Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Activation and RC Linking Issues
1732 8 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Liquidcanvas
lvl.1

I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 in July 2018 and have yet been able to fly it.  Fresh out of the box and nothing but frustration.  Support consistently hangs up and chat reconnects me in the middle of troubleshooting and I have to start all over again.  
The last conversation today was to send the RC in for repair - blinks red light and beeps consistently.  I am unable to connect the remote to Go 4 App and unable to activate the drone.
RC will is recognized by the Assistant 2 App on the PC.  Same PC, cable, and USB port will recognize the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with no driver errors. Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - connected through PC and firmware updated to current version.
iPad 4 Mini - iOS 12.0.1, 128GB
iPhone 8 - iOS 12.0.1
DJI Go 4 App - V4.3.3

Should I send the RC in for repair or is there something simpler that can be tried before doing so?

2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Liquidcanvas Posted at 11-1 15:41
To be clear, an internet connection does not account for being hung up on after waiting on the phone for over 20 minutes at a time.  I was connected to a hard wire internet connection and was actively online  . . . back to your solutions.

When I hold C1 and the shutter button, the beeping stops and the led is a solid blue-green, but it will not connect to the Go App.   I have never received an activation alert where I could name my Phantom 4 Pro.  I have had various individuals try to get this connected and it comes back to the fact that it does not connect.  At this point, I am up against the deadline to send in my remote control using the label provided.

Thanks for the clarification. We're not sure what's the exact status at that time, if this appears again, you may refer the above and switch to another working WiFi to verify. I'm sorry that your issue cannot be figured out remotely and we can offer you a proper solution after the designated team receive the package and do the damage assessment, hope for your understanding.
2018-11-1
Use props
Liquidcanvas
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-23 18:21
Hi Liquidcanvas, we're sorry for the inconvenience. For the red blinking and beeps, please make sure the RC has been fully charged, then you may toggle the sticks to see whether the issue persists.
Regarding the connecting between RC and DJI GO 4, may I know which step are you stuck with? You may try to reset the RC as below: Turn off the RC, hold C1 and shutter button at the same time, turn on the RC and the indicator will be green, then connect the RC with App and check. If the issue persists, I'm sorry that you may consider sending the RC in for diagnosis.

To be clear, an internet connection does not account for being hung up on after waiting on the phone for over 20 minutes at a time.  I was connected to a hard wire internet connection and was actively online  . . . back to your solutions.

When I hold C1 and the shutter button, the beeping stops and the led is a solid blue-green, but it will not connect to the Go App.   I have never received an activation alert where I could name my Phantom 4 Pro.  I have had various individuals try to get this connected and it comes back to the fact that it does not connect.  At this point, I am up against the deadline to send in my remote control using the label provided.  

2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Liquidcanvas Posted at 2018-10-24 03:58
DJI Susan, I can try charging the RC again and try to reset once again.  I was connected with  on the online chat - latest being this this past Monday and I was on again yesterday when I was told to return the RC unit.  It sits solid red and when I toggle the left stick it beeps and blinks red.  All 4 LED lights are on and solid so it looks fully charged.  When connecting to a PC, it is not recognized by DJI Assistant 2.  The Phantom itself is recognized and will update.

Update: For the chat disconnect issue, I just got an update from the team that the conversations were ended at your end several times. At the same time, the other conversations worked well. It looks like to be caused by the unstable internet, you may check at your end or switch to another WiFi to confirm. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Liquidcanvas Posted at 2018-10-24 03:58
DJI Susan, I can try charging the RC again and try to reset once again.  I was connected with  on the online chat - latest being this this past Monday and I was on again yesterday when I was told to return the RC unit.  It sits solid red and when I toggle the left stick it beeps and blinks red.  All 4 LED lights are on and solid so it looks fully charged.  When connecting to a PC, it is not recognized by DJI Assistant 2.  The Phantom itself is recognized and will update.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the team to check and optimize in the future. For the RC issue, I'm sorry that you may consider the above suggestion and send it in. The designated team will take care once they receive the package.
2018-10-24
Use props
Liquidcanvas
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-23 18:21
Hi Liquidcanvas, we're sorry for the inconvenience. For the red blinking and beeps, please make sure the RC has been fully charged, then you may toggle the sticks to see whether the issue persists.
Regarding the connecting between RC and DJI GO 4, may I know which step are you stuck with? You may try to reset the RC as below: Turn off the RC, hold C1 and shutter button at the same time, turn on the RC and the indicator will be green, then connect the RC with App and check. If the issue persists, I'm sorry that you may consider sending the RC in for diagnosis.

DJI Susan, I can try charging the RC again and try to reset once again.  I was connected with chris@liquidcanvas.com on the online chat - latest being this this past Monday and I was on again yesterday when I was told to return the RC unit.  It sits solid red and when I toggle the left stick it beeps and blinks red.  All 4 LED lights are on and solid so it looks fully charged.  When connecting to a PC, it is not recognized by DJI Assistant 2.  The Phantom itself is recognized and will update.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Regarding the connecting between RC and DJI GO 4, may I know which step are you stuck with? You may try to reset the RC as below: Turn off the RC, hold C1 and shutter button at the same time, turn on the RC and the indicator will be green, then connect the RC with App and check. If the issue persists, I'm sorry that you may consider sending the RC in for diagnosis.

As for the hangs up and chat reconnects, may I have the email address when you contacted our support? We'd like to check and forward to the team to optimize the experience in the future, thanks so much!
2018-10-23
Use props
Liquidcanvas
lvl.1

IM35461 Posted at 2018-10-23 11:59
If it has never worked can you not take the whole thing back to your retailer for a replacement?

Or perhaps this will help reset the RC https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=117333&pid=1011859

Unfortunately, I am beyond the 15 days to return the entire product as per DJI policy.  I purchased directly from DJI Store thinking I would get better service or at least minimize the risk of issues.  

Thanks for the link.  The main issue with resetting it is the Go 4 App is not connected to the RC at all after trying multiple cables, iPads, iPhones and reinstalling the App multiple times.  Using the PC to update is not working for the RC.  The PC will recognize and update the drone itself though but the RC is not recognized at all.  

I should have been more persistent in the first 15 days to get answers.  I submitted my repair request and will start the process.  
2018-10-23
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it has never worked can you not take the whole thing back to your retailer for a replacement?

Or perhaps this will help reset the RC https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 333&pid=1011859

My one just worked straight out of the box.
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules