1364 12 2018-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2d2580d0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2770669 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, anybody else have a new Mavic 2 Pro that has a mind of it's own?
I've had mine for just under a month. It's my backup and fun drone as the Inspire 2 is my primary drone.

Anyways, I had it out today just for a quick flight and decided to use the Hyperlapse courselock intelligent flight mode. It was halfway through the flight when it stopped and said "synchronizing video". It sat there for about 20 seconds and then did three complete backflips before smashing into the ground.
Bent the gimbal up and cracked one of the legs on the front arms, but other than that faired surprisingly well.

It's been acting weird every since I did the latest update. I had it out a few times yesterday and today before the crash and both times in the middle of just a regular flight, the video feed would cut out and it would then switch to its backup IMU. I've never had that happen, not even on my Inspire 2.
Obviously before flying it again, I rebooted everything and it all seemed fine.

Anyways, I opened a repair case (CAS-2386417-W9X2S8) and I'm hoping DJI doesn't try to wiggle their way out of fixing this completely or replacing it as it is less a month old.
If anyone form DJI sees this, can you please look into it? This is unaccetable for such an advanced drone.
Now I'm going to be paranoid that this will happen on my I2. Not that I ever use the intelligent flight modes on it, but still...
2018-10-25
Use props
vpvideo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Also, I purchased it from my local DJI dealer. Before I send it in to DJI, should I just take it back to the actual dealer? Will I have better luck?
Thanks!
2018-10-25
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I have my M2P for a month now and did not try yet any of Hyperlapse Mode. After reading this I'm a bit scare to do that Hope your drone get free replace.
2018-10-25
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

vpvideo Posted at 2018-10-25 11:21
Also, I purchased it from my local DJI dealer. Before I send it in to DJI, should I just take it back to the actual dealer? Will I have better luck?
Thanks!

You better wait for reply on your case from dji. Dealer usually waits for instruction from dji and follows the procedure.

When my friend had gimbal issue on M1P, he went to the dealer shop. They suggest to contact dji. After dji replayed to my friend. Shop just took drone and gave new box. Same scenario might be in your case.
2018-10-25
Use props
vpvideo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

e1darie1 Posted at 2018-10-25 11:33
You better wait for reply on your case from dji. Dealer usually waits for instruction from dji and follows the procedure.

When my friend had gimbal issue on M1P, he went to the dealer shop. They suggest to contact dji. After dji replayed to my friend. Shop just took drone and gave new box. Same scenario might be in your case.

That makes sense. I think I’ll reach out to the dealer so that he’s aware and see if he has any recommendations.

I’ve always been a bit skeptical of the automated flight modes and don’t use them much. But this was a super simple straight line while taking pictures every two seconds. What could go wrong...
That said, I’m still guessing that this was a software issue originating from the latest update and not just a flight mode issue. But hopefully I’ll find out for sure.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Stuart. I'm sorry to read about what happened to your Mavic 2 Pro, and thank you for the case number I was able to get your information. Upon checking on your case, we haven't received the unit yet. I strongly suggest to send it in at your most convenience and we will evaluate the drone first to see if it is a warranty case.
2018-10-25
Use props
djiuser_dfgVeF80tbB8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13396 ft
United States

vpvideo Posted at 2018-10-25 11:21
Thanks!

I had the exact same thing happen to my m2 with less than 45 minutes ft on it...needless to say dji took no responsibility for it
2018-10-25
Use props
djiuser_dfgVeF80tbB8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13396 ft
United States

I had the exact same thing happen to my m2p with less than 45 min flight time ...needless to say DJI took no responsibility  for it ,so I now have a 1500$ paperweight. ..thanks for the suport DJI....NEVER AGAIN
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_dfgVeF80tbB8 Posted at 2018-10-25 17:44
I had the exact same thing happen to my m2p with less than 45 min flight time ...needless to say DJI took no responsibility  for it ,so I now have a 1500$ paperweight. ..thanks for the suport DJI....NEVER AGAIN

Hello there, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product and customer service, could you please provide us the case number so that we can check what happened for further support? Thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
vpvideo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-25 14:46
Hi Stuart. I'm sorry to read about what happened to your Mavic 2 Pro, and thank you for the case number I was able to get your information. Upon checking on your case, we haven't received the unit yet. I strongly suggest to send it in at your most convenience and we will evaluate the drone first to see if it is a warranty case.

Thank you, it just happened yesterday so it hasn't shipped yet. I will be sending it out today.
At the time of the crash it had 75% battery left and 13 satellites. It was also just hovering when it decided to flip.
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

vpvideo Posted at 2018-10-26 05:13
Thank you, it just happened yesterday so it hasn't shipped yet. I will be sending it out today.
At the time of the crash it had 75% battery left and 13 satellites. It was also just hovering when it decided to flip.

Thanks for confirming, Stuart. Once received, the local team will assess the unit and see what went wrong and what caused the incident and will let you know about it. Please let us know if you need further help in the process. Hope you'll be back in the air soon!
2018-10-26
Use props
vpvideo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 10-26 11:17
Thanks for confirming, Stuart. Once received, the local team will assess the unit and see what went wrong and what caused the incident and will let you know about it. Please let us know if you need further help in the process. Hope you'll be back in the air soon!

Well, I just received an update yesterday after they assessed the damage and DJI is repairing it under warranty, no questions asked. Much easier then I was expecting.

One question for DJI though, I’m assuming it’s being repaired and not replaced. So, how do I know it’s not going to do the same thing again in a few weeks are months?
If I receive the same one back then I’m going to be super nervous every time I fly it.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

vpvideo Posted at 11-8 05:57
Well, I just received an update yesterday after they assessed the damage and DJI is repairing it under warranty, no questions asked. Much easier then I was expecting.

One question for DJI though, I’m assuming it’s being repaired and not replaced. So, how do I know it’s not going to do the same thing again in a few weeks are months?

I'm glad the case was tagged as warranty service. Please note that products and components sent for repair may be replaced if it is not repairable. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers.
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules