387228 387228 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kfife
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

+1 on this topic.
I was about to BUY a Pixel 3XL on black Friday, thinking it would be the shizzle for piloting the drone.  My old Nexus 6P battery is very old, such that flying under about 60 % of charge creates the risk of the mid-flight phone shutdown due to power draw, which obviously is a problem.
2018-11-16
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

DJI, what's the status on this issue??? This phone has been out for awhile now...really frustrating with the lack of support!
2018-11-17
Use props
harleypan86
lvl.1
United States

Ahhhhhh we really need this to be fixed before the Thanksgiving holidays....DJI please help and hurry up
2018-11-20
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148681 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-13 14:44
As of the moment, we don't have the exact date on when we will release the next app version. Please stay tuned.

Is there any information about when the next update will come? Like days, weeks, months?
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

13Prost37 Posted at 11-22 05:17
Is there any information about when the next update will come? Like days, weeks, months?

Hi, we still don't have the exact date on when we will release the new update. I'll follow up this concern to our R&D department for clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-11-23
Use props
B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74557 ft
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 09:02
Hi, we still don't have the exact date on when we will release the new update. I'll follow up this concern to our R&D department for clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

NO connection between my Google PIXEL 2 XL and the DJI GO App!!
I tried every thin...It is frustrating!!
I can't use my Mavic Air!
Please fix the problem :-(
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

B@n Posted at 11-27 12:12

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could please give me the detail information below:
DJI Go App firmware version:
Aircraft firmware version:
Remote firmware version:
Mobile device operating system (if any):

I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Thank you.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans74f1c097 Posted at 11-1 15:08
I tried different ways to link the phone to the controller. Used a USB A to USB C cable to plug in to the USB A port at the bottom of the controller. Same issue. I tried using a Micro USB to USB C adapter and the micro USB cable for the controller. Same issue.

I already received the response from our R&D Engineers. We tested the Pixel 3 ,and it is finally working with your Mavic Air. Please make sure to update your APP to version is V4.3.4. Kindly update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If the issue persists, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Again, our apologies for all the trouble. Thanks for your support.

2018-11-28
Use props
B
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-27 12:39
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could please give me the detail information below:

Ok, I updated aircraft, controller 3 days ago, and App DJI go yesterday; this is the informations:

Aircraft Firmware:  v01.00.0500
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0200
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.4
SMARTPHONE: GOOGLE PIXEL 2 XL with android 9 Pie

For more informations, I also tried:
- To change cable between Phone and controller
- Connect the phone to the controller by Usb A - Usb C
- activate Airplane mode
-  tuned off the lock and fingerprint unlock on PIXEL 2 XL
But without success!

The phone going in charge /uncharge continuously when I open the App.

Waiting for your response
Thank you in advance

2018-11-28
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 00:38
I already received the response from our R&D Engineers. We tested the Pixel 3 ,and it is finally working with your Mavic Air. Please make sure to update your APP to version is V4.3.4. Kindly update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If the issue persists, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Again, our apologies for all the trouble. Thanks for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Thank you for the update, can't wait to try this later. But I'm curious as to why the update isn't pushed out "over the air"?
2018-11-28
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310486 ft
United States

I already received the response from our R&D Engineers. We tested the Pixel 3 ,and it is finally working with your Mavic Air. Please make sure to update your APP to version is V4.3.4. Kindly update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If the issue persists, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Again, our apologies for all the trouble. Thanks for your support.

Hi DJIPaladin. Thank you for the information. I would like to inform you that I tried to update the firmware of both the controller and my Mavic Air using the DJI assistant app. IT DID NOT WORK. I have the V 4.3.4 of the DJI Go 4 App. i'm providing a link to the video like you requested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlqoka ... Ir%20Issue.mov?dl=0

In this video you will be able to see that controller is not able to sync without using an external power source. When at first the controller does not sync, I used a battery pack to charge the controller while attempting to sync my pixel 3 XL via the USB port at the bottom of the controller. I can assure you that DJI Go 4 V4.3.4 DOES NOT fix this compatibility issue with Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. Let me know if you need further clarifications regarding the video or if you need any other information. The only way to make the Mavic Air controller work with Pixel 3/3XL is by using an external power source. Please let us know when this issue will be fixed. If this is not a fixable issue, please let us know so that we can move on.Mavic Air Controller Issue With Pixel 3 /3XL

Thanks.

Thanks.
2018-11-28
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

Kmohib Posted at 11-28 22:44
Hi DJIPaladin. Thank you for the information. I would like to inform you that I tried to update the firmware of both the controller and my Mavic Air using the DJI assistant app. IT DID NOT WORK. I have the V 4.3.4 of the DJI Go 4 App. i'm providing a link to the video like you requested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlqokailpu1a6si/DJI%20Mavic%20AIr%20Issue.mov?dl=0

I didn't get a chance to try the "fix" yesterday but this is disappointing to read.
2018-11-29
Use props
TheZero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2129 ft
Germany

idontknow Posted at 11-29 05:03
I didn't get a chance to try the "fix" yesterday but this is disappointing to read.

At the weekend I will test again with my Pixel 3. But I have no hope that it will work
I have vorgstern for testing a Samsung Tab 10 connected. This has immediately connected with the controller.
At the same time, I ordered another used Huawei Mate 8. I hope that at least I can fly with it.
Otherwise, I have no choice but to give the beautiful Mavic Air back.
That would be a pity.
2018-11-29
Use props
henkdevries2
New
United States

Same issue here. Bought the Mavic Air in the US and only brought my Pixel 3, no way to get the drone connected. Did not expect this from a product that expensive.
2018-11-29
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

Kmohib Posted at 11-28 22:44

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlqokailpu1a6si/DJI%20Mavic%20AIr%20Issue.mov?dl=0

Same issue, not going to post a video because his does exactly as mine.  4.3.4 doesn't fix the issue, plus there are no firmware updates available since September.
2018-11-29
Use props
fans05090d44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82090 ft
United States

I tried the steps above to update the firmware.  It did not fix the issue.
Like mentioned above, I am also running:
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0200
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.4
PIXEL 3 XL with android 9 Pie
Using Assistant 2 on Windows, I did a refresh of the Mavic Air's firmware to v01.00.0500 just to see if that would help.  
I've been trying to refresh my RC the same way, but it won't connect to my Windows computer. It just keeps making the connecting sound, then the disconnecting sound over and over.  i tried both ports and different cables.
I was able to get it to connect to my Mac after using a USB A hub. Verified good USB C cables would not recognized the RC on my Mojave MacBook Pro at all.  
Using the USB A hub, I tried to refresh the firmware of the RC, but it would fail at 46%.  I never did get it to connect to my Windows machine.
Finally I tried an iOS device. It said there were no firmware updates, however, the button to check for a new firmware for the RC was not there. I could check for the firmware of everything else, but not the RC.
This is getting really frustrating.
2018-11-29
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 09:02
Hi, we still don't have the exact date on when we will release the new update. I'll follow up this concern to our R&D department for clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Hi DJI Natalia and DJI Paladin. I just want to return my drone and get my money back. This is beyond frustrating for a customer. I cannot deal with this anymore. It is becoming more and more evident that DJI is either too lax in fixing this issue or there isn't a fix for this issue. DJI should therefore accept returns from customers since they are not able to stand by their products. What a waste of a customer's hard earned money.
2018-11-29
Use props
Kxronos
lvl.1
United States

One last thing to note. On the Pixel 3, when you plug in a USB cable, you can select USB Preferences and change USB controlled by: Connected device or This device.  I was hoping that would solve the problem, but when I plugged into the RC and went to this settings page, it never activated. All the settings were grayed out so I couldn't even try telling the phone to let the RC control it.
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_waCsrMAUmbPP
lvl.1
Ireland

I don't see how it could work without an update of the remote's firmware through dji assistant since we can't establish a stable connection between the remote and the pixel 3. This is so frustrating and disappointing.
2018-11-29
Use props
B
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-27 12:39

Please, did you have news?
thanks in advance
2018-11-30
Use props
B
lvl.1
Italy

I think that the problem with PIXEL 3 is common to my problem with PIXEL 2 XL.....Same issues....
I hope it is solved as soon as possible
2018-11-30
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

So I finally able to connect to my Mavic Air with DJI Assistant 2. Looks like I already have the latest firmware which is V01.00.0500 for the MA. But when I try to connect the remote to my PC, it keeps connecting and disconnecting....
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

B@n Posted at 11-28 02:22
Ok, I updated aircraft, controller 3 days ago, and App DJI go yesterday; this is the informations:

Hello there, thanks for the update. I'll forward this information to our R&D department for further help. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2018-11-30
Use props
Kxronos
lvl.1
United States

idontknow Posted at 11-30 09:57
So I finally able to connect to my Mavic Air with DJI Assistant 2. Looks like I already have the latest firmware which is V01.00.0500 for the MA. But when I try to connect the remote to my PC, it keeps connecting and disconnecting....

Yep, same. When I tried on a Mac, the RC connected, but failed trying to refresh the firmware.

I noticed there was a new iOS version 4.3.5 that specifically says it address firmware issues, but when I tried the remote on that, it didn't let me check for new firmware either.
2018-11-30
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

Are you able to fly your Mavic Air with your Pixel 3 after connecting using the DJI assistant?
2018-11-30
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

Kmohib Posted at 11-30 11:02
Are you able to fly your Mavic Air with your Pixel 3 after connecting using the DJI assistant?

no, still same problem.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TheZero Posted at 11-29 08:55
At the weekend I will test again with my Pixel 3. But I have no hope that it will work
I have vorgstern for testing a Samsung Tab 10 connected. This has immediately connected with the controller.
At the same time, I ordered another used Huawei Mate 8. I hope that at least I can fly with it.

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would it be possible if you can provide us the following:
Remote firmware version:

Please bear with us as we keep on testing the device on Mavic Air. Your coordination and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

henkdevries2 Posted at 11-29 11:58
Same issue here. Bought the Mavic Air in the US and only brought my Pixel 3, no way to get the drone connected. Did not expect this from a product that expensive.

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would it be possible if you can provide us the following:
Remote firmware version:

Also, a sample video if possible. Please bear with us as we keep on testing the device on Mavic Air. Your coordination and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kgeissler Posted at 11-29 16:15
Same issue, not going to post a video because his does exactly as mine.  4.3.4 doesn't fix the issue, plus there are no firmware updates available since September.

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. We keep on testing the device on the Mavic Air. Please bear with us. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would it be possible if you can provide us a sample video so we can check this on our end? Thank you.
2018-11-30
Use props
fans58bbc400
lvl.1

United States

B@n Posted at 11-27 12:12

After having early success, I'm having connection issues with my Google Pixel 2XL, too, likely when I started messing around with trying to use a WIFI connection.  The comments here suggest several possible fixes to these issues (you can skip the video - it only shows 5 different ways the poster could NOT get it to connect):    
2018-11-30
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

I just did a search for 'Google Pixel 3 problems' and the results are not nice to read, such as this one Pixel 3.

If the above is true, why should dji be responsible to fix Google's bugs?

When I purchased my Mavic Pro it took a bit of homework to identify a suitable phone/tab for dedicated use.

Sorry to bring you the sad news, I hope that you all get to fly. I would be returning my phone before I let my little  bird go
2018-11-30
Use props
djiuser_waCsrMAUmbPP
lvl.1
Ireland

Boffin Posted at 11-30 19:37
I just did a search for 'Google Pixel 3 problems' and the results are not nice to read, such as this one Pixel 3.

If the above is true, why should dji be responsible to fix Google's bugs?

Google is making Android and the pixels phones are pure Android phones. If the remote is not working with the last Google phone, it might also not be working with many other Android devices to come and even older Android devices when they get updated since it seems that it's not working anymore on the pixel 2.
2018-12-1
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_waCsrMAUmbPP Posted at 12-1 02:41
Google is making Android and the pixels phones are pure Android phones. If the remote is not working with the last Google phone, it might also not be working with many other Android devices to come and even older Android devices when they get updated since it seems that it's not working anymore on the pixel 2.

I have both the pixel 2 XL and the pixel 3 XL. The Mavic works fine with my Pixel 2 XL (I flew yesterday with no issues)
2018-12-1
Use props
fans58bbc400
lvl.1

United States

fans58bbc400 Posted at 11-30 18:03
After having early success, I'm having connection issues with my Google Pixel 2XL, too, likely when I started messing around with trying to use a WIFI connection.  The comments here suggest several possible fixes to these issues (you can skip the video - it only shows 5 different ways the poster could NOT get it to connect):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhZunJ_O4w

Summarizing some of those comments from that link that might help (these are all individual responses, not a conversation, per se):  

•        I've had a problem to connect with RC cable, solved it by connecting RC cable to my iphone last. Set everything up and only after everything connect the RC cable and wait 5 seconds.
•        the problem happens after you try to use wifi only mode to solve it press parring button and hold for 35 sec release and recycle power on AC and RC do the parring again. the problem is the default CE mode of AC when you use Wifi only mode to prevent the problem change the mode to fcc custom channel . now the AC will be in wifi mode till you make RC relink procedure
•        So I made the mistake of pairing via wifi first. If you've done the same, try to power off RC and drone and then back on again. This worked for me.
•        Insert or change a SD card. Missing or faulty SD card blocks the connection to the RC.
2018-12-1
Use props
TheZero
lvl.2
Germany

Hello everybody.
Yesterday I finally got a Huawei P8 for testing.
This works the connection right away.
This morning I got the December patch from Google on my Pixel 3.
Since there according to Google some bugs should have been fixed, I thought, give it a try.
And lo and behold, the connection works.
I'll test a few more times right now.
But maybe you can try that too.
2018-12-4
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

TheZero Posted at 12-4 00:58
Hello everybody.

Thanks man! I woke up in the middle of the night to check this and yes it works alright! Looks like it was Google's fault all along. Just get the latest security update on Pixel 3/3XL and you are good to go people. It works without any hacks. I didn't go out and fly but the connection was established without any hiccups.

I was about to buy a phone off someone today just to be able to fly without any hiccups. Now I will have to disappoint them.

Here's to hoping that this issue doesn't show up later after OS updates.
2018-12-4
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

TheZero Posted at 12-4 00:58
Hello everybody.

Sweet! thanks for letting us know. Will try this later today!! i'm v excited
2018-12-4
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148681 ft
United States

Pixel 3XL, works great. Thanks so much for the assistance DJI!
2018-12-4
Use props
TheZero
lvl.2
Germany

13Prost37 Posted at 12-4 15:30
Pixel 3XL, works great. Thanks so much for the assistance DJI!

Dji hat damit nichts zu tun.
Das war Google.
2018-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules