RONIN 2 - major issue - motors not responding - help asap!
1539 3 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justin Lovell
lvl.1
Canada

Issue:
1. Ronin 2 motors will not respond.
2. Happened soon after 'binding' the remote to the ronin 2.
3. Have tried to upgrade and downgrade the firmware multiple times on multiple pc/mac systems and using multiple cables.  It fails every time. Getting multiple errors - constantly "the pitch device is not connected!"
4. Tried reseating the batteries, swapping batteries, reseating the sled, running using the battery power cable to the sled.

See attached link for photos of some of the errors.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dEMB9S23xrmpNFMb8

Sent this to tech support:

Subject: Motors not responding

Message: Hey Guys, Major problem on set. We had to pull out our Ronin 1 to replace the Ronin 2 and now in big trouble with production. We setup the r2, attempted to bind the remote, and then the motors all went limp. Binding failed and now the ronin is dead and not responding. We also clicked on the "Logs" option. That's all that we've done and now it is not responding. Tried to refresh the firmware on the r2 (1.03) but i get the error "0401 pitch device not connected". If i go into the monitor menu I have errors on Aircraft, remote controller, d.bus receiver but green on power hub. Any idea what we can do? Attempting to roll back to a previous firmware. Thank you!

2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Justin, we're sorry to read the troubles. Is there any chance change to another PC and refresh the firmware again? If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment.
2018-10-25
Use props
Justin Lovell
lvl.1
Canada

Tried that.  Sending it back.

Thanks Susan
2018-10-28
Use props
djiuser_ek52CmzP11vo
New
Flight distance : 82690 ft

Morocco

Hello,

I experience the same issue with my Ronin 2, the motors would not respond, I have tried to refresh the firmeware on multiple PC but to no success, I did the calibration and it was completed I also tried to restore to default options, could you please help me finding a solution ?
2023-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules