Will M2P get true 4K in the future or not?
3343 49 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-11-9
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't upload this document on this forum, but here is a link for you: Perception is everything!
This document evaluates the differences between the M2P and P4P video quality. Maybe we can go on to more important things after that.
2018-11-9
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

roamer105 Posted at 11-9 13:51
I can't upload this document on this forum, but here is a link for you: Perception is everything!
This document evaluates the differences between the M2P and P4P video quality. Maybe we can go on to more important things after that.

I’m unable to view the link.  It seems that I need an account, and be logged in. Is there any other way of viewing the article/video.  Are you able to copy and paste?
2018-11-10
Use props
Sky_Pictures
lvl.1

Sweden

Now that it is confirmed the M2P does not use an Ambarella H3 SoC but a cheap chip from 'Allwinner' that cannot handle the full 1-inch sensor in video, and is a big downgrade from the H1 chip in P4P and the A9 in Mavic Pro 1, it is not so strange that this problem exists. And the question is answered. There will never be a full 4K FOV mode on the M2P.

/thread
2018-11-19
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Sky_Pictures Posted at 11-19 03:15
Now that it is confirmed the M2P does not use an Ambarella H3 SoC but a cheap chip from 'Allwinner' that cannot handle the full 1-inch sensor in video, and is a big downgrade from the H1 chip in P4P and the A9 in Mavic Pro 1, it is not so strange that this problem exists. And the question is answered. There will never be a full 4K FOV mode on the M2P.

/thread

Where is that "confirmed"?
2018-11-19
Use props
Sky_Pictures
lvl.1

Sweden

DanielVieira Posted at 11-19 04:18
Where is that "confirmed"?

DJI reps have confirmed the SoC is not from Ambarella, and devs from hacking group NoLimitDronez have said the chip is from Allwinner, based on teardowns and firmware
2018-11-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sky_Pictures Posted at 11-19 05:17
DJI reps have confirmed the SoC is not from Ambarella, and devs from hacking group NoLimitDronez have said the chip is from Allwinner, based on teardowns and firmware

"DJI reps have confirmed the SoC is not from Ambarella"

Can you provide a link to an example where DJI have confirmed Ambarella is not used in the Mavic 2 Pro ?
2018-11-19
Use props
Sky_Pictures
lvl.1

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 11-19 05:55
"DJI reps have confirmed the SoC is not from Ambarella"

Can you provide a link to an example where DJI have confirmed Ambarella is not used in the Mavic 2 Pro ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... age174#post40237744

See post by DJI Enterprise rep Blade strike:

Pictures are not even affected by this so called video issue people are talking about. I think many are confused about this entire process and are now making it appear worse than it even is.. Just like people think ambarella soc is used, they are 100% wrong.

As mad said, if you’re seeing downlink degradation something else is wrong like radio noise.. the fine loss in detail that some are complaining about is only noticeable at 400%+ and only with some patterns!
2018-11-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sky_Pictures Posted at 11-19 06:10
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3123879-Official-DJI-Mavic-2-%2A%2A%2AOwner-Thread%2A%2A%2A/page174#post40237744

See post by DJI Enterprise rep Blade strike:

Thanks for the link, interesting to see as well in that thread, that there seems to be little notice being given to the apparent 4k problems reported by some.
2018-11-19
Use props
Sky_Pictures
lvl.1

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 11-19 06:26
Thanks for the link, interesting to see as well in that thread, that there seems to be little notice being given to the apparent 4k problems reported by some.

Agree. I think the issue is not that the M2P is a bad product, it is not. Rather that it is less good than it could have been with a better SoC. It could have been phenomenal, and considering the price, it should be.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules