Dji issued
1318 13 2018-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rharvey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2520673 ft
United States

I have a phantom 4 pro that worked perfect. There was a new firmware update that was released so I updated my p4p, after that all my photos were over exposed. After doing some research and contacting DJI there was an issue with the firmware. If I turn the mechanical shutter off the photos are normal, if I turn the mechanical shutter back on they are over exposed again.

DJI said to send it in and they will fix it. So, I sent it in to then and now they are telling me that my landing gear and battery compartment module are damaged and needs replacing and that I have to pay for that. Now I have never crashed nor had a hard landing and have only had the p4p for a little over a year and only about 30 flight hours total. I took pictures of every part of the p4p before I sent it in, they won't tell me exactly what the damage is to the parts, just they need to be replaced and I have to pay for it. If I don't pay for the landing gear and battery compartment repair they won't fix the camera issue they caused with the firmware update. They will just send it back the way it sits.  However if I pay them to fix the landing gear and battery compartment they will fix the camera issue. Also, when I filled out the repair form all I put on it was the only issue there was which was the photos being over exposed. This doesn't seem right or even legal to me.
2018-10-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would just insist that they fix the camera only.  They are however, good at checking thoroughly for other issues.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi rharvey, we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience with Phantom 4 Pro, the overexposure issue should not be related to the firmware, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account and will escalate your concern to the local team to double evaluate.
The damage assessment pictures can be checked here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace There are damages in the landing gear and battery compartment per the pictures, your concern about this will also be escalated, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
rharvey
lvl.2
United States

Dji repair

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue with dji. I have a phantom 4 pro, everything was working perfect then I Updated to the latest firmware and now my photos are overexposed. Dji did the trouble shooting on it and agreed that it needed to be sent in because something with the firmware affected the photos. Basically if the mechanical shutter is turned on the photos are all over exposed, turn the mechanical shutter off the photos are fine again. So anyway I sent it in, the looked at the drone and saying that the landing gear and battery compartment are damaged, they haven't even addressed the photo issue yet but, they are saying that I have to pay for the landing gear and battery compartment to be fixed before they will even look at the camera issue that they created. If I don't pay the fee for the landing gear and battery compartment to be fixed then they'll send the drone back as is. I even spoke to a manager and they refuse to fix the issue they created unless I pay for the other items to be fixed.
2018-10-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I read this on FB i think it was, it does sound a little strange, landing gear shouldnt cost much and does hold some vital components so it would be wise to have that done, what could bt wrong with the battery compartment? is it the connectors to for the battery?
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rharvey Posted at 2018-10-26 19:06
Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue with dji. I have a phantom 4 pro, everything was working perfect then I Updated to the latest firmware and now my photos are overexposed. Dji did the trouble shooting on it and agreed that it needed to be sent in because something with the firmware affected the photos. Basically if the mechanical shutter is turned on the photos are all over exposed, turn the mechanical shutter off the photos are fine again. So anyway I sent it in, the looked at the drone and saying that the landing gear and battery compartment are damaged, they haven't even addressed the photo issue yet but, they are saying that I have to pay for the landing gear and battery compartment to be fixed before they will even look at the camera issue that they created. If I don't pay the fee for the landing gear and battery compartment to be fixed then they'll send the drone back as is. I even spoke to a manager and they refuse to fix the issue they created unless I pay for the other items to be fixed.

Hi rharvey, your case has been escalated to the designated team to check, they will review your case and contact you during the working time. We appreciate your support and understanding.

Also, it seems that you started two posts at the similar time, we'll merge them here as this violates the forum regulations. If there is any further question, please kindly keep us updated here for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-10-27
Use props
rharvey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-25 19:50
Hi rharvey, we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience with Phantom 4 Pro, the overexposure issue should not be related to the firmware, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account and will escalate your concern to the local team to double evaluate.
The damage assessment pictures can be checked here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace There are damages in the landing gear and battery compartment per the pictures, your concern about this will also be escalated, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

I guess my actual question is what exactly does the landing gear and battery compartment have to do with over exposed issues? You are saying that fixing these items with resolve the over exposed photo issue that was created by DJI? Also where in your policy does state that all items need to be fixed by DJI or you wont fix any and send it back broke, meaning if I dont pay you to fix the landing gear and battery compartment that you wont fix the camera issue that was created by you?
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

rharvey Posted at 2018-10-27 05:26
I guess my actual question is what exactly does the landing gear and battery compartment have to do with over exposed issues? You are saying that fixing these items with resolve the over exposed photo issue that was created by DJI? Also where in your policy does state that all items need to be fixed by DJI or you wont fix any and send it back broke, meaning if I dont pay you to fix the landing gear and battery compartment that you wont fix the camera issue that was created by you?

Hi rharvey,Sorry about the issue you are dealing with repair service for your Phantom 4 Pro. Since DJI Susan already escalated this to the higher department, kindly wait for them to contact you on business day. But to answer your question, when you send the drone in for repair, Damage Assessment team will evaluate and diagnose the drone. Any damages on hardware / software are recommended to be fixed. This is not only for you and for your drone's safety, we always want to make sure that before we ship the unit back to the customer, the drone is perfectly working just like new or equivalent to a new unit. We hope you understand.
2018-10-27
Use props
rharvey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-27 06:41
Hi rharvey,Sorry about the issue you are dealing with repair service for your Phantom 4 Pro. Since DJI Susan already escalated this to the higher department, kindly wait for them to contact you on business day. But to answer your question, when you send the drone in for repair, Damage Assessment team will evaluate and diagnose the drone. Any damages on hardware / software are recommended to be fixed. This is not only for you and for your drone's safety, we always want to make sure that before we ship the unit back to the customer, the drone is perfectly working just like new or equivalent to a new unit. We hope you understand.

Diana,

You just said the KEY work, recommended, which i agree with on that part, however DJI repair is saying that it is mandatory to fix or you wont fix the over exposure photo issue.  (as a perfect analogy, if you were to take your car in for an oil change to the dealer ship, they can recommend you have or worn tires replaced, but they wont refuse to change your oil if you dont by tires from them. you are free to purchase tires where ever you choose. Just like in this case I am free to fix the landing gear on my own, without you refusing to fix an issue you created). Thats the issue I have, is that DJI is refusing to fix an issue caused by them if I dont pay for a recommended item to be fixed.
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rharvey Posted at 2018-10-27 06:50
Diana,

You just said the KEY work, recommended, which i agree with on that part, however DJI repair is saying that it is mandatory to fix or you wont fix the over exposure photo issue.  (as a perfect analogy, if you were to take your car in for an oil change to the dealer ship, they can recommend you have or worn tires replaced, but they wont refuse to change your oil if you dont by tires from them. you are free to purchase tires where ever you choose. Just like in this case I am free to fix the landing gear on my own, without you refusing to fix an issue you created). Thats the issue I have, is that DJI is refusing to fix an issue caused by them if I dont pay for a recommended item to be fixed.

If you send the drone in for repair, you automatically agreed on our agreement and policy. It is highly recommended to settle the repair after the evaluation, if you wish to remove some items/parts that may not be possible after damage assessment, we will either wait for you to settle the quote or we will send the unit back not repaired once invoice got expired. Besides, your drone is already out of its warranty period, yet  DJI provided a free shipping label as a courtesy.

Please understand that each company has its own policy. Purchasing DJI product means you agree on After-sales policy that we have. Since this has been escalated, kindly wait for the proper team to contact you during working hours. Thank you!
2018-10-27
Use props
rharvey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-27 08:56
If you send the drone in for repair, you automatically agreed on our agreement and policy. It is highly recommended to settle the repair after the evaluation, if you wish to remove some items/parts that may not be possible after damage assessment, we will either wait for you to settle the quote or we will send the unit back not repaired once invoice got expired. Besides, your drone is already out of its warranty period, yet  DJI provided a free shipping label as a courtesy.

Please understand that each company has its own policy. Purchasing DJI product means you agree on After-sales policy that we have. Since this has been escalated, kindly wait for the proper team to contact you during working hours. Thank you!

Dji should have provided a shipping label as you are the ones who affected the photos issue, so the warrant does not apply to that. You cannot break something and charge a customer to fix it. Also please either email me the link or post it here where it states that all items NEED to be repaired or you will not repair any items, please send that link to me in either the agreement or policy.

Thank you
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rharvey Posted at 2018-10-27 09:02
Dji should have provided a shipping label as you are the ones who affected the photos issue, so the warrant does not apply to that. You cannot break something and charge a customer to fix it. Also please either email me the link or post it here where it states that all items NEED to be repaired or you will not repair any items, please send that link to me in either the agreement or policy.

Thank you

Sending the unit for repair, regardless the situation, customer needs to shoulder the shipping. But as a courtesy, we're doing that since you're within US. And as requested, please see the image below. Since the team who assessed the unit found those damages, repairing them partially isn't an option as the unit needs to undergo quality assessment and if it failed, we cant ship it out as it may affect further flights. Thanks for understanding.

You may check the After-sales Policy here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-10-27
Use props
rharvey
lvl.2
United States

You are still ignoring the fact that there is a camera issue that was caused by your firmware updates and you're saying you won't look at or fix the camera until I pay for something else. You still haven't even addressed the original and only issue that it was sent in for which is the photo issue. Once that had been looked at/fixed then we can talk about fixing the recommended items.
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rharvey Posted at 2018-10-27 14:04
You are still ignoring the fact that there is a camera issue that was caused by your firmware updates and you're saying you won't look at or fix the camera until I pay for something else. You still haven't even addressed the original and only issue that it was sent in for which is the photo issue. Once that had been looked at/fixed then we can talk about fixing the recommended items.

Hi rharvey, as Susan and Diana mentioned, your concern has been escalated to the local team to double evaluate, we will have someone to contact you soon, please keep your line open and wait for the further communication, thanks for your patience.
2018-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules