Dual Controller Mavic 2
9388 33 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martyfilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1159688 ft

Does anyone have experince with being able to pair and second mavic controller to the Mavic 2 Pro?

Is this even possible?
2018-10-23
Use props
SamDownUnder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112989 ft
Australia

According to the manual (page 47) it is coming in a future firmware version.
2018-10-23
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Some managed to get it bond but its not officially supported yet - so wouldnt try.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. As of the moment, it is not yet officially supported but it is coming soon.  Please refer on the attachment below, thanks for your support.

2018-10-24
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yes, dual operator mode is coming soon. Also heard some rumors the Mavic Pro (previous generation) remote controller can operate the Mavic 2 with dual setup wit a future software update.
Exciting if they release the option soon.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-10-24 04:02
Yes, dual operator mode is coming soon. Also heard some rumors the Mavic Pro (previous generation) remote controller can operate the Mavic 2 with dual setup.
Exciting if they release the option soon.

Hello there. Actually no. currently, Mavic Pro remote controller is not compatible to use to Mavic 2 series. Please stay tuned to our website for future updates. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-29
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-29 14:30
Hello there. Actually no. currently, Mavic Pro remote controller is not compatible to use to Mavic 2 series. Please stay tuned to our website for future updates. Thanks for your support.

My apologies that's not completely what I meant, edited my earlier reply now. But could it be possible the Mavic Pro remote controller could control the M2 with a future update?
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-10-30 05:18
My apologies that's not completely what I meant, edited my earlier reply now. But could it be possible the Mavic Pro remote controller could control the M2 with a future update?

Hi, thanks for the clarification. We will forward your query to our Senior engineer for further updates. Thanks for your understanding and please stay tuned.
2018-10-30
Use props
Flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

what would be cool is to have a dual operator mode for the mavic 2 pro where the second controller could function as a gimbal operator, where you control of the gimbal up, down and tilt with the sticks
2018-11-24
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-29 14:30

Its been two months since the term soon was used, now we should at least have a timeframe for when its available.
Could you please check with your r&d department, so we know?

Thanks!
2018-12-21
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

CineView Media Posted at 12-21 22:53
Its been two months since the term soon was used, now we should at least have a timeframe for when its available.

DJI's latest manual for the Mavic 2 series 1.6 has removed any reference to Dual Controllers.  No longer "coming soon!"   It may not be coming at all.
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CineView Media Posted at 12-21 22:53

Hi, thanks for reaching back. Unfortunately, we haven't received any update regarding this matter. Don't worry. I will follow up this query to our R&D Department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-22
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

Hi,
are there some news about the dual-modus?

Today i have contacted the dji support (germany): There is no dual modus with new smart controller and there are now informations that it will coming .....

The last manual still give the information that dual modus is "coming soon" ? I can not find it

Regards Ben
2019-1-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Bcor666 Posted at 1-17 01:17
Hi,
are there some news about the dual-modus?

The Dual controller discussion is REMOVED from the most recent manual.  
2019-1-17
Use props
CertoFlax
New

Sweden

This feature was "Coming soon" according to the Mavic 2 manual last summer (page 47). In the new version that page has been removed, and there is no mention of dual controls anymore.
2019-1-29
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

Some news about the dual modus ?
2019-2-6
Use props
Labenskyj
lvl.2
United States

Bcor666 Posted at 2-6 10:15
Some news about the dual modus ?

I would like to know as well. How about DJI?
2019-2-11
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Labenskyj Posted at 2-11 20:03
I would like to know as well. How about DJI?

Yes. As the model is called Pro that would indeed make sense.

Whilst the 2 Pro is not going to replace an Inspire 2 it is nevertheless used in Pro applications on occasions.

Dual controllers would make operation more efficient (and give DJI excuses to sell more controllers).
2019-2-12
Use props
fans3e795718
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2038511 ft
Australia

DJI, there are many Mavic 2 pilots that have been awaiting the release of Dual Remote flying feature.  You removed reference to this capability on v1.6 of the user manual, however numerous responses over a variety of forums state that this feature still intends to be available through software release..  Some months have since passed..

DJI, is there a further update from R&D over the software release of Dual Remote flying?
2019-3-4
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

I have read obout but it was a promise
2019-3-4
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bump, interested in the results of this
2019-3-4
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Agree. A drone with a 'Pro' suffix should have dual r/c support.

At least we have some autonomous flight modes which help with camera work but its still no substitute for dual r/c
2019-3-5
Use props
Martyfilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1159688 ft
Canada

Still nothing on this.  Just got waypoints tho... soooooooo Soon I guess. lol.
2019-3-11
Use props
Fly-by-knight
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I now have two controllers for my Mavic 2 Pro, and when I went to connect, as I had seen a video of how to connect on the Mavic pro, I realised that there was no way to add a primary or secondary controller as with the predecessor drone. I can't describe how disappointed I am with this, as it is called a 'pro' drone. The autonomous programmes are good, but do not meet the needs for many other creative situations.

Is there any news on when the Mavic 2 drones will have this capability, as it's just an amateur drone without this capability?? Very disappointed.

Thanks, and hello everyone..!
2019-4-3
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-22 08:38
Hi, thanks for reaching back. Unfortunately, we haven't received any update regarding this matter. Don't worry. I will follow up this query to our R&D Department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.

any news about dual support on mavic 2?
2019-4-6
Use props
VectorTwin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505978 ft
Bulgaria

According to last FW update - 1.00.04.00 - yes, it is possible from now. Right now I updated and have no second RC for test, but will be tested tomorrow .
2019-4-17
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I think you need the updated app for it to work which as far as I know aint out yet for ios or android
2019-4-17
Use props
Francisco Witt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144078 ft
Brazil

VectorTwin Posted at 4-17 09:03
According to last FW update - 1.00.04.00 - yes, it is possible from now. Right now I updated and have no second RC for test, but will be tested tomorrow .

Hello! Please, tell us if now you can have the "pilot vision" on one controller and the camera on other.

Thank you!
2019-4-18
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Does anyone know if the Mavic Pro (first version) works as a secondary remote for the Mavic 2? and What about the Smart Remote?
2019-4-18
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

I only have two hands - how do I use two controllers!
2019-4-18
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

parkgt214 Posted at 4-18 15:50
I only have two hands - how do I use two controllers!

If you think a little bit more you’ll understand why.
2019-4-30
Use props
djiuser_fvbVgKyZEQuA
New

Portugal

Can anyone tell me if now with the recent firmware can I control my mavic 2 pro with a mavic pro(old)  controller?  I need onde remote controler and it's cheaper and easier to find one from mavic pro but I dont know if it work on Mavic 2 Pro.
2019-5-16
Use props
fans401eae79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364856 ft
Canada

DJI making a fortune on not compatible hardware on purpose thats all there is,money ,almost all could of been compatible with right software but its made this way on purpose.Untill some hakers will doit it will be the way it is.
2019-7-21
Use props
iKnight71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2038511 ft
Australia

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 2019-4-18 15:00
Does anyone know if the Mavic Pro (first version) works as a secondary remote for the Mavic 2? and What about the Smart Remote?

Although this reply is late, I can confirm that the Smart Controller & original M2P Remote Control have been working well together for Dual Remote flying with a co-pilot since firmware v01.00.0400 back in April 2019.

Unfortunately the M1P Remote Controller is not compatible as a substitute for a M2P Remote Controller.
Hope you've had some enjoyment with Dual Remote flying like I have

2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules