Real Estate Photos - Just an Observation - How High is too High?
1720 15 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 455558 ft

I've noticed that lots of new DJI drone owners think that taking photos of Real Estate is a great way to help earn additional money - and that many times, their sample photos that they post look great - but, don't really capture the imagination about living in that home, in that neighborhood.  After seeing dozens of these photos, I'm thinking it's because homes look better from lower altitudes, and many newer drone owners think that have to be higher up to capture Real Estate photos.

Having taken a few photos of homes, just for my own amusement - not for money - I think that the imagination is captured with photos that let you see the home, and the area, from a little closer to the ground - where we live.  Not, from high up where airplanes and birds live.  Just my two cents.

Real Estate Photo

Real Estate Photo
2018-10-24
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

It's fun to take your flying camera way up in the air, but most of the interesting stuff is down low. Fly low.
2018-10-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The height , in special for homes and area around is imho a question of the area you wanna and can legally show.
And total in the eye of the beholder, methinks.
Or, in "workterms", how the people who wanna/should pay for the pictures would like it.
Ask them, if they have an idea.
Do a Panorama (3x3), which gives you enough pixel (with ICE or such), to crop if needed
2018-10-24
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer

Tentoes Posted at 2018-10-24 07:46
It's fun to take your flying camera way up in the air, but most of the interesting stuff is down low. Fly low.

Yes, I agree - flying higher is fun, but the photos often are more interesting being down closer to the ground.
2018-10-24
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-10-24 08:05
The height , in special for homes and area around is imho a question of the area you wanna and can legally show.
And total in the eye of the beholder, methinks.
Or, in "workterms", how the people who wanna/should pay for the pictures would like it.

I agree, taking pano's and being able to crop to the desired view is probably a great suggestion.
2018-10-24
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

If you see enough of the real estate photos there is a desire to suspend reality. Make the house look like it is spacious and perfect. Not easily done from high up. Many of the photos are staged to maximize the lure of the potential buyer to entice people to come look at the house. Higher up there is more of a reality effect. House might be nice but the surrounding area is not or it is really close to a freeway etc. That big yard might not be so big after all. lol

Sidd
2018-10-24
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-10-24 15:43
If you see enough of the real estate photos there is a desire to suspend reality. Make the house look like it is spacious and perfect. Not easily done from high up. Many of the photos are staged to maximize the lure of the potential buyer to entice people to come look at the house. Higher up there is more of a reality effect. House might be nice but the surrounding area is not or it is really close to a freeway etc. That big yard might not be so big after all. lol

Sidd

True - the seller wants the buyer to be excited about the house, and if there's a way of showing something that adds to the "curb appeal", like the neighborhood - great!  But too wide a shot might show less desirable elements.  Like the earlier suggestion - taking more, and then cropping to get the desired "look" is probably a good idea.
2018-10-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good points there and a nice capture
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi AirPhoto1.com, thanks for sharing your two cents. Should you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

I agree, most of the interesting things are low alt.. But sometimes it is realy fun and helpfull to make an high alt picture also.. so you get aware where you are in your surroundings.
2018-10-25
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-25 08:12
Hi AirPhoto1.com, thanks for sharing your two cents. Should you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Gamora!  I've been very impressed by DJI as a company - producing great products that offer unbelievable technology in such an affordable and reliable package.  I've had a couple of issues, of my own doing - and service from DJI has been responsive and reasonable in cost.  All around, I'd recommend DJI to anyone looking for a drone.
2018-10-25
Use props
connorsfilms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57303 ft
United States

Maybe one shot of a really high aerial view would be good but clients might want to see the house/building more closer up.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AirPhoto1.com Posted at 2018-10-25 08:52
Thanks DJI Gamora!  I've been very impressed by DJI as a company - producing great products that offer unbelievable technology in such an affordable and reliable package.  I've had a couple of issues, of my own doing - and service from DJI has been responsive and reasonable in cost.  All around, I'd recommend DJI to anyone looking for a drone.

Thank you also for your continued support. Cheers!
2018-10-25
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The OP makes a good point, I think the sweet spot for real-estate photos is between 50 and 80 feet, any higher and you might as well use Google Earth....
2018-10-28
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am a real estate photographer.  Very seldom do I go over 75ft AGL.  I use a Spark for homes and a P4 for land or acreage videos.  Thanks DJI for making great drones that are easy to fly.
2018-10-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like the shot. looks good
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now