o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13565328 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear forum,

After be for a long period in the beach, I found necessary the following gear:

• Plenty of micro sd cards ideally 64 GB: About six or more.
  • USB C cable and laptop with DJI assistant app installed aand updated. Strong winds constantly affect all vision sensors.
  • Spare propellers, at least two sets.
  • Spare ligthing to micro USB cable

Please, let me know in the comments what elese is essential.

Have all a safe flight,

VIDJCB
2018-10-28
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ND filters you can never know what the sun is gonna be like! And maybe and air duster can and lens cleaner is near sand
2018-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If your taking a laptop , no real need for 6x sd cards, extra battery packs to charge your phone or use the ends of used drone batteries, for the beach a landing pad is needed, if your spending a long time at the beach you should wipe down your drone with a damp cloth after use.
2018-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If your taking a laptop , no real need for 6x sd cards, extra battery packs to charge your phone or use the ends of used drone batteries, for the beach a landing pad is needed, if your spending a long time at the beach you should wipe down your drone with a damp cloth after use.
2018-10-28
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-28 10:50

The laptops is for us to re-calibrate the vision systems. It happens to me last time at the point I totally lost control of the drone and worst, It cannot automatically landed because "the conditions to land were not safe". I was 10 feet away from the beach. Fortunately resetting the RC I managed to land the aircraft.

Very important having a damp cloth. Thanks for suggesting it
2018-10-28
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-10-28 10:26
ND filters you can never know what the sun is gonna be like! And maybe and air duster can and lens cleaner is near sand

Good point. Pretty much as when we are using DSLRs
2018-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I like to take as little with me as possible (and that is way too much every time).
But for my drone bag I actually only take the Fly More Combo with 4x 32Gb card.
At first I also brought ND filters and a sun hood, but they stayed in the bag all the time, so I leave them home lately.
2018-10-28
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-10-28 11:03
I like to take as little with me as possible (and that is way too much every time).
But for my drone bag I actually only take the Fly More Combo with 4x 32Gb card.
At first I also brought ND filters and a sun hood, but they stayed in the bag all the time, so I leave them home lately.

I also have the fly more combo but I consider that bag a bit cumbersome. So, I generally use a medium back pack. But I totally agree with you: The more you take, like extra cables for the same purpose, the most equipped you be in case of emergency.
2018-10-28
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vidjcb Posted at 2018-10-28 11:01

yep ND filters for me since i started using them i always chose poorly to start and now do a quick check before we take off overcast doesnt mean its not bright!
2018-10-28
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vidjcb Posted at 2018-10-28 11:01

yep ND filters for me since i started using them i always chose poorly to start and now do a quick check before we take off overcast doesn't mean its not bright!
2018-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Vidjcb Posted at 2018-10-28 11:11
I also have the fly more combo but I consider that bag a bit cumbersome. So, I generally use a medium back pack. But I totally agree with you: The more you take, like extra cables for the same purpose, the most equipped you be in case of emergency.

At first I found that bag strange also, but after some time I grew to like it.
Everything fits exactly.
No space is wasted.
So I like it after all.
As small as it gets.
2 batteries in the outside pockets and I'm good to go.
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation to add up on your list from our valued customers. Please have a safe flight and don't hesitate if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-28
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-28 14:21
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation to add up on your list from our valued customers. Please have a safe flight and don't hesitate if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.

Hello DJ Tony,

Yes indeed! The best of this forum are the members.
2018-10-29
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

While not essential, I find one of these handy to keep the phone and r/c topped up when away from regular power sources Solar Brick along with plenty of spare drone batteries
2018-10-29
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 10-29 01:14
While not essential, I find one of these handy to keep the phone and r/c topped up when away from regular power sources Solar Brick along with plenty of spare drone batteries

Hey thanks for commenting. Yes, having fully charged all devices is something so important especially being in remote places.
2018-11-1
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

What is essential for me:
Hiking trip
Three batteries
Two 64gb SD cards
One set spare props
One RC to phone cable
ND filters

And when I travel I add
6 to 1 charger
Car charger
One more spare props
Edit: Laptop

That's all
2018-11-1
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rurre Posted at 11-1 06:13
What is essential for me:
Hiking trip
Three batteries

Well thanks but just two SD cards? You may prefer recording full HD vs 4 K
2018-11-4
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

Yes l agree with Schmooit
2018-11-4
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too take several SD cards but find the 64GB's pretty good value and handy to swap out, the M2P has onboard now so that also helps if I get caught out. That said Ive not yet managed to fill a 64GB whilst out with the combo pack, I did fill a 32GB mind!

Depends on how far you away from a power source I guess, I tend to take smaller more frequent recordings (mainly cos I might do something stupid whilst making a run!).

The remote charges the iphone when in use but this then does drain the remote so I also carry a 20000Mah USB bank one or the amazon slim ones.

I am always unsure on taking spare props (i just never need them so im curious why we all carry them, I can only think of a crash scenario?)

If im out at night I take a zoomable led torch and also some super bright leds that I can attached to the bird so i dont go BVLOS they are bright and usb chargeable, Flyton Stobeon

There is no arguing you cant see it! The only down side is they attract attention that you might not want when taking off or landing
2018-11-4
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Schmooit Posted at 11-4 13:45
I too take several SD cards but find the 64GB's pretty good value and handy to swap out, the M2P has onboard now so that also helps if I get caught out. That said Ive not yet managed to fill a 64GB whilst out with the combo pack, I did fill a 32GB mind!

Depends on how far you away from a power source I guess, I tend to take smaller more frequent recordings (mainly cos I might do something stupid whilst making a run!).

Thanks a lot for such a useful reply! It is really important having a couple of strong USB external batteries. A strong torch also is useful too!

I am hesitant doing night flights, and at the same time I d know I am missing some very important shots.

Best,

vidjcb
2018-11-5
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vidjcb Posted at 11-5 02:15
Thanks a lot for such a useful reply! It is really important having a couple of strong USB external batteries. A strong torch also is useful too!

I am hesitant doing night flights, and at the same time I d know I am missing some very important shots.

Night shots are cool you just need to be aware of your surroundings and understand that most of the obstacle avoidance systems do not work!
2018-11-5
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2018-11-5
Use props
Easy Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41414 ft
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2018-11-5
Use props
CrazyPup
lvl.3
United States

A clean pair of underpants.
2018-11-5
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

Vidjcb Posted at 11-4 00:00
Well thanks but just two SD cards? You may prefer recording full HD vs 4 K

I record in 4k/30fps
I have two 64Gb microSD cards. I use one and the other is backup.
I drain my three drone batteries before I run out of space

If it were possible to charge the batteries from a powerbank...
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules