Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Gimbal issue in moderate wind
12Next >
6981 46 2018-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Del2015
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
When flying direct into the wind (approx 15mph windspeed), the camera/gimbal on my M2 sometimes tilts down quickly (jerks down), about 10-15 degrees, almost like it's struggling against the force of the wind. I have to use the gimbal tilt to bring it back up again. Is this normal? Does anybody else have this issue?

cheers
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know if you are on S-mode? We recommend that users fly the drone forward when the gimbal is facing downwards by 90 degrees as the gimbal's lower mechanical limiting angle is small, if you fly the drone backward when the gimbal is facing downwards by 90 degrees, the gimbal may hit the limiting part and the video will shake. To avoid that, the gimbal will automatically adjust its altitude and lift up. It also occurs when the drone flies forwards and brakes. If issue persists, try calibrating the gimbal on the app by clicking the 3 dots on the top right and then refer on the attachment below. Please try to refresh the firmware by using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

2018-10-25
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
Italy

I have the same issue in Positioning mode.
2018-10-25
Use props
lotinkSienkowsk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11650 ft
Poland

Hi all, I have similar problem with gimbal, maybe connected. I've flown mavic 2 pro in minimal wind (none to few kmph), yet still my gimbal did this: https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=GpZ-DYDDWfs . My m2p is 3 days old.
2018-10-25
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

I have the same issue with mine, it’s almost like its overcompensating trying to keep the camera level versus the angle of the drone flying. I notice it Most in sports mode. It’s definitely something that needs to be looked into as it can really mess up an action shot
2018-10-25
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

Also DJI this is not an issue with flying with the camera down 90 degrees. It happens when the camera is level and you fly forward in sports mode in moderate winds the camera shifts down on its own and screws up your video shots .  It either needs to be eliminated or the sensitivity adjusted so it just doesn’t jerk down on its own.
2018-10-25
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hello same problem
2018-10-30
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

When I put the camera at 30 degrees at the top and thrust the throttle forward the cemra tilt directly down and the same when I step back and I brake, the camera decends alone. I deactivate the limit dial at 30 degrees and I do not have this problem but I can not mount the camera all the way up to 30 degrees.I did everything, calibrate imu, reset etc but nothing done I am forced to fly by turning off the angle at 30 degrees.
2018-10-30
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

How to calibrate de cadran ? thank you so much
2018-10-30
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I've had the same experience with my M2P. Flying sideways in 8 m/s winds the gimbal went crazy. Pointing in all possible directions, seems like the gimbal just wasn't capable to handle it...
2018-10-30
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-10-30 12:53
I've had the same experience with my M2P. Flying sideways in 8 m/s winds the gimbal went crazy. Pointing in all possible directions, seems like the gimbal just wasn't capable to handle it...

What did you do to correct? I see on the internet that many people have this problem.Moi I efffectué 4 flights in all with the MP2 and it did not do it at the beginning, it's happen spontaneously.
Surely the firmware!
Thank you
2018-10-30
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

@dji pouvez vous nous donner la solution svp ?
2018-10-31
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-31
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

El Diablo Envoyé à 2018-10-31 03:52
J'ai posté une vidéo décrivant le même problème il y a quelques semaines, la mienne le fait aussi. il semble que c’était / était une «caractéristique» commune à Mavic pro en général. Il semble que les moteurs à cardan ne supportent pas facilement les vents violents lors d’une inclinaison prononcée, en particulier en mode Sport (ce qui est logique).

Ok, mais j'essaie sans vent et c'est le même problème, je ne peuxpas utiliser l'option 30 degrés !!
trouvez-vous une solution?
Je vous remercie
2018-10-31
Use props
Del2015
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, it definitely seems to be a lack of strength in the gimbal. Quite frustrating tbh.

Morda7583 - you'll need to translate what you're writing mate!
2018-10-31
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Del2015 Posted at 2018-10-31 14:23
Yeah, it definitely seems to be a lack of strength in the gimbal. Quite frustrating tbh.

Morda7583 - you'll need to translate what you're writing mate!

Ok, but I try without wind and it's the same problem, I can not use the 30 degree option !!
do you find a solution?
Thank you
2018-10-31
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-11-4
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

El Diablo Posted at 11-4 23:59
De rien  

je crois que Vous devez contacter le service de DJI, peut-être votre gimbal et défectueux... ites attention, ils ne parlent pas le français!

Thank you, they answered me and asked to send the drone for repair the drone has not even two weeks and 4 flights. Do you believe that I can send it without problem? thank you
2018-11-5
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-11-6
Use props
liondor1969
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49764 ft
Romania

Hallo group,i have the same problem on my new mavic 2 pro  after update for last firmware..100 procent the firmware is the problem
2018-11-7
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

liondor1969 Posted at 11-7 10:41
Hallo group,i have the same problem on my new mavic 2 pro  after update for last firmware..100 procent the firmware is the problem

Which version of firmware are you on?  "the latest" is a movable feast :-)
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I am waiting for hallmark to show up in this thread any minute to chastise you all and tell you there is nothing wrong with DJI products and its all in your head..
2018-11-7
Use props
liondor1969
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49764 ft
Romania

JAgraphics Posted at 11-7 14:19
Which version of firmware are you on?  "the latest" is a movable feast :-)

v01.00.01.00
2018-11-9
Use props
MoonBase
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone come to resolution with this? I have the same problem of when flying forward the camera view quickly jerks down 10 or 15 degrees. This has happened since I first purchased the Mavic 2 Pro and has continued thru the firmware updates. I'm currently running v01.00.03.00. I've tried recalibrated the gimbal and everything else as well. For me, this is not when the gimbal is facing down. The camera is facing forward. Thanks.
2019-2-12
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I have flown in heavy winds along the southern coast of the UK but have not (yet) experienced this problem.

Perhaps fit a lenshood. Whilst not preventing wind from the front it will substantially cut down on wind force from other angles.

I did a quick photo review previously.

I hope you guys will be able to sort the issue.
2019-2-14
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 2-14 00:09
I have flown in heavy winds along the southern coast of the UK but have not (yet) experienced this problem.

Perhaps fit a lenshood. Whilst not preventing wind from the front it will substantially cut down on wind force from other angles.

Thats actually a brilliant idea? normally the MP1 had the cover that could go over the gimbal but I didnt think of the lenshood as a solution.
2019-2-14
Use props
MoonBase
lvl.1

United States

I don't feel like this is a result of wind. When the gimbal jerks, it's a very mechanical jerk. I'll have to test further if it could be a result of wind over-powering the gimbal, but that doesn't seem likely in my situation.
2019-2-14
Use props
spasov_konstantin
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Spain

Guys, did you solve the problem?
I have the same issue with my brand new Mavic 2 pro.
I've already ruined tons of shot because of this bloody issue!!!!
2019-3-4
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

I have exactly the same issue but only in Sport mode
2019-3-4
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-14 00:43
Thats actually a brilliant idea? normally the MP1 had the cover that could go over the gimbal but I didnt think of the lenshood as a solution.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-180611-1-1.html
2019-3-4
Use props
EnricoBrun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Gimbal behaviors in the standard! Also I managed the problem and did a lot of research on the problem, but what the problem is NOT! Simply the drone when acquiring too beaten trims automatically corrects the cam to not let it come across the end of the gimbal!
2019-3-4
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 3-4 10:37
Gimbal behaviors in the standard! Also I managed the problem and did a lot of research on the problem, but what the problem is NOT! Simply the drone when acquiring too beaten trims automatically corrects the cam to not let it come across the end of the gimbal!

I understand that English is not your native language (neither ii is mine) but you friend, make absolutely no sense... are you using Google translator?
2019-3-4
Use props
EnricoBrun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

El Diabolico Posted at 3-4 23:44
I understand that English is not your native language (neither ii is mine) but you friend, make absolutely no sense... are you using Google translator?

I simply said that these anomalous behavior of the gimbal are due to the sudden attitude of the aircraft! They are normal bro !!!
2019-3-5
Use props
Roman939
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369974 ft
Russia

2019-3-8
Use props
Roman939
lvl.3
Russia

2019-3-8
Use props
Roman939
lvl.3
Russia

Guys how to solve this problem! I'm disappointed in DJI
2019-3-8
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
United Kingdom

Roman939 Posted at 3-8 21:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soqdx0B2Hnc

I think there's little doubt that is a faulty gimbal.

Raise a ticket with DJI if you haven't done so already.
2019-3-9
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try to Start up de drone, holding the drone upside down or sideways and after that do camera callibration. That worked before with the phantom 4
2019-3-9
Use props
Roman939
lvl.3
Russia

DJI doesn't want to help since I'm in Russia and the drone bought in China! Tech support say go to China and fix up there!
2019-3-9
Use props
Roman939
lvl.3
Russia

dronie1965 опубликовано 3-9 00: 31
Попробуйте запустить дрон, держа дрон вверх дном или боком и после этого сделать каллибрацию камеры. Что раньше работало с phantom 4

Мы должны попробовать!!! Если это поможет, это будет чудо!!! это все еще не работает!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2019-3-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules