1185 2 2018-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
X4Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 606831 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hello, would like to get some ideas and some user knowledge about shooting with OSMO+ using DLOG or Cinelike for PostProcess. Witch is best? settings for Sharp/contrast?
Thanks

2018-10-25
Use props
Sharky1
lvl.2
United States

I think you saw my post along these lines, but here.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1596367

I am also finding that for radical changing or long takes in different situations I am shooting with Shutter Priority 1/50th and let the ISO walk up and down.  My Polar Pro ND8CP keeps noon daylight ISO from 100-200 usually.   If i’m working in shadows more I switch to different less ND filter.. maybe just polarizer to keep ISO below 400.   I find D-LOG with contrast -3 (lowest) and sharpeness -2  is good. (Sharpen in post)  grade in post obviously and the Polar Pro Luts for $29 are pretty good if you don’t know much about grading it will get you close for cheap.  Most Luts out there I think are awful.    Also have histogram ON as well as Zebra’s over expose.  Anything over exposed on the Osmo is lost and unrecoverable.   I find the exposure of the scene should be in the three middle bars. (4 middle lines).  I did some tests and then ignored Cine like.. However I didn’t play with it much.  Try both, but defiantly drop contrast to -3.   Record as much dynamic range as possible.   In post you can just increase contrast and sharpness back up to where you like it from Cinelike with max contrast reduction in camera and otherwise avoid grading.  You will get more out of D-Log though.  I hope that helps.  And if shooting 24p or 25p.  You really really want some ND filters and probably some NDCP filters.   I usually end up around ND8.  I bought more ND like ND32 and ND64 and I can’t for the life of me figure out when I would ever need them.    Oh well.   Hope that helps a little.
2018-10-29
Use props
X4Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 606831 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Sharky1 Posted at 2018-10-29 06:13
I think you saw my post along these lines, but here.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=162027&page=1#pid1596367

I am also finding that for radical changing or long takes in different situations I am shooting with Shutter Priority 1/50th and let the ISO walk up and down.  My Polar Pro ND8CP keeps noon daylight ISO from 100-200 usually.   If i’m working in shadows more I switch to different less ND filter.. maybe just polarizer to keep ISO below 400.   I find D-LOG with contrast -3 (lowest) and sharpeness -2  is good. (Sharpen in post)  grade in post obviously and the Polar Pro Luts for $29 are pretty good if you don’t know much about grading it will get you close for cheap.  Most Luts out there I think are awful.    Also have histogram ON as well as Zebra’s over expose.  Anything over exposed on the Osmo is lost and unrecoverable.   I find the exposure of the scene should be in the three middle bars. (4 middle lines).  I did some tests and then ignored Cine like.. However I didn’t play with it much.  Try both, but defiantly drop contrast to -3.   Record as much dynamic range as possible.   In post you can just increase contrast and sharpness back up to where you like it from Cinelike with max contrast reduction in camera and otherwise avoid grading.  You will get more out of D-Log though.  I hope that helps.  And if shooting 24p or 25p.  You really really want some ND filters and probably some NDCP filters.   I usually end up around ND8.  I bought more ND like ND32 and ND64 and I can’t for the life of me figure out when I would ever need them.    Oh well.   Hope that helps a little.

Really apreciate your help, really important to me.
Defenily will do what you saying and give it a try, im sure will be answome, really apreciate once again.  think i will buy filters for my osmo. do you have problems with inifitive focus?

Thanks once again.
FF
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules