so we can see the message you get.

This did not work for me - when I used the Android DJI Go 4 and followed the instructions, all it displayed was:
Equipment N/A
Firmware Version N/A
Downgrade Firmware to:
Then below, an empty drop-down box (unresponsive)
Lastly: No available firmware for this device

When I power up the remote controller, the Status LED is solid red. When I hold the flight pause, function button and Customizable button, the LED begins to flash green and continuous beeps generated. After a short while, it returns to solid red.. the DJI Go 4 app says I need to update the remote controller firmware, but having used DJI Assistant 2 to successfully update the firmware on myMavic Air, all I see is a round image and hear the PC launch and drop the USB application. I have tried this on two PCs (WIn 10 pro) - no success...
2020-3-28
Use props
Christianmic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97779 ft

Germany

I have similar problem... So annoying
2020-3-28
Use props
DESMO DRONE
New
France

The upgrade of remote controler form DJGO APP  is OK,  the battery level is 100%, but this Blood... remote make a constant bip and led flashing red      Is there an efficient  solution to fix this problem?
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules