Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pan re balance
9157 19 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

Hi everyone, i have a problem with the balancing the pan axix.
When i try the balance test with the app, everytime it told me: pan rebalance needed..i don’t understand why.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bombepro, sorry for the difficulties on balancing the Pan axis, is the Pan physically balanced before powering on? Did you try the Auto Tune?
If yes, please try to tilt the device 45° then check if the Power value of the Pan motors is in the range of +/-5. If not, please balance again. If yes, please make sure the firmware and the APP have been updated to the latest version, then it should work, thank you.
2018-10-24
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

This is an example of test..so tilt number have to decrease from 8 to 5?
1CF06684-B498-4E8A-9D17-35F840AC97FC.png
2018-10-24
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

*pan

Sorry
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The Power of all the axes should be within +/-5, it looks fine according to the screenshot above, please make the Auto Tune in the APP after the physical balance, may I have the firmware version and the APP version? Thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

I tried again and how you can see, the power is 2(for pan)
I’m in the range of -5/+5 but the balance test failed again.
You can see also the firmware and app version.
A51FA07D-F925-44FF-914B-5BDC7C6B8C2E.png
9EE92A0F-EC37-4F37-93DC-A31D4C6A410B.png
C23828F3-2A65-4CF2-BA75-0B39C35DF417.png
2018-10-25
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

Anyone can help me?
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response, may I verify what camera you are using? Could you please provide us a short video of your balance adjustment process especially the Pan axis for further support? Thank you.
2018-10-26
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

I use canon 200d and sigma 18-35 1.8

I posted 2 video and you can see how my ronin is bilanced.

Video: https://vimeo.com/user91143652
2018-10-29
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

Nice support!!
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bombepro, sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts directly so that I can receive the notification and reply timely.
Per the video you provided, the Pan was not balanced, it should keep still when rotating the pan axis 45° while lifting the grip. Please adjust the axis again according to the tutorial video below:
2018-11-3
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-3 02:43
Bombepro, sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts directly so that I can receive the notification and reply timely.
Per the video you provided, the Pan was not balanced, it should keep still when rotating the pan axis 45° while lifting the grip. Please adjust the axis again according to the tutorial video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mkqQ4hxrzk&t=9s

I tried a lot of time, but i can't balance the pan axis.
Video:
I don't understand where i'm wrong. I tried a micro adjustments and nothing change. (balance test failed)
(I have only tilt and roll excelent.... pan :---> balance renedeed).
But in the app, in motor parameters, the value of the pan axis is beetwen -5/+5. Mystery.
For example if i change the balance of the roll axis on the left or right, the balance test it's  still excelent.
Only with the autotune, i can have excelent in every axis.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bombepro Posted at 11-8 14:22
I tried a lot of time, but i can't balance the pan axis.
Video:
I don't understand where i'm wrong. I tried a micro adjustments and nothing change. (balance test failed)

Please provide us the screenshot of more info in the APP by clicking 'More' when the gimbal is centered. Thank you. GTScreenshot_20181109_183535.png

2018-11-9
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-9 02:37
Please provide us the screenshot of more info in the APP by clicking 'More' when the gimbal is centered. Thank you.[view_image]

2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response because of the weekend, currently, the issue is the device needs Auto Tune every time when you power on, otherwise, the APP will show 'Pan: Re-balance needed' right?
May I know with the parameter after the Auto Tune, will the APP still show the same message after the Balance Test? Is the operation affected during shooting?
2018-11-11
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 20:09
Sorry for the late response because of the weekend, currently, the issue is the device needs Auto Tune every time when you power on, otherwise, the APP will show ' Pan: Re-balance needed' right?
May I know with the parameter after the Auto Tune, will the APP still show the same message after the Balance Test? Is the operation affected during shooting?

Exactly.
I upload 3 video, so you can see the entire process.
The firt video stats with a balance test(pan balance reneeded), autotune and balance test again. It's seems work. I tried to switch off and turn again to see if i need autotune again, but after the first autotune seemed the roll axix wasn't balance well.(i didin't touch anything).

In the second video i turned off the ronin and i fixed up roll axis. Balance test ok.

In the third video, you can see a footage with canon 200d + sigma 18-35 1.8 + ronin s.

2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bombepro Posted at 11-15 11:51
Exactly.
I upload 3 video, so you can see the entire process.
The firt video stats with a balance test(pan balance reneeded), autotune and balance test again. It's seems work. I tried to switch off and turn again to see if i need autotune again, but after the first autotune seemed the roll axix wasn't balance well.(i didin't touch anything).

It seems from the video, with the parameter after the Auto Tune, the APP will not show 'Pan: re-balance needed' after rebooting? The issue only happens when you re-balance the axis and power on right?
2018-11-16
Use props
Bombepro
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-16 02:51
It seems from the video, with the parameter after the Auto Tune, the APP will not show &aposan: re-balance needed' after rebooting? The issue only happens when you re-balance the axis and power on right?

sorry for the late response. I tried to restart balancing with different lenses and now i can have excellent in every axis. Nice.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bombepro Posted at 12-13 13:01
sorry for the late response. I tried to restart balancing with different lenses and now i can have excellent in every axis. Nice.

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, please let us know if you have any further concern, enjoy filming.
2018-12-13
Use props
dinbali
New
Indonesia

SOLUTION
Ronin SC Pan Axis unable to get ''Excellent'': While doing the balance test, I tilt the Gimbal over 25-30°, I then get ''Excellent''. If I immediately balance test again at 15° I get ''Re Balancing Required'', so it is some kind of bug. Just balance-test it at around 30° and it's good. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem. I have spent way too much time trying to solve it before I found out about this and I'm an expert in balancing a gimbal now xD
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules