Phantom 4 Pro Plus Next Firmware Upgrade?
541 8 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avellas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>

If there’s a member of DJI reading this, please respond.

About a month ago I (and a few other fellow P4P+ owners) reported a few issues with the latest P4P+ Firmware where the Follow Me intelligent flight mode does not work and the Map Download on the Built-in Screen no longer works.  

In fact I sent my P4P+ back to DJI to fix the Follow Me mode, only to find out from DJI Support days later after I had already mailed the aircraft that this is a known issue and that it has been reported to their developers to have it fixed on the next firmware update.   As you can appreciate it, I was not very happy about the entire situation.  Here DJI had me send my P4P+ back only to find out a few days later that there’s was nothing wrong with it and that it is a firmware issue.

I screamed and shouted that a I had a DJI Engineer Supervisor call me at home.   When he called me he reassured me that these issues would be solved on the next firmware, which was to happen sometime this month.  

Can someone from DJI please respond to this to reassure that this is still the case and provide us with an estimate as to when we can expect this firmware to be out?

Thank you in advance.
Sam.
2018-10-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You obviously don't know anything about DJI. No one will give you any such assurance. It will happen when it happens, and they know no more than you do. Screaming and shouting does no good at all, you will learn this eventually.
2018-10-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

If an engineer supervisor didn't say when, what make you think anyone else can?
2018-10-22
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Well I did get DJI to call me directly, which is far more than what most people get.  

I like to think the best from people and hope that from the fact DJI called me that they are being sincere.  I’m still hoping that someone from DJI will respond to this thread!
2018-10-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Avellas Posted at 2018-10-22 15:48
Well I did get DJI to call me directly, which is far more than what most people get.  

I like to think the best from people and hope that from the fact DJI called me that they are being sincere.  I’m still hoping that someone from DJI will respond to this thread!

The people who man this forum will simply say they will pass your concern on to somebody. And that will be the last you ever hear of it.
2018-10-22
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
  • >>>

If this is true, than what’s the use of DJI hosting this forum!   Is it just to appease themselves?
2018-10-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Avellas Posted at 2018-10-22 16:20
If this is true, than what’s the use of DJI hosting this forum!   Is it just to appease themselves?

No, it is a self-help forum, meaning the members with knowledge and experience can provide help to those who have problems.
2018-10-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Avellas Posted at 2018-10-22 16:20

Meanwhile, forget Follow-Me and if you really need to do something like that, try Active Track.
It's much better anyway.
2018-10-22
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
  • >>>

I hear what your saying, but the follow-me is useful in situations where the active is not ideal.  They both have a use and a purpose.  
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules