Mavic air Crash amazing how this drone is Solid and Robust ! love it
2526 24 2018-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 743287 ft
Mauritius

My 1st Crash Ever since i fly drone.  Stupid, Amazing and Funny at the same time lol

i also posted 2 photos.  Photo of mavic air after crash and photo of mavic air after crash and after we changed the props lol

Hello everyone I did that video to share my experience, observation and precaution to take when using the Mavic Air under trees and hope that this can help some of you.

History

We were on our way to shoot for some running footage under trees and on top of the trees.  What happen was that we take off then we lost connection of remote to mobile phone a cable issue.  While the phone was disconnected we tried to take off the cable and connect it again but no result.  We accidentally switch off the remote lol most stupid thing to do hahaha it was just a habit we had before taking off the drone if not connected we use to switch remote off and switch on get it connected to phone then take off.  This time habit took over while de drone was hovering we switched of the remote and turn it on.  Lol what happen was then switched the remote off the drone immediately return to home.  It started to gain altitude and get into the branches before that the remote can connect again to the drone.  

The only thing we was able to do when the drone went into the trees branches was to look at it.  We were more amazed than afraid and anxious.  Why because the way the drone keeps on flying between the branches was amazing lol it went into the branches lost altitude and then fly again into them and finally fall down.  I think that it was because the props got damaged.  

The drone fall down we switch it off.  All the props was damaged but the amazing this were no big stretch on the drone all prop motors was in perfect condition, and the gimbal was also in perfect condition not a single damage to the drone.

We replaced the props, by precaution did an IMU calibration and Compass Calibration then then take off the drone again.  It took of normally, no vibration nothing. We take off.  We did some flight test up the sugar cane field where there is no risk of injury if it fall now and amazing if fly awesome.  We did normal fly then sports mode everting was fully functional.  After testing we change battery and start shooting the running video.  Amazing everything worked perfect and after the crash we shoot many other video without any issue.  This drone is amazing.

I would like to thank dji for providing such quality and solid drone.  You are amazing !!! love it

Now precaution to take to avoid stupid crash lol

1.  Always make sure that your remote and phone have a solid connection by moving the phone a little to see if it get disconnected from the mobile.

2.  If mobile get disconnect do not switch off the remote.  If the done is near to you flying over trees just land it if the done is far do RTH if not flying under trees

3.  When take off make sure that you do it in an open and clear area so that when RTH its land on a clear space.

4.  If shooting under trees and the remote disconnect from the phone.  Just land the drone and don’t attempts stupid thing like we did loool

5.  After landing the drone, exit dji go app and reconnect cable and make sure that you wont lost connection between remote and phone before taking off hihih …

Have fun and always make sure that if shooting under trees that there are no people around to avoid any injuries as we did … we took precaution to make sure that there was no one around before we took of hihi

Big kiss to everyone hope that this experience might help some of you hihihihihih

Photo of Mavic Air After Crash

Photo of Mavic Air After Crash

Photo of mavic air After Crash After Changing props

Photo of mavic air After Crash After Changing props
2018-10-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to see your bird survived
2018-10-26
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

Woe Posted at 2018-10-26 04:14
Glad to see your bird survived

Hihihi thank you am very glad too
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Ranini, thanks for sharing your latest experience with your Mavic Air. Good to hear that it's still working.  Have a safe flight always.  
2018-10-26
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-26 04:27
Hi Ranini, thanks for sharing your latest experience with your Mavic Air. Good to hear that it's still working.  Have a safe flight always.

Thank you am glad that its still working too
2018-10-26
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

It is an amazing machine. Thanks for sharing
2018-10-26
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

Sky Carrier Posted at 2018-10-26 06:51
It is an amazing machine. Thanks for sharing

thank a lot to you too
2018-10-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Good to see all is well
2018-10-26
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

Suren Posted at 2018-10-26 09:49
Good to see all is well

Hihi thanks a lot
2018-10-26
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Ranini,
Thanks for sharing your mishap and the list of precautions that we all should remember to avoid a crash.
I must say those trees did make a beautiful shot for your video. Up until you hit the branches.
right back at you.
Fly safe.
2018-10-26
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

B1houdini Posted at 2018-10-26 12:51
Ranini,
Thanks for sharing your mishap and the list of precautions that we all should remember to avoid a crash.
I must say those trees did make a beautiful shot for your video. Up until you hit the branches.

Thank you very much hihihi,  Yes the trees are very beautiful.  i was very lucky to be able to carry on the shooting after replacing the damage props hihi ..  
the shot after the crash i was really lucky hihihi  

2018-10-26
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Ranini Posted at 2018-10-26 13:18
Thank you very much hihihi,  Yes the trees are very beautiful.  i was very lucky to be able to carry on the shooting after replacing the damage props hihi ..  
the shot after the crash i was really lucky hihihi  

The trees were beautiful but they don't compare with the beauty of the runner.
Thanks for sharing the after crash.
2018-10-27
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

B1houdini Posted at 2018-10-27 07:45
The trees were beautiful but they don't compare with the beauty of the runner.
Thanks for sharing the after crash.

hihihihhi  
2018-10-28
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nearly missed this clip Ranini. I know exactly how you felt when the branches jump out in front of you.
By the way when are you getting a car? I reckon watching all that running tires me out
2018-12-25
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

sky wombat Posted at 2018-12-25 19:46
Nearly missed this clip Ranini. I know exactly how you felt when the branches jump out in front of you.
By the way when are you getting a car? I reckon watching all that running tires me out

hihihi yes, lol .. for the car not sure ... ill do same as i did to the drone hahahahahaha
2019-1-21
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Yea. Mavic needs hardened steel prop blades for pruning operations (also to take care of pesky birds) .
Can't see DJI offering that option real soon though.
At least you survived and learnt something
2019-1-21
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

Boffin Posted at 1-21 02:09
Yea. Mavic needs hardened steel prop blades for pruning operations (also to take care of pesky birds) .
Can't see DJI offering that option real soon though.
At least you survived and learnt something

yes survive and lean that not take off under trees lol but what i can say Mavic Air very solid
2019-1-23
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

There pretty tuff
2019-1-24
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Now if DJI could issue reverse pitch propellers and re-program the IMU with an inverted flight software button then we could use our Mavic's to trim the lawn Inverted Flight

This would be a very cool party trick, although take-off might be a problem
2019-1-24
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Mauritius

Boffin Posted at 1-24 17:34
Now if DJI could issue reverse pitch propellers and re-program the IMU with an inverted flight software button then we could use our Mavic's to trim the lawn Inverted Flight

This would be a very cool party trick, although take-off might be a problem

Would be awesome but I think that a little top object detection sensor would be great
Maybe Mavic Air 2 will be equipped with front, back side, bottom and top sensors.  Would be awesome
2019-1-28
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4

yes they are really tuff and solid hihihi
2019-9-14
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft

Ranini, your drone came through that well, you were lucky.  But - thanks for sharing your adventure with us.
2019-9-15
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4

survived you did
2019-9-15
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4

yes hihi it survived hihihi
2019-9-18
Use props
masshuu
lvl.1

it's fantastic eh! i crashed 3 times today, accidently of course, once was into me, once into a bush behind me directly after, now i'm covered in spikes from said bush(no satellites, new lesson). but still going strong, the drone that is!
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules