Mavic Air - the problem revolves around its own axis.
1350 13 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krrisstoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I noticed a problem with my drone. My Mavic turns around himself. The latest software was updated, I calibrated all sensors and still the same. this happens both at home and outside. Does anyone know the reason?
2018-10-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. Check your controller in the calibration screen(while the drone is off), see if the rudder stick is giving commands on its own.
2. Your in a pretty tight space there, try another flight in an open space see if it does the same, I assume your front and back sensors are on and trying to avoid an obstacle.
3. Check that you have the latest firmware on your drone and controller.
4. Any warnings appear in the app while this is happening ?
2018-10-22
Use props
Krrisstoff
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-10-22 07:51
1. Check your controller in the calibration screen(while the drone is off), see if the rudder stick is giving commands on its own.
2. Your in a pretty tight space there, try another flight in an open space see if it does the same, I assume your front and back sensors are on and trying to avoid an obstacle.
3. Check that you have the latest firmware on your drone and controller.

Thanks for the answer. As I said, I have the latest soft in the drone and controller. I have already refreshed the soft by dji assistant, made calibrations of cameras, sensors. I also calibrated the rods, IMU and compass.
During the flight, I have activated proximity sensors and bypassing.

This does not occur always but quite often. This is especially problematic when I take pictures and the drone turns itself.
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

Your not alone. In forum search for yaw problem
2018-10-22
Use props
Krrisstoff
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

I just checked the controller itself. It looks like it shows the stick movement to the right. I did re-calibration. Tomorrow I'll check if the problem stops.
2018-10-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Krrisstoff Posted at 2018-10-22 10:22
I just checked the controller itself. It looks like it shows the stick movement to the right. I did re-calibration. Tomorrow I'll check if the problem stops.

It's good that you passed calibration, chances are you might have resolved the issue, however if it keeps doing it then you can send it back to DJI for warranty(assuming its still in warranty).
2018-10-22
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Oh Wow!! That's the automatic 360 deg surveillance mode... You can use it to take auto panoramic shots   DJI's new feature in disguise
2018-10-23
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

I am suffering as well.  The last thing I did was re-calibrate everything including the IMU.  I flew one battery and all was OK.  One thing I did do was change the sensitivity of the Yaw settings, that might have disguised the problem.

All was well until the last firmware.
2018-10-23
Use props
Krrisstoff
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-10-22 23:04
It's good that you passed calibration, chances are you might have resolved the issue, however if it keeps doing it then you can send it back to DJI for warranty(assuming its still in warranty).

I will check how the weather will improve. It's raining for now ... Yes, I have a guarantee. Thanks for advice.
2018-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have had this too on my MP.
No solution  so far.
The good news is : it went away.
2018-10-23
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

i have same problem and sometimes drone drifting to the side without stick input...
2018-10-24
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LookAt_Wictim Posted at 2018-10-24 02:42
i have same problem and sometimes drone drifting to the side without stick input...

Same as above then.

Update firmware for drone and RC, Update DJI GO 4 App.
Check controller calibration in app(you might see the sticks in the app moving on there own).
Calibrate your compass.
Calibrate your IMU.
Make sure no errors are appear in your app while the drift is happening(Compass error, vision sensors etc)
Make sure your drone isn't obstructed, it may seem like your drifting in some situations but it might be because your vision sensors detect an obstacle.
Make sure you have a good GPS signal if your drone is higher than the vision sensor limit.
A lot of the above can be solved by flying in a wide open area.
2018-10-24
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-10-24 04:07
Same as above then.

Update firmware for drone and RC, Update DJI GO 4 App.

i had many dji drones i know what to do all done and still same problem from FW 0.400 till 0.500.
2018-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Although you don’t show it, you should be aware that textured floor covering is important for downward sensors to lock on, so while I’m not saying this is your problem you may need to eliminate this. Same can also be said when flying low over surface such as grass.
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules