Mavic 2 Pro FCPX Exporting
911 8 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

Hi all, does anybody can explain how to properly export Mavic 2 Pro footage after editing it in FCPX?

During editing my footage looks soo good, but after exporting in FCPX, it looks terrible, so soft and noisy.

I've exported with Master File settings Uncompressed 10-bit (it looks worse than exporting for iPhone)

Thanks!
2018-10-24
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

What format are you recording in?

And what are you exporting for?
2018-10-24
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

I trying to recode it in Master File (ProRes 422), Apple Devices 1080p.

Right now I just want to export my footage with color correction that I made to see how it looks, and after exporting all footage looks terrible
2018-10-24
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

Ok, so the source is from the Mavic 2, 4k DLOG-M 10bit I assume?

and FCPX is set to a) use proxies and b) optimise media as you work?
2018-10-24
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

Oh, yeah, from Mavic 2, 4K DLog 10bit, Quality - Better Quality, Media - Optimized/Original
2018-10-24
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

If possible, can you upload the source H.265 file to YouTube or Dropbox (with a link)... and the exported 1080p version as well? (I want to test it against my copy of FCPX)
2018-10-24
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

I want, but I can't, right now I'm in mountains where upload speed is very low (about 5mbs per second)  

Oh, after comparing screenshots I found an issue...
I didn't open a footage at full screen in FCPX...

Okay, then another question, is it good footage quality? 'cause on youtube, for example, I saw a better quality in comparison with my footage.
Or maybe I'm just want too much from Mavic 2 camera? (I very satisfied with photo quality, but not sure about video...)

Screenshot from FCPX:

Screenshot from exported footage:
2018-10-24
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

The video quality looks decent to me, but I would normally compare with several videos in different locations lighting conditions.

When using FCPX with proxies, the H.265 is converted to ProRes which shouldn't be lower quality or visibly different than the input video.

'Apple Devices 1080p' is quite low quality (ie. low bitrate), so that might be something you want to adjust - or use a different 1080p H.264 profile.

Oh, another thing I notice from the screenshots - it looks like you'll have to make a correction for the barrel distortion?
2018-10-25
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

yep, with Alex4D wide angle fix, do you think it could be a problem?
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules