Replaced Gimbal on Mavic AIR -- Not working! Calibration?
12989 35 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fffrank
New
United States

I crashed my Mavic Air a few months ago -- finally sourced a used replacement gimbal.  It was pretty straightforward to replace it and I'm confident I have it installed properly.  When I turn on the drone it moves up and down as if to calibrate but then goes hard up and tilts in one direction and makes a grinding/whirring sound.  It's like it can't find the "home" position.

I found this thread on MavicPilots.com that has someone with the exact same issue.  Another user posts up that only DJI has the software to fix this.  That seems crazy to me!  Anyone have any other info or something else I can try?

2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it may cause. If things will get uneasy for you, I would recommend sending the drone to our repair facility or you can consider our recommended repair service as we've voided the warranty of the drone. Please see the link below for our recommended service center.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-10-22
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think that some issues can only be fixed by DJI.

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-22
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Check the cable with an eyeglass for damage
2018-10-22
Use props
fanscc31c4b8
New

United States

Hey there! My gimble recently started freaking out. It makes this weird noise and won't stablize at all. Any ideas? I'm posting a video. Not sure how I'll get notifications, you're welcome to email me at brennantolmanmedia@gmail.com
2018-10-29
Use props
fanscfa3ac34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm looking for the same software. I'm sure it's available but there's no way dji will release it.

I had the same problem with my dji spark but manage to get the software from the parts supplier to re calibrate the gimble after installation. It's the kind of software that dji will only keep to themselves unfortunately

If anyone needs the software repair tool for the spark I can give it to you and get it out there to people who needs it.

I hope to score the software for the mavic air gimbal calibration so if you have it please share!
2019-2-18
Use props
djiuser_ITdpnUSCPSRH
New

Brazil

fanscfa3ac34 Posted at 2-18 21:37
I'm looking for the same software. I'm sure it's available but there's no way dji will release it.

I had the same problem with my dji spark but manage to get the software from the parts supplier to re calibrate the gimble after installation. It's the kind of software that dji will only keep to themselves unfortunately

If you find the software, I want it!
2019-2-27
Use props
VFARYAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem with my dji spark but manage to get the software from the parts supplier to re calibrate the gimble after installation. It's the kind of software that dji will only keep to themselves unfortunately

Hi, can you send me a copy of the software please
2019-3-23
Use props
Fly Bug
New

Russia

VFARYAN Posted at 3-23 06:47
Hi, can you send me a copy of the software please

Hi, can you send it software for me? (baculin2002@mail.ru)
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_VaIOck7Fw8q9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283304 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Could you please send me the software for spark too? If you have one for Mavic Air, send it too, please (that’s the one I need actually)

lezux (at) inbox.lv
2019-5-3
Use props
kema
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Hi. Pleas send me then software if your find. I have magic air. After crash gumball not working.  I installed new gimbal arm. But yaw motor looking to left side.  Pleas send. Kema.physics@gmail.com
2019-5-3
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

can you share the calibration software for the SPARK via obliex@email.com
thank you very much
2019-5-21
Use props
Luis K
lvl.1
Mexico

I fine this situation not comfortable! I’ve been a DJI user since the very begining... I use to repair my drones and my friends drones! And now, I am stuck with this problem!!! I have just replaced severas parts from the mavic air gimbal and it keep looking upwards... I’ve tried almost averything, including upgradibg by dji assistant 2... I guess my next drones won’t be DJI anymore!!!
2019-6-18
Use props
Luis K
lvl.1
Mexico

I find  this situation not comfortable! I’ve been a DJI user since the very begining... I use to repair my drones and my friends drones! And now, I am stuck with this problem!!! I have just replaced severas parts from the mavic air gimbal and it keep looking upwards... I’ve tried almost averything, including upgradibg by dji assistant 2... I guess my next drones won’t be DJI anymore!!!
2019-6-18
Use props
Luis K
lvl.1
Mexico

If you find the solution please let me know how to fix it.... thkS (Luisk@iteso.mx)
2019-6-20
Use props
fans1993190d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 235548 ft
France

Someone has solution or can send me softwar ? johnsmotors@gmail?
2019-7-17
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1993190d Posted at 7-17 00:22
Someone has solution or can send me softwar ? johnsmotors@gmail?

I have the software, but i can't share it with you.

Have you calibrated, your I.M.U, Compass and gimbal ? If you crashed, then you most likely damaged the gimbal, so you need a new one, if it just started happening and you did not crash the drone then you can check if it's in warranty and get DJI to resolve it.
2019-7-17
Use props
Bill-NM
lvl.2
United States

Bump for anyone with the Mavic v1 gimbal calibration software.

Thanks.
2019-7-17
Use props
fans1993190d
lvl.2
France

Ben Mason Posted at 7-17 01:30
I have the software, but i can't share it with you.

Have you calibrated, your I.M.U, Compass and gimbal ? If you crashed, then you most likely damaged the gimbal, so you need a new one, if it just started happening and you did not crash the drone then you can check if it's in warranty and get DJI to resolve it.

hello, i remplace gimball, and calibrat ima and compass.
Impossible to calibre gimball with djigo.

the last chance for me it's the dji soft..
2019-7-18
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1993190d Posted at 7-18 00:23
hello, i remplace gimball, and calibrat ima and compass.
Impossible to calibre gimball with djigo.

I would recommend sending the drone to DJI, although they may charge you for simply calibrating the gimbal, you lose nothing by asking though.

Not that i would recommend this but you can calibrate the Mavic Air gimbal using the spark software, then calibrate the gimbal in the DJI GO 4 app. I've seen this work but if i was you i would send it to DJI.

Also for future reference it is possible to take apart the gimbal and keep the camera+camera sensor, so you only replace the gimbal, you would still need to calibrate it, but you can avoid Camera sensor data errors that also require the software to resolve.
2019-7-18
Use props
johnsmotors
lvl.2
France

Ben Mason Posted at 7-18 01:01
I would recommend sending the drone to DJI, although they may charge you for simply calibrating the gimbal, you lose nothing by asking though.

Not that i would recommend this but you can calibrate the Mavic Air gimbal using the spark software, then calibrate the gimbal in the DJI GO 4 app. I've seen this work but if i was you i would send it to DJI.

first, thanks for your time.
I don't want send it to dji. too problem for shippement.

I just replace gimbal, and  i keep the original camera + sensor to avoid error 3.

do you know where i can find spark tools?
2019-7-18
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johnsmotors Posted at 7-18 04:05
first, thanks for your time.
I don't want send it to dji. too problem for shippement.

I can't give you the software and i wouldn't give out any links out even if i knew where to find it publicly on the internet. You should also be very careful following strange links, one wrong click and you would expose your PC to harmful viruses/malware.

I realise you wouldn't like to send this to DJI but this really is your best option to avoid any issues.
2019-7-19
Use props
alinghi
New

Austria

Please also send me the spark calibration software! i need it desperately! has somebody found it for the mavic air already? if yes, please send it to me, otherwise i will trythe spark software. many thanx! i will keep you updated if it works! volker.tantalium@gmail.com
2019-7-31
Use props
djiuser_9Z0bUzhKr8v6
New

Israel

Hi, can you please send me the software?  Thank you.  yairbenartzi18@gmail.com
2019-8-12
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>

We have the ability to calibrate the gimbals on the Mavic Air as well as the Spark, so it isn't just a DJI or dealer thing.  It isn't as easy as "giving out" the software.  It requires a back door way into the drone programming using special software tools.  But I can attest to and confirm that both the Mavic Air and Spark can be easily calibrated once the computer, and user, is properly set up and trained.

This gimbal calibration using the computer is different from what is in the DJI Go4 app, and more similar to what is done at the factory when these are built.  The Go4 gimbal calibration is just for minor variations, and will not calibrate a new, or used part that has been installed.

-Preston
2019-9-6
Use props
rokirok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7789 ft

Germany

Hey, could you share the Spark Software with me also?
Thanks!
2019-11-21
Use props
Alexeybatkovich
lvl.1

Russia

Fanscfa3ac34 опубликовано 2-18 21: 37
Я ищу то же самое программное обеспечение. Я уверен, что это доступно, но нет никакого способа dji выпустит его.

У меня была та же проблема с моей DJI spark, но мне удалось получить программное обеспечение от поставщика запчастей для повторной калибровки gimble после установки. Это своего рода программное обеспечение, которое dji будет держать только для себя, к сожалению

Could you share Spark software for me too lexa100111@yandex.ru

2019-12-6
Use props
photocd
lvl.1

Russia

fanscfa3ac34 Posted at 2019-2-18 21:37

I had the same problem with my dji spark but manage to get the software from the parts supplier to re calibrate the gimble after installation. It's the kind of software that dji will only keep to themselves unfortunately

Hello! Please, can you send me software or link for calibrate gimbal of Mavic Air? Thank you. T79175998256@yandex.ru
2020-2-16
Use props
alejojhe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 320561 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

I find it a bit annoying on the part of DJI, all this process so cumbersome if only they and their suppliers have coupling software because they market and sell the camera?
I am a DJI user and have always done maintenance and repairs to my equipment. In my opinion they should provide the mavic air gimbal attachment software to all their users.
2020-2-26
Use props
samsslv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261654 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi here is solution
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_0Gry9gLj3YZx
New

Denmark

Software inquire, laugild_jbn@hotmail. Com
2020-5-25
Use props
kartaluav
lvl.1
Iran

Hello! Please, can you send me software or link for calibrate gimbal of Mavic Air? Thanx
kartaluav@gmail.com
2020-6-21
Use props
mauriciocruzdrones.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. Efectivamente existe un software para calibrar el gimbal. Cuando se coloca el gimbal muchas veces queda la cámara mirando para otro lado. Con el software se calibra y queda bien. Por otro lado a veces da un error code 3.  Existe un software pero sólo lo tienen los técnicos de dji. Igualmente el error code 3 se puede solucionar usando el sensor de la cámara original en el gimbal nuevo. Es un poco complicado pero se puede.
Saludos.
Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
2020-6-30
Use props
alejojhe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 320561 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

hola como te va ? podrias regalarme el sofware yo lo requiero para mi spark
mi correo es alejandro.hernandez.barca@gmail.com
2021-5-16
Use props
Mayc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57533 ft
Dominican Republic

Try calibrating with Python. You can find tutorials on YouTube
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_899CLsz2ytyy
New

Morocco

Hello bro
Please i need this software, i have many of them needed to calibrate
Vampiroso@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
2023-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules