5406 12 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Spain

Hi everyone!

Since last remote firmware update, I have a sporadic problem with remote control connection to phone. I am flying (Always with OTG connection) and a connection error message appears with the remote control. I can continue controlling the drone with the remote control but the app remains disconnected. Until I turn off and turn on the remote control it is not possible to reconnect it to the mobile.

This had never happened to me before the last firmware update of the remote control.

In the flight records I don't see anything, but at the top of the app I see a remote control error and the app is disconnected:

Flight with remote controller error:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/J7X1G05NEJRRFQQE0FE5/

Flight without incident:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/E6ISAZRD9HCH9PB4UEZW/

What can I do? Soon I will go on vacation and it is dangerous to fly like this.

Thanks!
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Have you tried to check if the OTG cable was properly connected? Also, can you please try to refresh the firmware of your drone and re-link your device? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-23 11:14
Hi, we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Have you tried to check if the OTG cable was properly connected? Also, can you please try to refresh the firmware of your drone and re-link your device? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.

I am using a Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 9. I will try refresh firmware.

Could this problem be stored in the drone's blackbox? How can I upload the information so you can analyze it?
2018-10-23
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lex_Luchor Posted at 2018-10-23 23:31

Could this problem be stored in the drone's blackbox? How can I upload the information so you can analyze it?

The flight you have given "with incident" doesn't seem to have any disconnection issues listed in the flight record, at least not that i could see, if you are having issues it might be a compatibility issue, makes sure your phone and the DJI GO 4 APP is up to date, the google pixel 2 XL should be compatible.
Have you tried the RC in WiFi mode ?
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your response. If the issue persists after you refresh the firmware of your drone, please try to use a different device. Also, if you wish to check your flight data, you'll need to sync your flight data first and you will need to send it in for data analysis. We have a professional analysis team who will help to figure out the reason. Thanks.
2018-10-24
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-10-24 03:32
The flight you have given "with incident" doesn't seem to have any disconnection issues listed in the flight record, at least not that i could see, if you are having issues it might be a compatibility issue, makes sure your phone and the DJI GO 4 APP is up to date, the google pixel 2 XL should be compatible.
Have you tried the RC in WiFi mode ?

Hi Ben,

If a mobile device is disconnect from the RC no data is written in the flightlog.
So my guess is that in this "with incident" flight after 2m0s the device went 'black'.

cheers
JJB
2018-10-24
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-10-24 11:01
Hi Ben,

If a mobile device is disconnect from the RC no data is written in the flightlog.

You are correct, too used to reading DAT files where the flight doesn't end unless power is removed.
2018-10-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing.
2018-10-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'd try an older app version, 4.2.21 is very stabil in my devices!
2018-10-25
Use props
B_Martin_0514
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6102 ft
United States

I got a DJI Spark with remote for Christmas. I went out yesterday to fly (3rd flight ever), and I received the same error during flight 4-5 times. This was very disconcerting for a new pilot to lose video feed and app connection with the drone off in the distance. Luckily I was able to find my way back home manually, as Return to home function did not work. I am also using a Pixel 2 XL, Android 9, latest DJI firmware. Has there been a solid resolution to this issue? Thanks!
2019-1-6
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

B_Martin_0514 Posted at 1-6 14:17
I got a DJI Spark with remote for Christmas. I went out yesterday to fly (3rd flight ever), and I received the same error during flight 4-5 times. This was very disconcerting for a new pilot to lose video feed and app connection with the drone off in the distance. Luckily I was able to find my way back home manually, as Return to home function did not work. I am also using a Pixel 2 XL, Android 9, latest DJI firmware. Has there been a solid resolution to this issue? Thanks!

Return home did not work??? why? it should have worked unless your Spark went into ATTI mode. Even if it disconnect from the remote it will return home, unless in ATTI. If it was in ATTI, you were lucky to get it back.
2019-1-6
Use props
B_Martin_0514
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6102 ft
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-6 14:48
Return home did not work??? why? it should have worked unless your Spark went into ATTI mode. Even if it disconnect from the remote it will return home, unless in ATTI. If it was in ATTI, you were lucky to get it back.

Nothing on the controller worked but the flight sticks! Trust me, Return to Home was the first button I hit when the error came up and I lost video feed. I was sweating bullets.
2019-1-10
Use props
Yasminekh
New
United States

Hi. Did you resolve your issue? I'm also using a Google Pixel 2xl and have never had problems until recently when the drone wouldn't take off and showed a remote controller error.
2020-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules