Nucleus-M with Ronin S power solution?
10073 16 2018-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin89
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI,
I'm thinking about buying a Nucleus-M with my Ronin S, does anyone knows what kind of cable will properly power the focus motor via gimbal?
(I heard Tilta's upcoming updates will allow you to power the motor by plugging into the handle grip. But it seems better if you can supply the power from the gimbal itself.)

2018-10-27
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm hoping they'll supply the cable.
2018-10-28
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wisdom Tooth Posted at 2018-10-28 05:07
I'm hoping they'll supply the cable.

Oops, thought you meant Nucleus-N.
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Kevin, we will release DJI Focus Motor Lite soon, it is recommended to purchase our own Focus Motor to ensure the performance. Thanks for your interest.
2018-10-28
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

this is your diy fix      https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1686037
2018-12-19
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

Read the comments with official answers to your question on this video: youtube.com/watch?v=jDBNQfEkbko
Official: 'The ronin-s comes with a 5V mirco USB to DJI's proprietary gimbal connection port. This allows the nano motor to pull power from the Ronin-s gimbal body.'
Nucleus M might have a different port though.. please double check.

But I would hold out for the DJI.. ok you dont have wireless.. but most likely you can save movements along with focus pull data in the app when it comes all from one manufacturer.
Here is a review on the DJI one (since I posted also the competitor it's fair): youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-owcqxl9Q

2018-12-27
Use props
chrisfulcru
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-28 22:53
Hi Kevin, we will release DJI Focus Motor Lite soon, it is recommended to purchase our own Focus Motor to ensure the performance. Thanks for your interest.

I have the DJI motor. Is there a way to control it wirelessly like the tilta nucleus? Otherwise it’s not really a solution
2019-1-15
Use props
Quentin_Brend
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361667 ft
United States

chrisfulcru Posted at 1-15 16:26
I have the DJI motor. Is there a way to control it wirelessly like the tilta nucleus? Otherwise it’s not really a solution

I'm wondering the exact same thing.  Are we going to be able to disconnect the focus wheel somehow?
Other wise the Nucleus N is looking pretty nice...
2019-1-15
Use props
Kwan
lvl.3
United States

Here is the solution...
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chrisfulcru Posted at 1-15 16:26

Hi chrisfulcru, currently, the Focus Motor will need to be controlled by the Focus Wheel after powering on the Ronin-S, your need will be forwarded to our engineers, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-16
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

Kwan Posted at 1-15 19:17
Here is the solution...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWu6WPumV4s&t=36s

This setup is great.. Thank you for posting this!!
2019-1-16
Use props
Quentin_Brend
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-16 03:01
Hi chrisfulcru, currently, the Focus Motor will need to be controlled by the Focus Wheel after powering on the Ronin-S, your need will be forwarded to our engineers, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It would be fairly easy to make a 20ft cable for the follow focus. Sure it wouldn't work for everything, but you guys advertise this to be able to use on a car rig or jib, it would work perfectly for that...
2019-1-16
Use props
chrisfulcru
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-16 03:01
Hi chrisfulcru, currently, the Focus Motor will need to be controlled by the Focus Wheel after powering on the Ronin-S, your need will be forwarded to our engineers, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

hi Mindy, can you tell someone there to start selling a female D-tap cable for the ronin-s? That would basically solve a ton of these problems.
2019-1-16
Use props
chrisfulcru
lvl.1
United States

Quentin_Brend Posted at 1-15 18:23
I'm wondering the exact same thing.  Are we going to be able to disconnect the focus wheel somehow?
Other wise the Nucleus N is looking pretty nice...
The nucleus nano comes with a cable for powering the motor off of the ronin-S. Just picked it up today and was surprised to see that cable included. And since the nano motor is compatible with the nucleus-M, you can drive it with those controls.
4A1A1661-4EBB-4A4C-98E1-4281ABC45DDE.jpeg
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Quentin_Brend Posted at 1-16 14:58
It would be fairly easy to make a 20ft cable for the follow focus. Sure it wouldn't work for everything, but you guys advertise this to be able to use on a car rig or jib, it would work perfectly for that...

Hi Quentin_Brend, your suggestion has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, please note the future update, thank you.
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chrisfulcru Posted at 1-16 19:51
hi Mindy, can you tell someone there to start selling a female D-tap cable for the ronin-s? That would basically solve a ton of these problems.

Yes, your suggestion has been transferred, appreciate your attention and feedback.
2019-1-18
Use props
Quentin_Brend
lvl.1
United States

chrisfulcru Posted at 1-17 13:35
The nucleus nano comes with a cable for powering the motor off of the ronin-S. Just picked it up today and was surprised to see that cable included. And since the nano motor is compatible with the nucleus-M, you can drive it with those controls.

Looks like an awesome setup! Did you have to get that 15mm rod separate, or did it come with the Nucleus N?
2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules