France: Registration for drones > 800 grams is now active
7742 11 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Today, 23 October 2018, the French government opened its web site (PC) and application (iPhone or Android) Fox Alpha Tango .
Hobby pilots flying a drone heavier than 800 grams in France are now required to register their drones and must follow a simple online training (all 6 modules must be viewed) to familiarize them with the legislation. This is a free service. A 20 question quiz (multiple choices) is used to certify the pilot’s understanding of the training. The pilot must be in possession of both the registration certificate and the training certificate while flying. A UAS aircraft number is given for each registered drone (this should be marked on the drone, but no specifics given). Fox Alpha Tango is available both in French and English.
I believe concerned pilots have a two month period from this date to comply. Personally I went through all the procedure this afternoon rather quickly using the PC version.
Hoping that all this is of some help!

2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative threads. This would be very helpful to others who are flying the drone heavier than 800 grams. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Is there a fee, like in the U.S. ?
2018-10-23
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-23 13:14
Is there a fee, like in the U.S. ?

No, the service is free. You need only to create a login account with your personal information (address etc.). They say that this information will be removed six months after the login closure.
2018-10-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

I can confirm that the procedure is straightforward and comprehensive. I passed the test and got my certificate yesterday. For those who might be hesitant to try, if French is not a language habitually spoken, the whole resource is available in English.
2018-11-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like the same process will be adapted in the UK in 12 months time.
2018-11-16
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Rather depends if we can stop talk8ng about &*@@‘%% Brexit. Nothing else matters at the moment.
2018-11-16
Use props
djiuser_jOqK8pMXf5Kt
New
Flight distance : 942 ft

Philippines

Hi! I just passed my test on Fox alpha tango, I have the certification already, but I cannot find where To register the drone. Do you know where is it in their page ? Or if you have the link. Thank you in advance
2020-8-4
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

djiuser_jOqK8pMXf5Kt Posted at 8-4 21:52
Hi! I just passed my test on Fox alpha tango, I have the certification already, but I cannot find where To register the drone. Do you know where is it in their page ? Or if you have the link. Thank you in advance

Yes, their site isn't too obvious : FOX Alpha Tango is the formation & exam page and Alpha Tango is the registration page. Here is the link: https://alphatango.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/login.jsp
You'll need to create an account there.

Good Flying!
2020-8-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks for this info Johnsr
2020-8-5
Use props
Bird#39s Eye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27379 ft

France

Hello everyone; I need you support. I am living in France and I want to register my Mavic2 Pro in to Alpha Tango.
I need info about form in the picture please. I have any info.
Thanks in advance.
2022-6-23
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

Bird#39s Eye Posted at 6-23 01:32
Hello everyone; I need you support. I am living in France and I want to register my Mavic2 Pro in to Alpha Tango.
I need info about form in the picture please. I have any info.
Thanks in advance.[view_image]

Hello. If your question concerns the Mavic2Pro and this form; it is equipped with an electronic reporting device. So you should check YES on that. If the problem concerns the English version, there is a French speaking version of the form.
Hope that helps,
Good Flying!
2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules