forgetting to press record....
2166 14 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
United Kingdom

spent ages stting up the perfect shot today. Light was perfect and everyone was in position. Instead of using active track and circling that way I decided to use the really rather amazing orbit function. The drone set off and i was very pleased with myself. A perfect orbit was performed.

then i realised I hadnt actually pressed record

Gah

Q

2018-10-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Welcome to droning, been there, done it, starred in that movie, got that Tshirt.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your story here. Sorry to know if you were not able to record your work, hopefully, you'll get a chance to re-do your plan and posted it here if you wish to share your work. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-22
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done it more than I care to admit...twice on our recent trip to Greece.  Had absolutely beautiful views of the boat we were on going through absolute perfection of rocks on both sides and shallow clear blue water in Lindos, Rhodes.  My wife said she couldn't wait to see the video, I looked down and replied, "we're coming back in 7 to 10 years...right?"  Luckily, I did not forget every time.
2018-10-22
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I have done that several times as well. Would be nice if there was a setting to enable/disable to automatically start recording when GO is pressed in Intelligent Flight Mode.  
2018-10-22
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

The good thing is now it will happen happen less to you and hopefully never again.
2018-10-22
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I think it will always happen.  Last year I set the wife up to pilot the drone enough to move it to a 40' high position and video my RC model airplane flying around it.  She turned off the video to save it until she was ready and never hit record again.  Did a lot of close passes and Split-S maneuvers around the drone for nothing.  Afterwards, I just told her it happens to everyone.   Last week I did a lot of manually flown drop shots of a new horse and never hit record.  Meh.
A Spark Drop 4.gif
2018-10-22
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Funny you should mention the record issue....  I've also forgotten to press record a couple of times when I wanted to be recording on my Mavic 2 Zoom.  I've missed some good shots.   Very annoying..

This never happened during the two years that I flew my Phantom 4.  Of course, it's strictly operator error.. Can't blame DJI for this..  I think it's because the drone is new and I'm still concentrating on figuring out all the capabilities of the M2.   Fortunately I have gotten better.   I actually look at the record button now to make sure.
2018-10-23
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Happens to the best of us!
2018-10-23
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, been there, done that way too many times.... including this morning!  
2018-10-23
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

We've all been there, too many times.
2018-10-23
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft

It just eventually becomes a part of your routine. Down and out, start the motors, hit record, up on throttle to take off.  You could also try using Litchi which has a setting to start recording at take off
2018-10-24
Use props
zappy54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482260 ft
United Kingdom

Be nice for go 4 update to give you the option for record at take off
2018-10-24
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Maybe if the screen recording button could be made to flash slowly when actually recording like my ancient video camera used to do.
Also the little lady could give a message such as  "Start Recording" "Stop Recording" "Memory Card Full" etc

Just an idea, although I did learn early on from making this mistake of not hitting the button so now with a bit of practise it is no longer a problem
2018-10-24
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Have done this so many times now. The worst one for me was when I did an entire flight (25mins) thinking I was recording, only to land and find out I forgot to start. I spent ages that flight doing some great circling shots, flying backwards away from the bridge etc etc etc.... Once I discovered that I had forgotten to start recording I decided to try a second flight. For some reason even though I remembered to record the second flight I just didn't have the heart to try all the shots I had done the previous flight.
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules