Remote controller error
3032 4 2018-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_j5837iOuMGun
lvl.1
United States

I got my dji phantom pro v2.0 about a week ago. The other when i was flying a warning came up and said remote controller error and the video feed froze. It was far enough out that i couldn't see the drone. I thought i lost it for good. I powered off and back on the remote and it reconnected and was able to fly it back to me. I really thought i was going to lose 1500 dollars. My question is what caused this and how can i prevent me from having another heart attack.
2018-10-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The flight log may or may not give a clue.        http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/       Come back and post the link.
2018-10-26
Use props
Billsharp34
lvl.1
United States

I already looked at it and its fine
2018-10-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

No reason to panic.  Next time, invoke RTH from your controller, then don't touch the sticks and calmly wait until you see it approaching.  You can then cancel RTH and land it manually.  

If you're super worried, turn your controller completely off and wait.  That's the foolproof method.  It has to come home.  When you see it, turn your controller back on.  Cancel RTH and land it manually.

If the controller stopped working for some odd reason or isn't working correctly, turning it off will bring your drone home.  It'll autoland at the home point.  

Good luck.

2018-10-26
Use props
M1 97103
lvl.1
Flight distance : 849925 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Pro same thing today. I could not regain anything until I restarted the controler. It started home after loosing the connection
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules