Video is compressing ..... (newb question)
2405 7 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Varathius
New
Flight distance : 56043 ft
Portugal

Hi all
First and foremost I am sorry if this has been posted before. I tried looking via google and I am just bad at forum research/lurking, needless to say, I did not find an answer so I came here to ask.
I am completely new to not only drone flying, but also video editing etc, thus, I am uploading my first 900 MB video.

I used my smartphone for that, but it says on skypixel "Video is compressing", and the dial is spinning, I assume loading/uploading? The thing is, it has been like that now for onver 30 minutes, but on my smartphone and online at skypixel website.

Did maybe something go wrong? Is it normal to take this long? Any tips?
Thanks in advance
Vara

2018-10-23
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depends on what resolution you took your footage in and the format? Also if transferring from your phone via WIFI it might take a while, generally videos need to be compressed prior to uploading to the varying sites like youtube (mainly becuase they have to store them but also for the load speed for the end user, Ive not tried to directly from a phone but maybe if you provide the phone brand and some more info on the video such as format and resolution someone with more brains than me will be able to help but it is still nearly a gig sized file so your internet speed will also play a part too.
2018-10-23
Use props
Varathius
New
Portugal

Thx for replying.
Well, I upload at 30mbps so 1 GB should upload in 5 mins tops.
The thing is, it has now been compressing (and still is) since 1 hour.
I am using my iphone8 and I recorded at 4k. That is all I know.
2018-10-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Skypixel video gets pre-processed on the phone to make for a smaller upload. Depending on your phone, it might take quite a while to compress before it even tries to upload the file to Skypixel.
2018-10-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Varathius Posted at 2018-10-23 12:04
Thx for replying.
Well, I upload at 30mbps so 1 GB should upload in 5 mins tops.
The thing is, it has now been compressing (and still is) since 1 hour.

Unless things have changed, Skypixel is really for mobile users and expects to work with downlink video rather than full-res source -- if you really want 4K video you're better off moving the task from your phone to a video processing app running on a desktop/laptop computer.
2018-10-23
Use props
Varathius
New
Portugal

Thanks a lot for the replies. It suddenly worked after approx 70 mins of processing .
2018-10-23
Use props
Rajeshraj1990
lvl.1

Thanks for this information. It useful
2019-10-8
Use props
Rajeshraj1990
lvl.1

India

check out this https://techyhost.com/best-video-compression-software/
2020-3-20