Why are parts for Inspire not available?
7868 50 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

jon@thefullers. Posted at 2015-6-4 15:01
I have two inspires, and one of them, from day one, was set up wrong, in that the camber of one ma ...

Mine is obviously wrong from the factory also, You can see it you dont need a laser or a jig to tell that one pod is slightly different camber or what ever, also one whole side of mine is about a degree difference it is an easy thing to see,  I see Ed is never short of smart answers for us dumb A$%  consumers I am quite capable of realigning one of these arms and so are most other people that have any modeling abilities at all the.  The real question is which one is correct to begin with,  If this is all so important and the jig is so accurate then why are they not all correct from the factory.  Of course the factory would have a jig to assemble with, It only makes sense.  My Brand new inspire less than a month old flew absolutely perfect before the firmware upgrade I did yesterday. Now it is a 3k paper weight, while I try to find a ccw motor and esc.  with an esc error that was not there before.
You dont suppose Ed that I could carefully scribe a mark and keep the factory alignment and remove a few bolts and unplug 2 wires and replace my esc and motor assembly.  Oh I forgot I am only a Mechanical Engineer, I guess I really do not have that ability.
2015-8-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-6-10 17:03
makes zero sense, some people can get parts somehow, and they arent that hard to fix if you have bas ...

I am never buying another dji product either.
2015-8-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Does anyone know where I can purchase a ccw motor and ESC assembly for my brand new version D Inspire ? To hell with the worthless warranty.
2015-8-15
Use props
jayredone10
lvl.4
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-6-10 17:03
makes zero sense, some people can get parts somehow, and they arent that hard to fix if you have bas ...

[img]Bought 3 motors, ESC's, 3 motor boom poles. From eBay.  Had to replace a pole after my freind crashed into me with a CX-5
Sometimes you get lucky and find low prices.
My Inspire 1 came from eBay in pieces.  Wanted to see if I could rebuild one and get it to fly.

Thanks to this forum and anther Inspire1 forum I was able to get it flying in about 2 weeks.
The big problem I had was I had to align the motor boom poles from pictures  of the drone. The guy I bought the poles from removed the screws and both my poles were broken in 2 places.Still flies great even in atti mode.
If anyone can take a ruler and measure the  tips of the front props I would greatly appreciate it.
Love how fast this thing is.

Parts replaced

Parts replaced

Complete

Complete
2015-8-16
Use props
narria
New

Venezuela

Broken Part

I had an accident with my Inspire 1, do you know whats number of part is this coupling? its necessary to buy the complete arm to fix this?

Broken Coupling

Broken Coupling

2015-11-29
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

It would be good if DJI could release a full parts schedule with the serial number for ordering spare parts.
2015-11-29
Use props
reverett.start
lvl.1

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 22:01
The Jig is solid aluminum and very precise.  If you want to risk $3k on a piece of wood go for it.

Well, this guy did a great job, and had no issues getting it to fly after the fix.

Please tell me again why DJI can't just get some carbon fibre tube on the market, if not just for a cash grab from repairs!
Why are people like me who paid a bundle, NOT getting the support they should be?
DJI is being ridiculous about repairs, time factors, and the ability to repair your own issues if one thinks they can.
I have never had a response from other queries, to possible fixes, upgrades, and future audio capabilities on cameras that should have it.
Please don't try and tell me there is no audio because of rotor noise and such, I have heard it all before and it doesn't wash with me....(The whole idea of retracting gear was for unobstructed video and it would have definitely reduced rotor wash/noise!)
Reminder!....It is far easier to remove audio from the video than it is to put it in at post render.
I think DJI has just went cheap on their cameras audio capabilities, and as far as I know they still don't have audio on the new cameras....(Putting audio on the Osmo is not a fix!) Here is a couple of ideas for you, again!
Fix the issues with audio or make a bloody gimbal so I can use a GoPro....I, like many others are tired of the excuses by DJI, and am thinking of cutting my losses and going with a better system.
Your business has truly grown, and with that you have managed to make a fortune, and yet still alienate many customers.
Good luck.
Rick
2016-4-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

reverett.start Posted at 2016-4-17 07:21
Well, this guy did a great job, and had no issues getting it to fly after the fix.
https://www.you ...

Think 'product liability' .

If you have the skills to fix and build so skilfully why don't you build yourself a craft better than what's commercially available instead of bashing the company. I can understand your frustration but really, the situation is just blown out of proportion.

If you took the trouble to look, you'd find spare parts for sale, legally in several places. (correction: I just checked and compared to 2 weeks ago,  parts like the arms and central core have been withdrawn from even Hong Kong resellers: so DJI is taking product liability very seriously).
Self repairs for some components are strongly discouraged for safety / engineering tolerance reasons. If YOU were running the business, I wonder how you'd make the decision to let unknown persons mess up a business you worked your guts out to build.
Yes, you could bring people in to train and such but could you guarantee QC?

I flew into a tree, broke and arm. Sent the bird to China for repairs, got it back in two weeks flat. Instead of pi**ing off the service staff, and Ed who is a fantastic guy, why don't you try the soft approach? I have and in EVERY instance, from shipping from the online store to getting repairs, I've only had positive experiences.

2016-4-16
Use props
RickEver
lvl.1

Canada

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-4-16 21:54
Think 'product liability' .

If you have the skills to fix and build so skilfully why don't you bu ...

Why would I build a quad when I spent a fortune on this one?
This has got to be the most ridiculous response I have ever read.
The fact DJI is concerned about reliability is fictitious.
It is what it is, and I see it as a cash grab.
As for skill and ability, it is my unit as I paid for it, and If I choose to repair it, I should have all tools available to do so.
I am a machinist by trade and have all equipment to make a perfect repair, yet NO material to do so....This is the most frustrating thing I have ever had to deal with and in my photographic profession, I  would do everything possible to make sure no one else has to deal with this crap.
As far as Ed goes, he can be the greatest person in the world, but if you are working for a company that is so horrible to it's customers, then it's your job to deal with the complaints....simple as that.
Product liability has nothing to do with a product I now own and have paid for.
It is mine to do with as I please and at loss of warranty would be my choice not theirs.
The fact that you would post such a lame excuse, and that DJI themselves have not responded, shows just how much the money means to them, and how much customer care does not.
*EDIT* If the soft approach had worked, I wouldn't be here right now.
2016-5-8
Use props
Arimese
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1172343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use China and yes Alibaba, and I have heard another. Why, those parts can be "cloned" at 10% of found costs out there or out there all, put in an RFQ, request labels to the big molders, and/or parts suppliers and small electronics for cables. Ive gotten ribbon cables down to $2.40 and propellers for 1.20 ea. . These are not miracles and when they aren't already stock, go ahead and simply send the part for 3dprinting
2017-5-12
Use props
Harb1963
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

For the record, I marked my arms, and them shifted them all over the place, and as long as they were both the same the inspire flew as per usual in fact I have adjusted everything there is to adjust from time to time with zero negative results.........I have 2 of them, 1 has never had any adjustments so I can use it as a reference, but both fly the same regardless.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules