Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery use during TimeLapse
444 3 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Current firmware, current DJI Go, iOS 12.01 on an iPod Touch (6th gen).  iPod is connected to a powerbank and monitors without battery issues.  
I've been running a timelapse of farming activity with images taken every 2 seconds.  Camera is 'fixed' (no panning, nor auto focus) Batteries are down to 10% in about 30-40 minutes, which is considerable shorter than when I take multiple long 'regular' videos.  The main difference is that the fan is running during the timelapse.  I want to be able to turn off the fans "manually."  (FWIW, outside temps are sufficiently low and Osmo is not in direct sunlight).  
Yes, I know I could spend another $75-100 on battery extend hardware, but for now, I don't need it, and probably won't use something like that enough to justify the expense.  Does anyone know how to stop the fans from running while doing timelapse?

2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We're currently checking your concern with our team if we could possibly have an option to turn off the fan while on the timelapse mode. Anyway, I would like to ask, on what specific Osmo series are you using while doing this timelapse? Thank you for your support.  Please let us know if you have other concern.
2018-11-5
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-5 10:28
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We're currently checking your concern with our team if we could possibly have an option to turn off the fan while on the timelapse mode. Anyway, I would like to ask, on what specific Osmo series are you using while doing this timelapse? Thank you for your support.  Please let us know if you have other concern.

Thank you for sharing my inquiry with your team.
As displayed in my Avatar info, I'm using an Osmo with both the Zenmuse X3 and M1 heads for timelapse.  However, there only the X3 has a fan.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 11-5 14:23
Thank you for sharing my inquiry with your team.
As displayed in my Avatar info, I'm using an Osmo with both the Zenmuse X3 and M1 heads for timelapse.  However, there only the X3 has a fan.

Hi, thanks for the clarification. I'll be providing the information in regards to this concern once I received the feedback from our team. We highly appreciated your patience.
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules