Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 “how to connect” issue.
871 9 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAMUELR1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2980512 ft
United States

Why can’t I all of a sudden not connect my controller to my iPad mini two? I’m seeing past experiences with having to change Version some but I can’t do anything and it keeps showing how to connect. This controller once was operating this aircraft and works fine but now it is not. It is not the USB cables because I tried others and it still shows as not connecting.  And my ex five keeps giving a red light and hummm after 30 seconds when trying to update the latest version. What gives? Why isn’t there any bug fix for the inspire ones?
2018-10-22
Use props
tomvon0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201673 ft
United States

I’m having kind of the same issue and haven’t gotten any suggestions on a fix yet.

Sorry to hear it here’s are in the same boat.
2018-10-24
Use props
HVACAVIATOR
lvl.1
United States

tomvon0 Posted at 10-24 05:22
I’m having kind of the same issue and haven’t gotten any suggestions on a fix yet.

Sorry to hear it here’s are in the same boat.

yes, it's BS. My other X-5 initiates, but shows no image. although it takes the pic and shows on sd card.
It won't take an update either. Bogus.
2018-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My theory is that the more DJI updates the GO apps the more powerful the processor in the device is needed to keep up with the updates. As an example, my iPhone 7 plus (A10 chip) works perfectly with the GO app but my iPad Mini 4 (A8 chip) requires me to turn off the video cache to remove any glitches from the transmission feed. The last updates were to ensure IOS 12 and the iPhone X series work flawlessly - that is where we are now.
2018-11-8
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

A CW likely hit the nail squarely on the head. My older iPad mini will still work, but is plagued with glitches and isn’t worth the chance crashes or just my time. Mini 4 is mostly free of problems. As is Iphone 7+

Borrow something with a later processor and see if that corrects issues.
Good luck !
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Caspers driver Posted at 11-8 18:57
A CW likely hit the nail squarely on the head. My older iPad mini will still work, but is plagued with glitches and isn’t worth the chance crashes or just my time. Mini 4 is mostly free of problems. As is Iphone 7+

Borrow something with a later processor and see if that corrects issues.

It does <unfortunately> seem to be the case!
2018-11-9
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 11-9 08:52
It does  seem to be the case!

Yeah. A case of dog chasing it’s tail. My older iPad mini worked ok until I upgraded it’s firmware. Now it’s an over worked pig.
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Caspers driver Posted at 11-9 12:30
Yeah. A case of dog chasing it’s tail. My older iPad mini worked ok until I upgraded it’s firmware. Now it’s an over worked pig.

That's one way of describing it
2018-11-9
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

Hello,

Although I am not 100% certain due to the fact I don't own an iPad mini 2, I do believe this is to do with your Processor in the iPad. With each and every update done for the DJI go app and the iPad itself, it puts more strain on the CPU. iPad mini 2 is getting pretty old now and the iPad is designed to throttle applications to avoid overheating and intense battery drain. As much as I hate to say this. I do believe you need to get a newer device. If you don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on an apple device then I recommend you pick up the latest baseline iPad (i know I just said its ridiculous but hear me out) the baseline iPad goes for $329 USD and you get a larger screen and a CPU with more power than any iPad mini. Including the iPad mini 4 which for some reason costs more than the iPad.
2018-11-10
Use props
HVACAVIATOR
lvl.1
United States

well, my x5 will not show image on my osmo either using iphone 6. it also will not take the latest update. i highly doubt its the i pad mini2 or iphone 6. most definitely a problem with firmware. looks like dji isnt caring either. bastards must want me to have to buy an inspire 2 because they dont care about the 2 x5's i spent almost 5 grand total. total bs.
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules