Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Controller Incompatible With Pixel 3
15633 89 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

After the December update, my Pixel 3 can now connect to the MA.
2018-12-5
Use props
Kxronos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82090 ft
United States

I'll try it at home. I did see that DJI released a new version of DJI Go 4 last night as well.  Whoever fixed it, Google or DJI, thank you DJI Admins for looking into it and taking our concerns seriously.  We can be a bit crabby when our expensive stuff doesn't work. Thanks.
2018-12-5
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr Posted at 10-28 23:10
Initially I was able to connect my Pixel 3 to the controller without any issue. I was then prompted to update the firmware on the drone and it completed successfully. Then I went to update the firmware and after one of the restarts is when the phone started charging on/off repeatedly. Since then I haven't been able to successfully connect the controller again. Even downgrading the firmware didn't work  I haven't even gotten a chance to fly for the first time yet. I hope this gets fixed soon...

As a test have you tried a "loan" phone with 3GB or more RAM?
2018-12-6
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148681 ft
United States

TheZero Posted at 12-4 22:45
Dji hat damit nichts zu tun.
Das war Google.

DJI still put up with our BS and tried to fix it... I think... none the less, they work now!
2018-12-6
Use props
djiuser_YVlwDZvdj6ih
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-11-3 10:36
Hi there. Our engineering team will need to test the Google Pixel 3 first. I will let you know the update soon. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello everyone my name is Mark I just bought a magic 2 zoom for me and my son too go and have fun .When I got the drone I connect my pixel 3xl to control and it says I have too update firmware but when I go to update it it keeps telling me it does not work.. PLEASE help my son is so ready too go and see it fly ...thank you for your time
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_YVlwDZvdj6ih Posted at 1-24 18:29
Hello everyone my name is Mark I just bought a magic 2 zoom for me and my son too go and have fun .When I got the drone I connect my pixel 3xl to control and it says I have too update firmware but when I go to update it it keeps telling me it does not work.. PLEASE help my son is so ready too go and see it fly ...thank you for your time

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to update the firmware of your Mavic 2 Zoom via DJI Assitant 2? Please check the video tutorial below for reference. After that, please don't forget to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft then connect your Google Pixel 3. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2019-1-25
Use props
Pelayo Senís
New

Spain

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if finally Mavic 2 Zoom is working with Pixel 3???

Thanks and regards.
2019-7-16
Use props
BYUIain
New

I'm ready to buy a Mavic 2 Zoom, but am waiting to know with confidence if my Pixel 3 will work with it.  Has there been any confirmation by anyone on that yet?
2019-9-3
Use props
sabram07hotmai
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr Posted at 2018-10-28 23:10
Initially I was able to connect my Pixel 3 to the controller without any issue. I was then prompted to update the firmware on the drone and it completed successfully. Then I went to update the firmware and after one of the restarts is when the phone started charging on/off repeatedly. Since then I haven't been able to successfully connect the controller again. Even downgrading the firmware didn't work  I haven't even gotten a chance to fly for the first time yet. I hope this gets fixed soon...

Here I am in March of 2020 and my brand new mavic mini will not connect to my Pixel 3 XL, I've tried everything factory reset reinstalled all the apps talk to the service rep from DJI, they were telling me it should be working. But it doesn't work, my wife's pixel one works my son's
2020-3-14
Use props
Nick EIchner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2887 ft
Australia

And here we are at the end of May 2010 and DJI controllers are still incompatible with Pixel 3 phones.

Frustratingly, I must have received the following "templated" response 4 or more times from DJI Customer Service - "...Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention".

What action is the DJI's R&D team taking to address this??
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules