Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate?
5774 9 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfw1953
lvl.2
United States

I'm just getting started with a new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 on order...

I'm trying to determine what software to purchase for real estate drone video editing. I have experience with an older version of Pinnacle software for home use, so I am already familiar with how to create a finished video using Pinnacle. I have also been looking at Adobe Premiere Pro, but the tutorials seem a bit complicated for a beginner. Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate supports 4k and 360 videos. Thoughts on using this software??? Can anyone offer any suggestions as to which product I should get started with? I'm open to suggestions, but also want to keep the cost under control, but I want a quality finished video product.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

RFW1953

2018-10-24
Use props
rfw1953
lvl.2
United States

Correction - I ordered the Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 and I thought I would mention that I'm using Window 10.
2018-10-24
Use props
kdwow69
New

Nepal

rfw1953 Posted at 10-24 11:31
Correction - I ordered the Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 and I thought I would mention that I'm using Window 10.

Good question. I was wondering the same
2018-12-11
Use props
rfw1953
lvl.2
United States

kdwow69 Posted at 12-11 10:38
Good question. I was wondering the same

Sadly, no one has provided any detail in helping to answer this question. Maybe we'll get a response this time. I'm still wondering if Pinnacle is a good solution for finished video creation and editing????
2018-12-11
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

I've not used Pinnacle but do use Corel Video Studio 2018 Ultimate (I believe from the same company) and find it does a pretty good job at a reasonable price.

Shop around and look at on line reviews etc. as there are heaps of products around over a huge price range. You will probably find that the quality of the end resulting videos are most often determined by your expertise and NOT necessarily the product you are using no matter how expensive it is! Good Hunting.

Cheers

2018-12-11
Use props
rfw1953
lvl.2
United States

I purchased the Pinnacle upgrade to Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate. I was able to produce my first video as a test with two issues. At first, I mixed clips that were shot at different settings. When exporting, I found that once the export function reached a clip that was at a different speed setting, the software froze. After editing out the clips shot at different speeds, the export function completed. The second issue I experienced was in play back. I first exported at the highest best quality settings, and playback didn't work at all. I was only able to view the below image in play back.

I spent a day and a half experimenting with different export settings with no success. I also looked online at the Pinnacle forum and couldn't find a solution, so I contacted Pinnacle technical support. In a day and a half I received an email response suggesting that I go into the Pinnacle control panel settings, and change the hardware setting from advanced hardware acceleration to none. Then I restarted my computer and the Pinnacle software. This one simple step totally resoled the issue. I could then export the project video to any format and size I wanted, and successfully view my completed video project.  Ugh! Lots of wasted time experimenting and researching, but I learned a good bit in the process.  It took all of maybe 15 seconds to resolve once I changed the setting in this one control panel field.

Seeing that I had past experience with an older version of Pinnacle Studio, making the transition to the newest product version became an easy learning curve experience with the exception of the two issues I experienced when making my first drone project video.   We'll see how pleased I am with this product in time as I use it more. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I should mention that I'm using Windows 10 on a fairly new PC with ample storage capacity. My first test project video was 8 minutes at 4.9G  Below is a screen shot showing the best quality Pinnacle export settings I used.  

2019-4-2
Use props
rfw1953
lvl.2
United States

Sadly, I'm still having issues with Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate. After getting past the hardware acceleration setting change from accelerated to none, everything seemed to work fine. At least I could see the playback of my video clips.

Now, when in the edit mode, and then I select change color from none to bright, the programs works fine, but when I attempt to change the color setting back to none, the program freezes. I'm currently working with Technical support for a resolution, but after resetting the program, and then creating a new admin user account in Windows 10 64bit, the program still freezes. Ugh! Lots of early challenges with this software. Beginning to get frustrated, but I will keep working on it for a while longer. Ugh!
2019-4-10
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

rfw1953 Posted at 4-10 09:50
Sadly, I'm still having issues with Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate. After getting past the hardware acceleration setting change from accelerated to none, everything seemed to work fine. At least I could see the playback of my video clips.

Now, when in the edit mode, and then I select change color from none to bright, the programs works fine, but when I attempt to change the color setting back to none, the program freezes. I'm currently working with Technical support for a resolution, but after resetting the program, and then creating a new admin user account in Windows 10 64bit, the program still freezes. Ugh! Lots of early challenges with this software. Beginning to get frustrated, but I will keep working on it for a while longer. Ugh!

Have you considered the DaVinci Resolve 15-by Blackmagic?
2019-4-11
Use props
rfw1953
lvl.2
United States

Pinnacle 22 Ultimate update...

So, I was able to resolve my video editing issues, and I can now report that I'm fully operational on Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate. The missing link for me to get up and running was learning that I needed a faster graphics card, which I did purchase, and installed myself.

I produced my first production today. I created a video production that is roughly 3 minutes long. The video includes PIP video, logos, color, and brightness editing, a music file, transitions, and title page.  Pinnacle Studio Ultimate in a feature-rich software that does a very nice job, once you get your setting adjusted and you have your hardware updated. I purchased a Gigabyte Radeon RX 590 graphics card for roughly $230 through Amazon.

As soon as I drop the size of the file down a good bit, I'll load the video for preview.

2019-5-24
Use props
rfw1953
lvl.2
United States

ATJ Posted at 4-11 11:54
Have you considered the DaVinci Resolve 15-by Blackmagic?

I did originally, but I have a history using Pinnacle earlier versions, so my goal was to get this software working as best as possible before considering any additional changes.
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules