489 7 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hello Friends,

Planning to sell my almost new mavic air and buy mavic pro [NOT the new Mavic 2, old one].
Because of the network issues, connection issues, fly-away concerns, drifting issues and many more issues like this, injected by the recent firmware updates like .400 and .500; i have now decided to sell this beautiful but problematic bird and move on to mavic pro. I guess atleast, i wont be that much concerned while flying mavic pro because of its occusync stronger network range. I understand that i will lose many of the MA features like 100mb bitrate, obstacle avoidance, APAS etc....but i dont care because if you cant even fly the bird properly then what is the use of having all these features. Atleast with mavic pro i wont have the fear of network disconnections and fly-aways and stability issues [i know even mavic pro has got issues but not at the rate of what MA has got].

Am i taking the right decission? Please suggest friends.

Thank you.
2018-10-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In retrospect having owned both I'd go for the Mavic Pro.
2018-10-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Both have merits and demerits, but in general the Mavic Pro is the better drone. One weird bonus i can mention is that the Mavic Air is more durable, i have seen many crashed drones and seeing how little damage the Mavic Air receives on average compared to a Mavic Pro is pretty surprising, that's not to say you can't total a Mavic Air, but it's still interesting. That being said smaller size, rear obstacle sensors, APAS, 100mb bitrate, i would still choose the Mavic Pro.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi TechVoyager, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For more information about the products you mentioned. Kindly click the link below. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

CONSUMER DRONES COMPARISON
2018-10-23
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Looks like you have valid reasons to make the switch.  I can say  (like the other posters) the Mavic Pro is very reliable and would be something I would do.  I switched from the P3S due to the lack of range and wanted a reliable bird.  Hope this helps solidify your decision
2018-10-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I agree with the rest go for the PRO
2018-10-23
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

I bought the air when it was released and I loved it untill the 400 firmware came out and I started experiencing the occasional yaw issue. I still like it but I just found a new open box mavic pro for $400.00 usd and couldn't pass it up. I have flown it twice and now wish I would have just bought the pro in the beginning. With that said I agree. Go with the pro.
2018-10-23
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I own a spark and since a couple of days ago a mavic Pro.
The mavic Pro is a much better drone overall.
Also when I was thinking of getting either the mavic air or the mavic Pro, I choose the pro because of 2 main reasons,
1. Ocusync and not crappy WiFi connection
2. No camera tilting when going in sports mode! ( sparks and airs cameras tilt a lot when going side to side in sports mode)
Also the pro can handle much stronger winds than spark and air!
So yes ofcourse go for the Mavic Pro.
I’m lovin’ it!!!

Fly safely and enjoy all
Alex
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules