Issue with technical support
685 7 2018-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans73aa7fce
New
United States

I got a spark with additional battery. just hovering in the house spark does not last more than 10 mins. send it back and its been a week now and technical support cannt give a answer about the update other than " give us 24 to 48 hrs to hear from us"
really frusturated and very dissapointed.

2018-10-25
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

They used that same song-and-dance with me. Next they will tell you 5 business days. Nothing happens then either.
2018-10-25
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

In Europe its fast.. The mail services takes most of the time..
2018-10-25
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

You might be getting the runaround from DJI because there is nothing wrong with your Spark. Ten minutes of flying time is normal, especially if you're just hovering. The official rating of 16 minutes is only under ideal conditions.
2018-10-25
Use props
fans73aa7fce
New
United States

@Prairie Chicken.
so 10 min just hovering in the living room without taking pic nor video is OK?. if you take it out and fly it with video, it will reduce to 5 mins with the variables involved?.
and you calling that acceptable?. the personals i have read and known confirm that their spark gives them 15 mins of outside flight time.
2018-10-25
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

I just looked over my logs, I run about a 12 min average per flight.  I have five batteries all producing the same results. Only once in a little over a year / 142 flights I achieved a 15min flight time.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, we are terribly sorry for the delay of the replacement process, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the package has arrived in the facility but not been checked-in the system yet, we have escalated your frustration to the appropriate department to check what happened, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

fans73aa7fce Posted at 2018-10-25 10:46
@Prairie Chicken.
so 10 min just hovering in the living room without taking pic nor video is OK?. if you take it out and fly it with video, it will reduce to 5 mins with the variables involved?.
and you calling that acceptable?. the personals i have read and known confirm that their spark gives them 15 mins of outside flight time.

It actually uses more battery power just hovering in one spot. If you took it out and flew it around you would probably see around 12-14 minutes of time or so unless you are going in to the wind. This is due to ETL (Effective Translational Lift). It is the same thing that makes Helicopters more efficient in fuel consumption while in motion. They use more fuel quicker just hovering in one spot
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules