Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hello DJI folks!
I just had this lovely message appear on my not so old Inspire 2, and as Murphy and his laws would have it, it happened while on a job site. Great fun! Poker face forward and out came the backup ...  

PROBLEM
Message shows up (Air Encoder Error (0x100000) Check whether gimbal is attached). No video and no response to any of the camera settings. The gimbal can be operated normally and aircraft seems to be able to fly ok. FPV Camera transmitts normally.

RECALIBRATION and FIRM
Did all of calibrations (IMU Compass and Vision with DJI Asst.2) All firmware up to date.

Has anyone had this problem? is there a fix? I have to work on friday and it looks like Im screwed!

Appreciate your help!

2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Can you please provide a screenshot on that prompt message that you are receiving? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.
2018-10-24
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

Sure here you go....

2018-10-24
Use props
flyingfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

hello I got the same error when I got a inconsistent firmware can you try to reinstall the firmware of the camera t least ?
2018-10-25
Use props
KyleHermsen
New
Flight distance : 394301 ft
United States

I am having the same issue with my I2 and X5S. I tried to update the firmware a week ago using my iPhone and now I cannot get a picture and I repeatedly have these errors show up. I tried downgrading the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 and it gives me a server data error. Any fixes for this or do I need to send the whole drone in?

Thanks!
Kyle

2018-10-26
Use props
snath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had this happen to me but always when there was no camera installed. Once I installed the camera, the error went away.
2018-10-26
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have had this happen to me but always when there was no camera installed. Once I installed the camera, the error went away.
2018-10-26
Use props
snath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2018-10-26
Use props
cochrancamera
lvl.1
United States

Any updates here??
2018-10-31
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

Hello!!
Its been a busy last couple of weeks but after upgrading all firmware and calibreating everything (a couple of times at least), still nothing. Note that I have not rolled back firmware.
The error has not gone away.
My suspicion is that there is something damaged (cables perhaps) in the vibration damper part 23. That would be the best case scenario at this point. Prior to the error I flew in pretty extreme wind in the Patagonia I believe it may have jarred the cables. At this point I will have DJI take a look at it - This drone will be going in to DJI for service.  
I will update once DJI tells me what they found.
2018-11-7
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this once on a job in september when I had got back from not using the drone in 10days. Scared me witless. In the end I reset everything from cendence controller to crystal sky, also tried different batteries and check the camera connection. In the end it just disappeared and worked fine... never worked out exactly which bit is was but take it all apart & put back together and it should be fine. I also removed the memory cards until powered one then reinserted and formated.
2018-11-7
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

dopey-tree Posted at 11-7 14:02
I had this once on a job in september when I had got back from not using the drone in 10days. Scared me witless. In the end I reset everything from cendence controller to crystal sky, also tried different batteries and check the camera connection. In the end it just disappeared and worked fine... never worked out exactly which bit is was but take it all apart & put back together and it should be fine. I also removed the memory cards until powered one then reinserted and formated.

Tried all of that and nothing. Luggin it to the shop
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules