Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A lot of moiree
1954 12 2018-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello

I am experiencing a lot of moiree in my video footage

I shoot 4k 25fps hq or fov
Sharpness setting 0
And i use nd filters, also without filter i notice sometimes moiree

Especially when filming landscape( flat landscap with a lot of small watercanals) from higher altitude , i  see often moiree in the distance . From a distance these watercanals become lines which are dancing a little bit.

Is there a sollution for this or can that be solved with an fw update from dji?
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi dronybaloney, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your video footage. Would it be possible to provide us a sample footage? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-28
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-28 03:25
Hi dronybaloney, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your video footage. Would it be possible to provide us a sample footage? We're here to help you. Thank you.

I am sorry i deleted the samples but i think some other mavic 2 users have sometimes the same issue. When i played the footage on macbook it sometimes showed these dancing lines . I think it as got to do with the sharpness. I figured out that you can add 1 % gaussian blur to it in post via final cut pro that will eliminate it a bit. But i am not sure if we just have to live with that  moire/aliasing occurs or if this can prevented with some firmware update?
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-10-28 03:33
I am sorry i deleted the samples but i think some other mavic 2 users have sometimes the same issue. When i played the footage on macbook it sometimes showed these dancing lines . I think it as got to do with the sharpness. I figured out that you can add 1 % gaussian blur to it in post via final cut pro that will eliminate it a bit. But i am not sure if we just have to live with that  moire/aliasing occurs or if this can prevented with some firmware update?

Hi, we don't have an information yet of this can be removed on the next firmware update. Any firmware updates and release notes will be posted here in the Forum or our website. Your patience is highly valued. Thank you.
2018-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It seems strange, that you have it in both modes.
Since the 'narrower' one should be 1:1 from the sensor.
2018-10-28
Use props
eyecapture
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

You're viewing on a Macbook. That means you're not viewing it as 4k. You're viewing a scaled down image. Of course that will introduce aliasing. I'm sure the "moiree" you're seeing will disappear if you actually view it 1:1 on a 4k screen.
2018-10-28
Use props
Crio
Captain
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United States

eyecapture Posted at 2018-10-28 10:59
You're viewing on a Macbook. That means you're not viewing it as 4k. You're viewing a scaled down image. Of course that will introduce aliasing. I'm sure the "moiree" you're seeing will disappear if you actually view it 1:1 on a 4k screen.

I can see it on my 4K display both stills and videos...
I think there's no aa filter on that camera or its really weak.

Not a biggest issue for me but its there  
2018-10-30
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Does somebody know hw to get rid of aliasing ? Is filming in 2.7 k 50fps get rid of it or at least reduce it?  I am filming now 4k hq 25 fps and edit the footage in fcpx. Then i burn it on blu ray dvd , play it in playstation 4 and watch on hd lg television. But when flyung i already notice some dancing lines on my iphone 7 plus. How to get rid of it? Intried sharpness -3, but then its much more blurry
2018-11-1
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RE:Aliasing (often)

Here is an example of aliasing , it really screws up a lot of footage.
shooting 4k hq 25fps /// sharpness 0  ( even tried -3, but then the image is not nice anyway).

also in 2.7k 50fps is same

What can i do about this or does dji has to come with a fw update to fix this, or we just have to live with it,  its really annoying.

2018-11-2
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-28 03:25

Hello dji gamora,
Please see example and please advise how to avoid this aliasing
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dronybaloney Posted at 11-2 10:10
Hello dji gamora,
Please see example and please advise how to avoid this aliasing

Hi, have you tried changing to a different angle or try using ND filters. Thank you.
2018-11-3
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-3 01:02
Hi, have you tried changing to a different angle or try using ND filters. Thank you.

Yes i used the dji nd filters but no solution.
Do any filters excist to get rid of aliasing?
Maybe polarisation filters or any other types?
2018-11-3
Use props
David0439
Spain

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JyBVpKaFzz9cL3FYtZvyoN_c4tbh_sp7

In the example moiré with filter ND 8
2019-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules