Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystal Sky - Ronin S
2511 6 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 410942 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys can we have an update regarding the intergration of Crystal Sky monitors with Ronin S.  Is this ever going to happen?
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. As of the moment, Crystal Sky monitor is not compatible with the Ronin S. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to give you more option when in terms of compatibility. I can also forward your suggestion to our R&D engineers to check if this will be possible in the near future. Thanks for your support.

2018-10-24
Use props
Pauxier
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not seeing how one would integrate the two or why?
2018-10-24
Use props
Zap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 410942 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pauxier Posted at 2018-10-24 05:31
I'm not seeing how one would integrate the two or why?

Why -  I uses Lumix GH5s with my Ronin S - great combination.  I have a Crystal Sky UB 7.85 for my drones.  The CS would give me much better detailed visibility in direct sun and a much bigger screen.  I am one of a cast of many thousands calling for a full moviemaking integration from DJI.

How = Video in for the CS is via the ports at the bottom of the monitor, you could (with the right lead design) HDMI out of the camera and in via the video port at the bottom of the monitor.  You could even wifi into the screen from the camera with a little work.
2018-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Zap Posted at 2018-10-25 01:30
Why -  I uses Lumix GH5s with my Ronin S - great combination.  I have a Crystal Sky UB 7.85 for my drones.  The CS would give me much better detailed visibility in direct sun and a much bigger screen.  I am one of a cast of many thousands calling for a full moviemaking integration from DJI.

How = Video in for the CS is via the ports at the bottom of the monitor, you could (with the right lead design) HDMI out of the camera and in via the video port at the bottom of the monitor.  You could even wifi into the screen from the camera with a little work.

With the imminent release of the zihuan wee bill which you can attach your phone by WiFi , I think Ronin is going to have some serious competition particularly in the mirrorless market, still waiting for compatibility with Fuji , so for me the wee bill will be where my money gets spent.
2018-10-25
Use props
EV007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8146 ft
United States

I think what we're looking for is something akin to the CS 5.5 and OSMO integration.  The ability to have a bigger screen for monitoring the recording is huge.  

I was able to get the wifi monitor software installed on the CS to use with my Sony, but it is a bit... odd sometimes.    Integration with the OSMO seems easy enough because it is a known camera, the Ronin-S, you could mount whatever you want on it within size and weight limits.  Managing video out to the CS would be difficult but not impossible.  You'd have to enable video in for the CS and find some wiring path within the Ronin-S.
2018-10-28
Use props
Pauxier
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a monitor with Ronin s but it's a dedicated one for that. My Crystal Sky stays dedicated to my Phantom 4pro system. I think folks are trying to do too much with the Crystal Sky besides flying. My Crystal Sky Ultra Bright is WAY heavier than my Lilliput monitor as well.  Just my 2 cents
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules