Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No camera power
833 6 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb7d98ffe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208058 ft
United States

Went out to shoot a job this morning wth my Inspire 1.2/X5R, camera did not come to life when the aircraft was powered up, and the RAW option did not show on my login screen.  I powered down, un-mounted/re-mounted camera (all the contacts looked just fine) powered back up and still no life in camera. I swapped batteries and lenses, still no go. Went ahead and logged in as Inspire 1, status showes latest firmware. Popped the camera on my Osmo, it powered up and ran just fine. Back on the aircraft, no go. I came home and cleaned the contacts abd checked them wth a magnifier, everything looked good but the camera dows not turn on when the aircraft is powered up. No gimbal movement, no cooling fans, no signal. Flew a mission last week, all was well abd nothing remarkable has happened since. I am guessing I will have to send this for service, but before I do, andyone have any ideas? Thanks

Ap version 3.1.43     Firmware version 1.11.1.50     Remote verson 1.7.80

2018-10-22
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>

take of the front of the vibration board and check the two plugs are fully clicked in place if those are good then try to remove the nose cone and check the connections of those same two plugs. its possible they came loose or are just bad. the pair is like $10usd on Ebay or Amazon
2018-10-22
Use props
fansb7d98ffe
lvl.1
United States

Thanks -- I checked that and it turned out to be snug. I got on chat with customer service, they had me make a video of the situation for them. In a macro shot I included, one of the eagle-eyed techs spotted a tiny little sliver of something stuck to the base of one of the pins. I had noticed it but thought it belonged, he told me it didn't. I scraped it off with a jeweler's screwdriver and.....  it's alive!
    I appreciate your suggestion and prompt response, hope all is well there.
2018-10-22
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>

nice glad to hear you got it and was an easy fix. i would still probably buy a spare set of those cables. it never hurts to have em just in case. plus they do rub a bit and such with how they are crammed and folded under the vibration board
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. However, glad that the issue has been sorted out in regards to your concerns. Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot where was the silver thing was stuck? Thank you for the support.
2018-10-23
Use props
fansb7d98ffe
lvl.1
United States

There on the right, upper row. Since it was so small, and matched the color of the base, I thought it belonged there.....

2018-10-24
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb7d98ffe Posted at 2018-10-24 18:27
There on the right, upper row. Since it was so small, and matched the color of the base, I thought it belonged there.....

[view_image]

Hi
Actually when I looks at your photo, I see the right plastic alignment pin is smashed in half. This could allow the camera mount to sit at an angle (?). Plus I do not see the gasket that should be there too? Edit: gasket is on the camera side of the mount

I think you should replace the camera mount to make sure this is 100% correct.

Rich

Edit: add screenshots showing the mount with good plastic alignment pins below

IMG_1689.jpg IMG_8244.JPG
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules